HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » In the past hour I have g...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 03:23 PM

In the past hour I have gotten 5 petitions regarding Trayvon Martin,

the Stand Your Ground Law, Florida Gun Laws, etc. A few sites I know of, Move On and Daily Kos, but others I have never heard of. However, I agree with ALL the petitions and have submitted my name, and address, to petition Governor Scott, Florida Senators, and my local state representative.

Are people across the country getting these petitions? Is it just because I live in Florida? I thought of posting a few of them on here, but given the gun rights supporters of so many of the DU members, I haven't. I will, though, continue to call for the resignation of the Sanford Police Chief, arrest and prosecution of George Zimmerman, AND the repeal, or at least, modification of that Stand Your Ground Law in Florida, as a FLORIDA RESIDENT. ONE abuse of that Stand Your Ground Law is ONE TOO MANY.

1 replies, 672 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply In the past hour I have gotten 5 petitions regarding Trayvon Martin, (Original post)
HockeyMom Mar 2012 OP
ScreamingMeemie Mar 2012 #1

Response to HockeyMom (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 03:26 PM

1. I am getting them too. I signed the Change.org petition as that is the one that

his parents put out there, on their facebook pages. I'm focusing, on edit, more about making a murderer pay, than the gun aspect at this point.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread