HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Good rebuttal article to ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 04:13 PM

Good rebuttal article to the WSJ revisionist Rove piece (Warning: Horrible Karl Rove photo)

Last edited Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:44 PM - Edit history (1)

The president’s made himself a re-election movie. It’s narrated by Tom Hanks and directed by Academy Award-winner Davis Guggenheim. It highlights Obama’s successes, like staving off another Great Depression, saving the American auto industry, ending the Iraq War as promised and killing Osama bin Laden. It’s over the top, sure, but it’s a partisan endeavor — what would you expect?

And even though Rove is no stranger to political propaganda (‘Mission Accomplished’ flight suit that made Bush’s package look huge, anyone?), he’s apoplectic about this last point in today’s screed:

As for the killing of Osama bin Laden, Mr. Obama did what virtually any commander in chief would have done in the same situation. Even President Bill Clinton says in the film “that’s the call I would have made.” For this to be portrayed as the epic achievement of the first term tells you how bare the White House cupboards are.

http://hypervocal.com/news/2012/karl-rove-delusional-osama-obama/

3 replies, 970 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Good rebuttal article to the WSJ revisionist Rove piece (Warning: Horrible Karl Rove photo) (Original post)
sledwreck13 Mar 2012 OP
MissMarple Mar 2012 #1
sledwreck13 Mar 2012 #2
arthritisR_US Mar 2012 #3

Response to sledwreck13 (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 05:10 PM

1. Seriously, this picture needs a warning. It's disgusting.

And Rove, as usual, is a acting like a liar and a creep. Something wicked this way comes...to borrow a phrase.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MissMarple (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:44 PM

2. Sorry about that, you're totally right.

Edited with warning.

Reply to this post

Response to sledwreck13 (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:09 PM

3. Mr Rove, have you forgot...

"I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. ... I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

-- George W. Bush, March 13, 2002

I am certain any president could have got the sod if they had cared enough to try. Looks like your puppet didn't.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread