HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Fox News Allegedly Pushed...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Oct 21, 2013, 01:28 PM

Fox News Allegedly Pushed Back Criticism With Phony Commenters

Fox News Allegedly Pushed Back Criticism With Phony Commenters
From NPR reporter David Folkenflick's "Murdoch's World," as quoted by Media Matters:

On the blogs, the fight was particularly fierce. Fox PR staffers were expected to counter not just negative and even neutral blog postings but the anti-Fox comments beneath them. One former staffer recalled using twenty different aliases to post pro-Fox rants. Another had one hundred. Several employees had to acquire a cell phone thumb drive to provide a wireless broadband connection that could not be traced back to a Fox News or News Corp account. Another used an AOL dial-up connection, even in the age of widespread broadband access, on the rationale it would be harder to pinpoint its origins. Old laptops were distributed for these cyber operations. Even blogs with minor followings were reviewed to ensure no claim went unchecked.

We all pretty much knew this was happening. It is good to see this finally getting a little attention.

7 replies, 700 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Agnosticsherbet (Original post)

Mon Oct 21, 2013, 01:34 PM

1. I opened an account with FOX and posted a very concise and accurate retort. Account Canceled.

I exposed a couple of falsehoods with the narrative, with substantiating links.

Within minutes, my account was permanently suspended and the post deleted.

===

I guess, instead of trying to defend the indefensible... they found it easier to suppress the commenter.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Oct 21, 2013, 01:50 PM

2. Fox (R) is afflicted with typical Republicon Family "Values" & so lies and cheats all the time

Fox is an infected pustule on America's ass.

Reply to this post

Mon Oct 21, 2013, 02:14 PM

3. If true, why does not the FCC pull Fox's broadcasting licenses for not operating in the public

interest?

Reply to this post

Response to indepat (Reply #3)

Mon Oct 21, 2013, 02:21 PM

4. FCC does not regulate cable television

Reply to this post

Response to Brother Buzz (Reply #4)

Mon Oct 21, 2013, 02:26 PM

5. Which, of course, is one of he big problems in our system.

Almost everyone here recognizes that FOX is a propaganda outfit than news, and yet is able to put on that newsly Mask every day. Any things is supposed to be news, whether ABC, CBS, FOX, MSNBC, or any other should be required to meet criteria of accuracy and, when broadcasting simply to advertise some political brand should be required to give equal time to the other side or have their license pulled.

Reply to this post

Response to Agnosticsherbet (Reply #5)

Mon Oct 21, 2013, 02:32 PM

7. Which, of course, is why we advocate the FCC reinstating the Fairness Doctrine

Reply to this post

Response to Brother Buzz (Reply #4)

Mon Oct 21, 2013, 02:27 PM

6. Too bad the government's hands are tied and thus cannot excise this festering, metastasizing

Fox cancer from our society.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread