HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I ended a life long frien...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:35 PM

I ended a life long friendship today because .....

I had a good friend that I have known all of my life. We went to elementary school together, we went to high school together and we have kept up with each other through facebook. When I came out last year he was the first person to tell me that he had my back and that he wasn't going to let anything change between us.

This cat was so cool. He would post the craziest things on facebook. I enjoyed his posts. I never once hit on him because I knew he was a married man. So we had a conversation about why women dressed provocatively in church. HE started sharing his experiences with women who love to cheat on men. So I told him from the gay view point that I go through the same thing on the gay side and have herd the same excuses. So my former friend being the curious man he was wanted to know what I had went through. So when I went to bed last night I didn't give it a second thought.

The next thing I know his wife and sister making comments like, "I'm going to keep an eye on him." sister said, "Yea me too." and I respond, "What the hell you mean you going to keep an eye on me?" Treating me like I'm about to come in between their marriage when in the entire time I've known my friend I never ever hit on him. Then they said we don't want to hear about your adventures with men. Don't you ever post stuff like that on my husband's page.

So naturally I sent my friend a PM and told him if he doesn't get his family in line and set them straight, we're done. The sister than tells me to ACT LIKE A FUCKING MAN." that was her quote. So I responded to all of them saying, "I am not going to sit here and be accused of doing something I know I didn't do. I have been friends with your husband a long damn time. I've known him all my life. He has no problems with me being gay but apparently you two do. If you are going to dictate what I can and can't post on my best friends page when he asked me to talk about my experiences, then with all due respect FUCK THE BOTH OF YOU. I don't need this drama in my life and i"m unfriending all three of you. Bye."

That's what I did. I unfriended my childhood friend, I then blocked his hateful wife and his hateful sister. It hurt because the dude was my friend but I'm getting over it. I'm NOT going to tolerate bigotry here but it's hard down here in the south and I suspect that it's not the last time I'm going to have to do this.

70 replies, 4424 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 70 replies Author Time Post
Reply I ended a life long friendship today because ..... (Original post)
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 OP
daleanime Dec 2013 #1
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #3
daleanime Dec 2013 #12
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #13
daleanime Dec 2013 #17
pnwmom Dec 2013 #26
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #30
pnwmom Dec 2013 #32
Sherman A1 Dec 2013 #56
DeschutesRiver Dec 2013 #36
alfredo Dec 2013 #42
bluestate10 Dec 2013 #59
Lizzie Poppet Dec 2013 #11
daleanime Dec 2013 #15
Lizzie Poppet Dec 2013 #18
daleanime Dec 2013 #23
Katashi_itto Dec 2013 #33
daleanime Dec 2013 #35
Katashi_itto Dec 2013 #52
get the red out Dec 2013 #2
TransitJohn Dec 2013 #4
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #6
Wounded Bear Dec 2013 #14
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #19
alfredo Dec 2013 #43
pnwmom Dec 2013 #29
NoOneMan Dec 2013 #5
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #7
Beacool Dec 2013 #8
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #9
alfredo Dec 2013 #45
Egnever Dec 2013 #10
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #16
alfredo Dec 2013 #46
UTUSN Dec 2013 #20
joeglow3 Dec 2013 #21
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #22
joeglow3 Dec 2013 #24
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #25
joeglow3 Dec 2013 #31
jberryhill Dec 2013 #27
La Lioness Priyanka Dec 2013 #28
Coolest Ranger Dec 2013 #34
La Lioness Priyanka Dec 2013 #38
aikoaiko Dec 2013 #37
bluestate10 Dec 2013 #60
awoke_in_2003 Dec 2013 #67
Captain Stern Dec 2013 #39
loudsue Dec 2013 #40
ReRe Dec 2013 #41
Mr Dixon Dec 2013 #44
meaculpa2011 Dec 2013 #47
azurnoir Dec 2013 #48
Stainless Dec 2013 #49
liberalmuse Dec 2013 #50
Kelvin Mace Dec 2013 #51
Veilex Dec 2013 #53
vlyons Dec 2013 #54
Flatulo Dec 2013 #57
toby jo Dec 2013 #55
bluestate10 Dec 2013 #58
Demo_Chris Dec 2013 #61
BlueToTheBone Dec 2013 #62
Lancero Dec 2013 #63
Warpy Dec 2013 #64
panader0 Dec 2013 #65
Skittles Dec 2013 #66
BKH70041 Dec 2013 #68
pipi_k Dec 2013 #69
Festivito Dec 2013 #70

Response to Coolest Ranger (Original post)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:40 PM

1. Did you really end a friendship....

because he can't control his wife?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to daleanime (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:42 PM

3. Yes they called me everything except a child of god.

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #3)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:52 PM

12. I hoping that I misread that...

its the wife and sister making the comments, right? Has he done anything wrong? Other then loving jerks that is.

Its just sad to think of losing a good friend, something that there are too few of, because of the people around him.

Reply to this post

Response to daleanime (Reply #12)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:54 PM

13. No you didn't

I really did not want to end the friendship, but if I continued to remain friends with him, I would ALWAYS have those two over my shoulders trying to control him and me and I just couldn't subject myself to that. So I thought it would be best for me to just end it right then and there.

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #13)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:57 PM

17. ........

Hope it works out.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:11 PM

26. I honestly think you're overreacting. This is a lifelong friend.

Just ignore the wives.

And realize it is possible to private message your friend. Not every word between you has to be on his public Facebook page.

Reply to this post

Response to pnwmom (Reply #26)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:13 PM

30. Maybe

but I don't want that headache. Because every time I talk to him, every thing I'm going to tell him will be monitored by his nosy wife and sister. I am not going to subject myself to that. I just can't.

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #30)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:14 PM

32. How would they monitor it if you private message him? n/t

Reply to this post

Response to pnwmom (Reply #32)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:40 PM

56. Depends

they may have access to his FB account. I know of a co-worker who's husband "monitors" hers, which I think is pretty damn sad that he does it and she allows it, but that is another story.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:22 PM

36. There was nothing else you could have done and I am sorry you had to lose a friend in the

process. Although it may hurt more, I will add that if I were in your friend's position, I would have blocked my spouse and sister's hateful posts. Well, in fact, I would leave a spouse who held beliefs that were that opposed to mine who felt that they must actively stay in my face about our differences of opinion, dissing my beliefs in the process and acting vile to my good friends. He must be very needy to stay in a relationship with a spouse who is so unkind to people who are his good friends. I would be telling my husband to butt out where he is not welcome if he were pissing on my friends and my beliefs like this. And if my dh could not adopt an attitude of live and let live, I probably would seriously consider moving on rather than being subjected to that pressure every day.

Fwiw, I am monitoring a friend/acquaintance who I worry is supporting Phil on this duck dynasty crap because of the religious gay bashing issue. I never saw this one coming and want to be sure of it first, but if the truth comes out that he is supporting not just the fake 1st amendment argument but in fact supports Phil's gay bashing, he will be in my rear view mirror. We have considered emailing him to explain that the 1st amendment applies only to government restrictions on free speech and that this instead is an example of the free market working as intended so quit with the freedom of speech pretense. But the more I see of the responses on his FB page, the less I want to interject our statement of fact into the middle of it as friends-who-are-lawyers. It feels like a mob thing and ugly...

I would miss the friendship that I thought we had, but it may turn out that it wasn't as understanding or open minded as I thought it was, so in realityl I will lose nothing. Just will realize that my expectations of who he was were not actuality. Which is still a sad thing.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:21 PM

42. It might convince your friend to educate those bigots.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 05:08 PM

59. I can see why you are upset, if the women called you names, you should be.

But why would you feel you are subject to their control if you simply continue your lifelong friendship with their husband and brother, in particular if that relationship was completely non-sexual as you stated in your OP. Another thing, END recounting anything about your sex related encounters and observations on Face-book and other public forums, I think that is a BAD IDEA, period, for ANYONE - Gay, Straight, Tree Person, Rock Person or Martian - it just leaves an electronic trail that idiots can use for nefarious purposes.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:51 PM

11. Did you really just use the phrase "control his wife" on DU?

Reply to this post

Response to Lizzie Poppet (Reply #11)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:56 PM

15. Yes I did....

did I use in way that makes you think I approve of the concept?

Reply to this post

Response to daleanime (Reply #15)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:57 PM

18. Just messing with you...

...as indicated by the "tongue out" smiley. I should probably have added something like "incoming shitstorm in 3...2...1..."

Reply to this post

Response to Lizzie Poppet (Reply #18)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:02 PM

23. Oops! Missed the smiley.

Have to admit was nervous.

Have a Good Holidays.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:15 PM

33. Ok maybe its the painkillers. I am in the hospital, just had surgery I am confused. What happened?

Reply to this post

Response to Katashi_itto (Reply #33)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:19 PM

35. Check the OP...

guy made a hard decision to cut communication with life long friend because of idiot wife and sister(quick summary).

Reply to this post

Response to daleanime (Reply #35)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:00 PM

52. Thamks..yeah I'm preety fuzzy summury helped

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:41 PM

2. That was a terrible way to be treated

Sad you had to unfriend your actual friend, but with a wife and sister that hateful there's nothing much you can do. If they could mind their own business and not mistreat you, that would be different.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:44 PM

4. "Get his family in line and set them straight"?????

I'm thinking something about this OP....

Reply to this post

Response to TransitJohn (Reply #4)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:46 PM

6. Why would I waste my time dealing with

two hate filled bigots who already have their minds made up about me? Please explain.

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #6)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:55 PM

14. Probably the only 'problem' I had with your post myself...

I'm truly sorry you were treated that way. Shit like that hurts.

OTOH, I can't go along with saying your friend needs to 'control' his wife and SIL's behavior. That's asking too much of anyone. Is there no way you could still friend him and unfriend the relatives?

I suppose that if he defends their actions, there's not much you can do, but to dismiss a lifelong friend for somebody else's actions could be considered unfair. Assuming your description of what transpired is accurate, I suspect your friend will need you soon, during his impending divorce. The way you said it is revealing. I would say that there is already some 'controlling' going on in your friend's marriage, and it ain't being done by him.

Best wishes to you, though. It's always hard when long term relationships end.

Reply to this post

Response to Wounded Bear (Reply #14)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:58 PM

19. Thank you

I have a great support system so I'm not going to stress losing him. If it's in the cards for us to reconnect some day, I'll give him a shot but until then I'm moving on.

Reply to this post

Response to Wounded Bear (Reply #14)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:24 PM

43. What they say on his page is his responsibility too.

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #6)

29. Why would you have to deal with them at all?

Just maintain your friendship in other contexts -- like in private messages. You don't ever have to have anything to do with the creepy wife and sister.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:46 PM

5. I've never unfriended a lifelong friend on Facebook

I don't Facebook. I run into people once a year. They pretend in those instances not to have their shit fucked up. If they slip up, we forget about it over the next year time and try again. Much easier that way.

Try not to try Facebook. The results are amazing.

Reply to this post

Response to NoOneMan (Reply #5)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:47 PM

7. Totally agree with you

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:47 PM

8. The wife and sister should mind their own damn business

and should have stayed out of the conversation with your friend. He might call you or write to you privately apologizing for their behavior. At least I hope that he does.

Reply to this post

Response to Beacool (Reply #8)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:48 PM

9. I hope so

I hope you are right

Reply to this post

Response to Beacool (Reply #8)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:28 PM

45. They must think their brother/husband is so weak he can't

Resist the gay mind waves.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:48 PM

10. your choice

Seems a little rash to me.

Reply to this post

Response to Egnever (Reply #10)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:56 PM

16. Not really

look at it from my view point for a second. I live down here in the south. This is bible belt country what's the main thing bible thumpers love to harp on when they want to justify their hatred towards gay people? You guessed it. So rather than try to move forward and continue remaining friends with him worrying if I'm going to say something I shouldn't. I remove all three of them. Problem solved. No more blood pressure no more worrying about what I have to type

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #16)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:30 PM

46. If I was the husband I'd see their actions as an insult.

They must not trust him.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:59 PM

20. R#6&K for, some lives take more courage to live than others & some friends have less than others nt

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:00 PM

21. If you ended it over that, probably wasn't a strong friendship to begin with

Thus.....meh.

Reply to this post

Response to joeglow3 (Reply #21)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:02 PM

22. That's your opinion and I appreciate you comments

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #22)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:05 PM

24. I can count on one hand the number of rock solid, life long friendships I have

Personally, I would have done much more to salvage the relationship. Maintain a friendship with the involvement of the other parties. If your friend refuses to allow that to happen, then I could happily walk away knowing I did all I could do. Based on what you posted, I fail to see how it would not be an option to cut out two instead of all three.

Reply to this post

Response to joeglow3 (Reply #24)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:08 PM

25. I wish I could Joe

but my experience lately with people down here in the south. They ALWAYS think you're going to hit on their man or steal their man away from them. That blows my mind away.

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #25)

31. Sins of the father

I hate to punish someone for the sins of others. That said, if the pain caused by the other two parties is too great, then one cannot begrudge you your decision for your own sanity. Best of luck to you and I hope it all works for the best.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:11 PM

27. You are holding your friend responsible for things others said?

I may have skimmed it, but if the notion is that he has veto power over things either his wife or sister say, then you may be expecting too much out of him in relation to his "control" of others.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:12 PM

28. we have a right to stand up for ourselves against bigots. he should have deleted those comments from

his wife/sis and explained the situation to them. he failed you. you didn't fail him.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:15 PM

34. Thanks

but in my heart I feel like I'm doing the right thing. I know some of you think I have over reacted. Maybe but even if I were to patch things up and resume things with him, the friendship and the trust we once had would not be the same. I can't subject myself to that. You either accept me for who I am or you get out of my life. I can't have any negative people around me. I hope you all understand.

Reply to this post

Response to Coolest Ranger (Reply #34)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:25 PM

38. i completely understand and my guess is that those questioning your motives

on this thread, never had these things happen to them

privilege is the ability to comment on things without knowing what these things actually feel like and the psychological damage they cause

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:24 PM

37. I dunno, my circle of friends don't share personal shit that riles up spouses on Facebook.

And we agreed to never hold each other accountable for our spouses.

Reply to this post

Response to aikoaiko (Reply #37)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 05:10 PM

60. I think putting personal stuff on Facebook or other public forums is a BAD, BAD idea. nt

Reply to this post

Response to bluestate10 (Reply #60)

Sat Dec 21, 2013, 12:58 PM

67. My thoughts exactly. nt

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:25 PM

39. Sorry for your loss.

Lifelong friends are rare.

I think I would have just unfriended and blocked his wife and sister. I think it's a shame that you let the two of them deprive you of a valuable friendship, but I guess we all have to do what we have to do.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:29 PM

40. I'm sure this is hurting your friend. As a wife, I can tell you, we're not easily controlled.

I really don't think it is fair of you to hold him responsible for something someone else does. No matter how closely related they are. Your friend obviously loves you, as you do him, and I'm sure he is very hurt, as well.

But it's not ( NOT ) a man's job to "control" his wife. In fact, it's his job NOT to try to control his wife. This is not taliban country. At least, not for democrats.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:20 PM

41. If the fellow was not able to talk to his family and...

... talk some sense into them, then it's best you did what you did. Personally, I think the women were jealous of you, or felt threatened. How fucked up is that? You don't deserve that treatment and should never allow it to happen. You're doing good: taking care of yourself, emotionally! Peace, brother.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:27 PM

44. SMH

The only person that needs to man–up is your friend, Grow a pair and tell his wife to chill……….IMO

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:39 PM

47. If the wives had to approve...

men would have no friends at all.

My wife and I have been married 42 years. We love each other dearly.

She thinks most of my friends are jerks and she thinks I'm a jerk when I'm with them.

That's why God created golf, fishing and sports bars.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:48 PM

48. My daughter did something similar a few months back

she broke up with her boyfriend because he could not handle that her best friend from childhood is a Lesbian - he started accusing her of cheating on him ect she broke off the relationship pronto

sorry about you and your friend though his wife sounds just a bit insecure and controlling, not to mention bigoted

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:48 PM

49. Over React Much?

Punishing a lifelong friend because of something his spouse did is absolutely disgusting. Seeking sympathy on DU for your behavior proves that you are very insecure. You really should seek counseling for your own good.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:49 PM

50. It looks like the wife and sister are very insecure.

I'm sad that you had to lose a friend over this, but you did what you felt you had to do. Good for you! If he is a true friend, he will find some way to get back into your life.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:57 PM

51. I can see dumping the wife and sister

but if the friend was cool with you, I can't see dumping him.

He has the misfortune to marry someone who is a bigot. This may not have been apparent until after they got married. None of us have ANY control on who we are related to, so the sister also isn't his fault.

"Unfriending" (I loath that word) him wasn't called for unless he encouraged or adopted their attitude.

Then again, this is why I am not on Facebook. I know I have friends and family with bigoted views, I don't need proof.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:04 PM

53. Few and far between are the friends who love us through thick and thin...

The question we face is not one of if we will face drama in our lives... that is an absolute given... the question is who will be with us through that drama.

I cannot tell you what to do... but I would never let someone else's stupidity come between me and a life-long friend.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:13 PM

54. I think you handled this entirely the wrong way.

You got all defensive and angry at the wifey. Then proceeded to enter into a tit-for-tat with that escalated into more anger and defensiveness. So where did that leave you? All upset and thinking that you've ended a lifelong friendship. Is that the outcome you wanted?

You should have recognized that wifey is an ignoramous, and her stupid comments were not about you, but about her and her own insecurities and hang-ups. You should have replied with a light-hearted kidding, such as "not to worry, hubby ain't my type." It was an opportunity to teach her that gay and straight men can have friendships that doesn't involve sex. Just like gay and straight people can work together, play sports together, be neighbors together, etc. In short, gay people are just regular people. No different than people of different races can live and work peaceably together.

I hope you give this a day or so to cool off. Then go right back to your friend's FB page and post something innocuous like a funny cartoon, cat/dog vdeo, restaurant review or some such. Just pick right back up with your friend like you've always done.

I hope that this is helpful. It's not easy to control anger, when it arises. Just remember that when idiots verbally attack you, it's not about you; it's about them. Compassion is seeing that they are acting out of their own fears and ignorance.

good luck and best wishes

Reply to this post

Response to vlyons (Reply #54)

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:42 PM

57. ^^^ Best response of this thread.

Very nicely put. You have the wisdom of King Solomon.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:38 PM

55. Your friend could use you, eh? Sounds like he may need the sanity.

I've learned when I'm upset to back off myself. Get some new scenery going and get back to the issue in a day or two.
Changes things. Made my life shitty loads better.

I'm still chuckling over the original post between you guys - why do women dress provocatively in church? Heh, that's a good one. Great thread right there.

My guess - a passive/aggressive sex shot?

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:57 PM

58. The sister and wife are idiots, but if you recounted everything that happened, you allowed

their stupidity to kick you into a gear that you didn't need to hit. When the wife and sister went off, you could have simply explained that you and your friend were friends since childhood and you have NO sexual interest in him, period - and left things at that. Let this cool down a little. If you friend attempts to get in touch with you, invite him, the wife and the sister for a sit down chat over coffee and snacks. Let them know how you felt, without being upset as you tell them. Listen to their explanation without interrupting. If they still sound like assholes, then tell them straight up that things were better as they were before the sit down happened and that sorry, you can no longer associate with them.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 05:20 PM

61. Am I understanding this....?

The wife of your lifelong friend thinks that you are suddenly going to steal him away? Is that right, or am I completely misreading this?

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 05:25 PM

62. It seems that this is your opportunity

to practice compassion as well. For both yourself and them. Let them go and allow yourself to heal from the grief of losing a lifelong friend. There is that saying, when one door closes, another opens. More friends who are truly friends will fill the void. And you are right, the possibility of conflict is definitely there and no one needs silly drama.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 05:28 PM

63. tl:dr for you all...

His life-long friendship ment a lot to him, but not enough for him to deal with two overly paranoid people.

Cutting out the two paranoids, good move. Cutting out your friend? Asshole move.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 05:37 PM

64. Why do men always think they can control other people?

He's got as much chance of controlling those two women as he has of changing the direction of the earth's rotation.

Unfriending him over his tacky wife and sister was wrong. Unfriend them, certainly, they are the ones making hurtful jokes. However, he's an innocent party in this.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 05:43 PM

65. "Un friend" seems like a dumb term to me

I don't do Facebook.
I have had some spats with friends (in real life, not on the tubes) and after a while, the spat goes away, and the friendship returns.
The internet can be weird.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 20, 2013, 08:22 PM

66. how did I know facebook would be involved?

*sigh*

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 21, 2013, 01:02 PM

68. Shouldn't he be in trouble with his wife for asking?

If she's pissed at you she's gotta be pissed he asked you.

Maybe someone asked this already since I admit I didn't read the whole thread.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 21, 2013, 01:23 PM

69. Um, let me get this straight...

You basically ended a lifelong friendship because he couldn't control his wimmen-folk?

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 21, 2013, 02:29 PM

70. Sounds to me like you hit a nerve with these women.

My radar strikes me that the sister is having a very secret affair and she is using you as a smoke screen to divert attention from herself while making herself appear as upstanding and upright in an area of life in which she can appear genuinely honest to even the best of truth readers. The wife might just be protecting her sister with or without knowledge of what is a possible affair that I suspect.

Sorry about the friendship. Despite advances, there does not seem to be a free and easy manner to talk about variant sexualities among other variant sexualities -- yet.

A persisting polite Christmas card might be acceptable for the time being.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread