HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 2012 Election

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:24 PM

2012 Election

This election will be about the color of Obama's skin and nothing else. Romney is already dog whistling all over the place. His latest speech is about Obama giving all of the money to minorities. In the South they use the "N" and "S" word openly. You can feel the deep hatred and vitriol in Romney's voice the and see it in his demeanor. And you can hear the snarky meanness in his audiences. It is all about enraging the blue collar class to vote for their their own economic suicide.

All the GOP is about now is creating rage and open political warfare across religious, race, class and cultural lines. They are determined to fracture the nation and create an atmosphere of hate against Obama and his family. When you hear Ann Coulter say tat the GOP and conservatives should start attacking Obama's children directly through the hate radio network you should really take notice. The din is creating a potentially dangerous atmosphere. I know that many on this forum may believe that I am over reacting. Hopefully I am wrong, but I dread what is coming in the next few months

This election will have nothing to do with the issues. It will be the most hateful and vicious election in the history of the country. And I do fear the GOP is working on a grand plan to take over the country by crashing the election. And I still believe the GOP is a very dangerous and violent party. They do political violence to the country every single day. Their violence is not the physical kind necessarily. It is the psychological and administrative kind of violence that makes people feel helpless.

If the nation buys into this strategy and give the GOP more power we are lost as a nation.

10 replies, 1015 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply 2012 Election (Original post)
TheMastersNemesis Mar 2012 OP
Taverner Mar 2012 #1
3waygeek Mar 2012 #2
TheMastersNemesis Mar 2012 #3
Taverner Mar 2012 #5
Dawson Leery Mar 2012 #4
TheMastersNemesis Mar 2012 #6
MineralMan Mar 2012 #7
longship Mar 2012 #8
libtodeath Mar 2012 #9
gopiscrap Mar 2012 #10

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:26 PM

1. Pardon my stupidity, but what is the "S" word?

And you don't have to spell it out - I don't want anyone getting alerted over this

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Taverner (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:29 PM

2. My guess is that it's a popular slur

against Hispanics -- the other minority they say Obama's giving all the money to.

Reply to this post

Response to Taverner (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:29 PM

3. There Is Another Word

There is another slang word used for Hispanics that I cannot use here. But it is degrading and is frequently used in the whispering campaigns.

Reply to this post

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:36 PM

5. OK I get it

Thanks

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:31 PM

4. Romney has sense of entitlement.

He will say anything to get into the Whitehouse.
George and Lenore Romney are prime examples of poor parents. They gave their son the best of everything. Mittens never had to work for it. He was allowed to spend his missionary days in Paris. He was given everything from a young age. Mittens sees himself entitled to the Presidency. I concur with you, Romney is going to use every dog whistle he can find/invent to rile up the right wing base. The Koch Brothers/Rove will have hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal to propagate this hate, along with their allies in right wing hate radio.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:37 PM

6. What You Are Going To See

You are going to see a doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on their strategy. The race baiting has been escalating ever since Obama took office. I hear it all the time where I am in an indirect way. The language is covert and gets beyond all rationalism and reason. The structure is meant to create and unconscious rage in the person they do not recognize. It is part of what a therapeutic psychology called "neuro linguistic programming" that is very effective at tapping into person beyond their awareness. It acts likea favorite song and the message keeps playing over and over again in your head.

The problem is that it is like an infection that is not recognized. Here's an example.

I am a Dr. Who fan and there was a series of episodes where The Doctor and his companions encountered these monsters. When they were looking at them they could see them and react and defense against them. When these monsters were out of sight The Doctor and his companions as well as other characters interacting would forget all knowledge of them. When they were out of sigth they were out of mind.

This race hatred language is coded and goes unrecognized yet it does huge damage.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:41 PM

7. Only from the Republican side will it be about race.

The angrier and uglier the rhetoric gets, the more moderate Republicans and Independent voters will vote for President Obama. My parents, who have been long time Republicans have already said that they're voting for Obama because of the stupidity and vile rhetoric coming from the GOP candidates.

They can bring it, but they'll be taking it home with them, not to the White House. That's my prediction.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 05:51 PM

8. Don't forget that the Repugs are a theocratic party

I do think that we're going to find out this year how deep this rabbit hole goes. If Obama wins in Nov. which at this time I think is likely, then we may be okay for a couple of years.

But if we don't take back the house, or worse, that we lose the Senate and lose ground in the House, I believe this country is truly screwed (but not because we've lost the majority). Instead, we're screwed because that means that the Repugs are gaining traction for what can only be called the march to that for which they devoutly desire, a US Christian theocracy.

The only weapon we have is to bring out more voters to the polls in Nov. than our lunatic opponents. It's what we have to do because you can bet your bottom dollar that it's precisely what they are doing.

We've got a lot of work to do. Assuming that we're going to win in November would be our greatest mistake and could have the gravest of consequences.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 06:07 PM

9. When it is obvious how big they will lose in November

is when I get worried that there will be violence against Democratic candidates and voters.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 06:22 PM

10. I fully agree with you been saying that for a long time...GOP is responsible

for Gabrielle Gifford's attack, the Martin death and a whole slew of other aggressive actions towards people. We saw this coming in 2008 during the Pres. election but basically ignored it. It can't be ignored this time!!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread