HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "Listen, you got my ...

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 11:39 AM

"Listen, you got my brother, George, elected, I'm grateful for that."

From yesterday's "The Ed Show." Video @ the URL below.

Ed Schultz: mike, has the nra done a terrible disservice to the state of florida and other states by passing this law, under the guise that, hey, they got to protect gun rights . look what this has delivered us.

Mike Papantonio: the real problem to me, ed, is not -- the nra is the problem, but the real problem is the politician who jumps behind the nra , simply because the nra is feeding him a bunch of campaign money. that's what happened here. when jeb bush thought this was a good idea to pass this, it was the nra -- as a matter of fact, jeb bush at one point said, listen, you got my brother, george, elected, i'm grateful for that. and you start following the money on this, there was no reason for this law to pass.

Ed Schultz: so there was very little pushback on this law in florida because of the influence of the nra . now, moving forward, do you have any confidence that the grand jury , with the character of this part of the country, is going to be able to deliver justice?

Mike Papantonio: ed, people don't understand, the grand jury is going to be completely influenced by the state attorney who presents the evidence. this state attorney, onlbviously, has blown this case from the beginning. so to think that a grand jury is going to be able to be influenced in a positive way by this prosecutor is very far-fetched.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-ed-show/46815616#46815616

2 replies, 819 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Listen, you got my brother, George, elected, I'm grateful for that." (Original post)
Amerigo Vespucci Mar 2012 OP
hlthe2b Mar 2012 #1
klook Mar 2012 #2

Response to Amerigo Vespucci (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 11:43 AM

1. That pic of Trayvon...

What a good looking, earnest young man... so full of promise.

I know we should hope his legacy is that something good will come from this. But, all I can think about is the loss. sigh....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 11:57 AM

2. This has really hit a lot of us in the gut

I feel so bad for this young man, his family, his friends, his community. For this nation. So many bright young lives cut short, just to satisfy the urges of the mean and ignorant.

We all have to work harder for justice and for understanding.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread