HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Iranian man sentenced to ...

Thu Oct 17, 2013, 10:36 AM

Iranian man sentenced to hang again

An Iranian death-row prisoner who survived his hanging execution has been sentenced to hang again once his health has been restored, a judge has ordered.

The 37-year-old man, identified only "Alireza M", was executed on October 9 by a hanging at the Bonjord Prison after being sentenced to death for the possession of 1kg of amphetamines, Iranian.com reports.

Alireza M was "very scared when he was walking towards the gallows" where he then hanged by the neck for 12 minutes, the country’s state media reported.

Spokesperson for Iran Human Rights Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam has called on the international community to voice its outrage over the father having to meet his fate for a second time.

Full Article: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/10/17/13/21/iranian-man-sentenced-to-hang-again

Poor guy. I don't agree with the death penalty in the first place, I can't imagine the torture of this for he and his family going through this twice.

2 replies, 291 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Iranian man sentenced to hang again (Original post)
polly7 Oct 2013 OP
TwilightGardener Oct 2013 #1
DetlefK Oct 2013 #2

Response to polly7 (Original post)

Thu Oct 17, 2013, 10:40 AM

1. Now THAT'S incompetence. Poor guy, being restored to health so that he can

better appreciate his next hanging experience. That's pretty effed up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to polly7 (Original post)

Thu Oct 17, 2013, 11:05 AM

2. I read about an opposite case about ten years ago.

A man was sentenced to stoning. The sentence was to be carried out by collapsing a brick-wall over him. When they dug in the rubble, they found him alive. He was allowed to live.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread