HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Solidarity; symbolism; en...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Mar 19, 2012, 08:52 PM

Solidarity; symbolism; enlightenment, some notions.

I think we need a symbol of solidarity that men and women can use in our fight against the gop's war on women. This symbol could be used as a lapel pin, an armband, found on a t-shirt, a bumper sticker, a yard sign and etc. This symbol should be simple and easily recognizable. If there is one out there already then let's push it, if not, then someone here could design it.

I believe that this symbol of solidarity would see much use in the run up to the election and should provide those using it the opportunity to spread the truths about the gop's war on women.

Furthermore I think it would be useful to have here in the DU a place dedicated to countering the gop talking points/lies/disinformation/propaganda in this war. Their misinformation comes directly out of corporate funded think tanks with a dynamic media machine to spread it. I for one, would find it useful to have quick access to the data and/or info that counters the crap put out there by this republican scream machine. It would make it easier for us to enlighten those we encounter who have only fox news to source.

1 replies, 734 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Solidarity; symbolism; enlightenment, some notions. (Original post)
chknltl Mar 2012 OP
JDPriestly Mar 2012 #1

Response to chknltl (Original post)

Tue Mar 20, 2012, 03:05 AM

1. Good idea!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread