HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Anyone know of this compa...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Oct 28, 2013, 10:56 PM

Anyone know of this company. They us solar and wind and somehow send you the

energy. (I have no idea how they do this but they can I'm all for getting wind or solar power)

If anyone has used this company or knows about them please tell!

https://www.pear-energy.com/?utm_source=CFAF&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=CFAF4K

2 replies, 436 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anyone know of this company. They us solar and wind and somehow send you the (Original post)
Maraya1969 Oct 2013 OP
BlueStreak Oct 2013 #1
NuclearDem Oct 2013 #2

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)

Mon Oct 28, 2013, 11:28 PM

1. It sounds like a broker

Basically you continue to be served by your utility. Nothing changes physically. They pay your utility bill and you pay them a HIGHER price, which they use to invest in renewable energy projects.

It seems like one of those "too clever by half" ideas. If you want to support renewable energy, just buy carbon credits from an established, credible, audited, trustworthy company and don't mess with your utility billing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)

Mon Oct 28, 2013, 11:41 PM

2. Well, it's got an A- from the BBB

So, at the very least, it's apparently legit.

What they do is not actually send you power, but just take the numbers from your electric bill and invest in an equal level of wind and solar energy elsewhere. So, essentially you pay them to offset your carbon footprint and invest in green energy infrastructure.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread