HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » When we vote in the US, w...

Tue Oct 29, 2013, 06:56 PM

When we vote in the US, we choose between the Democratic Party and insanity, or a close cousin

"A Democracy/Republic requires a minimum of two viable parties/choices. Right now in the US, we only have one. We have a choice between the Democratic Party, and insanity, or at least a close cousin"

- Me during my conversation with Susan Eisenhower in our discussion about the modern Republican Party.

If you haven't heard this show, you should, the analysis of the modern GOP with Susan Eisenhower is attracting a LOT of interest!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lesersense/2013/10/27/susan-eisenhower-on-the-gop-and-panel-debate-on-obamacare-1

7 replies, 399 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply When we vote in the US, we choose between the Democratic Party and insanity, or a close cousin (Original post)
stevenleser Oct 2013 OP
Laelth Oct 2013 #1
gopiscrap Oct 2013 #2
stevenleser Oct 2013 #3
babylonsister Oct 2013 #4
stevenleser Oct 2013 #5
Scurrilous Oct 2013 #6
rhett o rick Oct 2013 #7

Response to stevenleser (Original post)

Tue Oct 29, 2013, 07:03 PM

1. k&r for exposure. n/t

-Laelth

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Oct 29, 2013, 07:05 PM

2. exactly

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 29, 2013, 07:17 PM

3. FYI all - We discuss her grandfathers statement about the Military Industrial Complex. nt

Reply to this post

Response to stevenleser (Reply #3)

Tue Oct 29, 2013, 08:24 PM

4. You need a transcriber and I'm available!

Seriously, a couple of paragraphs, bada bing!

You ARE the energizer bunny! I love all you do, Steve.

Reply to this post

Response to babylonsister (Reply #4)

Tue Oct 29, 2013, 08:28 PM

5. I'd be honored! Feel free!

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 29, 2013, 08:35 PM

6. That's about it in a nutshell.

K & R

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 29, 2013, 08:57 PM

7. Those that are rooting for the demise of the REpublican party arent doing us any favors.

We need two viable parties. The reason we dont have is the genius of the Powers To Be. By allowing or encouraging the REpublican Party to be taken over by the Clowns, the conservatives had to migrate into the Democratic Party, thus pulling the Democratic Party to the right and disenfranchising the left. This is exactly what The Powers To Be want. First choice is the Clowns of the Repub Party. But if that's not possible, they will settle for a Democratic Party run by Nixon Conservatives. The Powers To Be hate the left.

I see irony in the up coming Democratic Primary. Citizens United was based on an attack movie aimed at harming Ms. Clinton. But IMO TPTB would rather have Ms. Clinton than any candidate more progressive like Sen Sanders or Sen Warren. So it may turn out that the Citizen's United big money may help Ms. Clinton in 2016. Now I dont rule out a party change by Gov Christie. Now wouldnt that be fun.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread