HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I am baffled that Republi...

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 02:42 PM

I am baffled that Republicans do not endorse extending unemployment benefits.

I believe about eighty percent of that money goes straight into the pockets of one of Republican's largest donors. The Walmart family.. I would think Walmart would be all for extending unemployment benefits since they get the lion's share anyway... I guess their hatred for anything Democrats want, over powers their love for Big Money.

9 replies, 489 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Bandit (Original post)

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 02:44 PM

1. It's WooThink.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 02:49 PM

2. They think ONLY DEMOCRATS get unemployment....

....and if they keep this shit up, they'll be right.

Every Republican who got his benefits cut will probably vote the other way soon...

Reply to this post

Response to MADem (Reply #2)

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 03:03 PM

5. I wouldn't be so sure about that.

There are still too many people out there who don't have a fucking clue as to how their government works. Either they didn't get civics classes as kids, or they slept through them. They believe that the president is king, and that he makes all the laws. At least that's what FoxNews and Limbaugh have them believing. They don't understand that this is their own ratfuck party's doing, so they'll keep voting for them.

Reply to this post

Response to GoCubsGo (Reply #5)

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 03:12 PM

8. It's up to the Dem running against the Republican to point out how their opponent voted,

using "everyday people" to drive the point home.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 02:55 PM

3. They are trying to crash the economy to make President Obama look bad.

They know damn well that this will slow down any improvements this economy is showing. It will have ripple effects on all the other businesses (grocery stores, etc.) that will lose out when they lose these jobless people as customers. And, they hope that when it does, Pres. Obama and his party will get all the blame for it. That's way more important than helping the Walton family make a few more bucks. It's not that difficult to understand.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 02:57 PM

4. I think there is a bit of a disconnect between the Malmart shit kids personally....

.... and the business Walmart.

The Walmart family stands to benefit, literally, billions of dollars if the repigs get their way just in inheritance taxes alone (see: inheritance tax paper titled Spending Millions To Save Billions).

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 03:04 PM

6. Remember, they're idiots

They think the economy isn't expanding because people don't want to work. Really. They think like this.

Billionaires who are seeing the returns on their stocks starting to decline don't want to increase wages, either, because they're much more afraid of inflation than they are of diminishing returns.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 03:09 PM

7. They are trying to hurt the economy so they can blame it on a democratic administration

They are not going to approve any spending at all as long as they control the house and a democrat is in the white house. Republicans don't care about the suffering of the poor or unfortunate. Why should they? They're well off and rewarded with money and power by their rich donors for their efforts to screw workers and the poor.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 6, 2014, 03:37 PM

9. Like everything else, probably using the suffering of people like a bargaining chip

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread