HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This message was self-del...

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:17 AM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (Zorra) on Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:52 AM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

80 replies, 3736 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 80 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
Zorra Oct 2013 OP
sharp_stick Oct 2013 #1
Marrah_G Oct 2013 #2
Rstrstx Oct 2013 #73
irisblue Oct 2013 #3
Xyzse Oct 2013 #4
leftstreet Oct 2013 #12
Xyzse Oct 2013 #17
Zorra Oct 2013 #26
Dawgs Oct 2013 #5
annabanana Oct 2013 #6
sammytko Oct 2013 #19
Zorra Oct 2013 #63
hfojvt Oct 2013 #7
Zorra Oct 2013 #31
Rstrstx Oct 2013 #74
hfojvt Oct 2013 #78
bunnies Oct 2013 #8
Zorra Oct 2013 #36
bunnies Oct 2013 #39
Zorra Oct 2013 #49
Rstrstx Oct 2013 #76
grantcart Oct 2013 #9
Zorra Oct 2013 #48
grantcart Oct 2013 #69
brooklynite Oct 2013 #10
Gormy Cuss Oct 2013 #20
Nuclear Unicorn Oct 2013 #44
Zorra Oct 2013 #50
Erose999 Oct 2013 #11
sendero Oct 2013 #13
Myrina Oct 2013 #14
City Lights Oct 2013 #15
NightWatcher Oct 2013 #16
Tuesday Afternoon Oct 2013 #18
cthulu2016 Oct 2013 #21
Phentex Oct 2013 #22
lostincalifornia Oct 2013 #29
Pretzel_Warrior Oct 2013 #23
Silver Swan Oct 2013 #24
sammytko Oct 2013 #25
jberryhill Oct 2013 #27
taught_me_patience Oct 2013 #28
jeff47 Oct 2013 #30
Zorra Oct 2013 #33
jeff47 Oct 2013 #34
Zorra Oct 2013 #61
jeff47 Oct 2013 #75
Fawke Em Oct 2013 #37
Dreamer Tatum Oct 2013 #41
Zorra Oct 2013 #64
Dreamer Tatum Oct 2013 #68
Zorra Oct 2013 #77
KT2000 Oct 2013 #32
Zorra Oct 2013 #35
Fawke Em Oct 2013 #40
KoKo Oct 2013 #53
Zorra Oct 2013 #56
KoKo Oct 2013 #65
Zorra Oct 2013 #67
leftyohiolib Oct 2013 #38
bunnies Oct 2013 #42
tkmorris Oct 2013 #47
Mosby Oct 2013 #43
leftyohiolib Oct 2013 #45
Zorra Oct 2013 #51
Fumesucker Oct 2013 #58
Zorra Oct 2013 #62
ProSense Oct 2013 #46
Fumesucker Oct 2013 #52
ProSense Oct 2013 #54
Fumesucker Oct 2013 #57
ProSense Oct 2013 #60
Fumesucker Oct 2013 #66
Tarheel_Dem Oct 2013 #55
Jeff In Milwaukee Oct 2013 #59
ecstatic Oct 2013 #70
Zorra Oct 2013 #71
Fumesucker Oct 2013 #72
jwirr Oct 2013 #79
Zorra Oct 2013 #80

Response to Zorra (Original post)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:20 AM

1. meh n/t

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:21 AM

2. All they ask you is the code from the aca and the last 4 of your social

Takes two minutes.

It was worth it for me to get healthcare.

Response to Marrah_G (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:19 PM

73. There is NO code if you get the error she's getting if you've submitted documents

to prove your identity. If you choose the option to upload documents proving your identity you get lost in some time warp, they can't acknowledge that they've received your documents, the status of it, or any idea of how long it'll take (I submitted one on Saturday). Oh, and you can't go back and try again to get an ACA code, won't work. So you're basically screwed, you just have to "trust" whoever (Experian, the government????) that what you submitted is acceptable, they keep you totally effing clueless

Oh and more thing, the website isn't currently working correctly

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:22 AM

3. this stinks

I hope you can resolve this very soon.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:25 AM

4. I hate frickin Experian and all these supposed credit score providers

They don't even give you clear answers about your credit report a lot of the time.

Sadly, they were able to make themselves an integral part of the financial system since they are one of the three who provides credit rating for people, even if many times they are riddled with mistakes.

Response to Xyzse (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:52 AM

12. Experian got a $78 million contract with the ACA

14 March 2012

Experian and Symantecís two-factor credentialing solution selected by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Experian and Symantec continue to gain traction in the public sector

Costa Mesa, Calif. and Mountain View, Calif. Ė Experianģ and Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced that the two-factor credentialing solution jointly developed by the companies was selected by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to provide Enterprise Remote Identity Proofing (ERIP) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Credential Services in support of the Affordable Health Care Act (ACA). The Experian and Symantec solution will play a critical role in a $78 million contract that was awarded to Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) providing CMS with an offering that helps them solve key challenges that arise in serving the nationís large uninsured population.

The Experian and Symantec solution combines Experianís identity proofing capabilities with the strong authentication capabilities of Symantecís Validation and ID Protection (VIP) Service to deliver secure online identity credentials. It will minimize the risk of fraud by providing more than 35 million U.S. citizens with secure online access to the State and Federal Health Insurance Exchange, while complying with electronic authentication guidelines in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication SP 800-63-1 and achieving Level 3 Assurance.

http://www.experianplc.com/news/company-news/2012/14-03-2012.aspx

You'd think they could get their shit together

Response to leftstreet (Reply #12)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:00 AM

17. I am complaining about Experian

They are the Diebold of Credit Reports.

Response to Xyzse (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:48 AM

26. I'm now pretty sure the NSA is feeding the financial system and these credit agencies

the information that they harvest from our communications.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:33 AM

5. Oh Jesus. You're one of those people.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:35 AM

6. My social is still in my maiden name, for some reason . .

My driver's license is my maiden & married names, hyphenated. My bank account has all four of my names in a row, no hyphen

It would be very easy to trip the "three times and you're out" software lockout.

Response to annabanana (Reply #6)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:03 AM

19. Did you apply for a new card? I had to go in person, so I vowed to never change my name again

no matter how many times I got married!!!!

Response to sammytko (Reply #19)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:25 PM

63. Yes, a long time ago. I've been me before that, and since.

I just look quite a bit older now.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:41 AM

7. Who are you, again?

Oh yeah, the guy who doesn't want to waste his/her time making a free phone call, but somehow managed to find time to write this OP.

Response to hfojvt (Reply #7)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:01 PM

31. It's my time. Maybe your time isn't worth squat, but mine is precious.

I have tried to log into this system over thirty times, made probably seven phone calls.

I chose to write this OP. I didn't get coerced into by a bunch of fucking greedy ass suits.

Your post illustrates everything that is wrong with America today, and particularly what is wrong with conservatives. People being subjected to, accepting, and obeying rule by wealthy private interests without question.

Carry on.

Response to Zorra (Reply #31)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:21 PM

74. Agreed

I've spent many hours trying to get this set up and have made many calls, the latest of which have been useless

Response to Zorra (Reply #31)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:43 PM

78. everything that is wrong with America, eh?

Wow, what an amazing post.

And your time is precious, so precious that you waste it ranting and railing about how the world is not perfect enough for you.

Of course, I am the guy who got so frustrated with an ipod that was given to me, that I took it back, rather than register it online. And I just deleted some free Family History software because I could not get the stupid thing to work without opening a browser window.

But the problems you face are systemic and not caused by "wealthy private interests".

I volunteered about ten hours of my time at the Speedway this weekend, to raise money for charities. The Speedway shows the problems involved in a mass event. Trying to serve all the potential customers is not an easy problem. And the roads are simply not designed to handle that much traffic, so leaving involves a lot of waiting in line. None of our systems are designed to handle everybody at once.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:42 AM

8. Is this a serious post?

A phone call is too much to ask of you? Really?

I had to call Discover the other day to activate my new card. I wonder how your score is so high when youre unwilling to verify your identity. I mean... why the fuck should I have had to spend 2 minutes on the phone to activate my card? I already told them who I was!

Response to bunnies (Reply #8)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:15 PM

36. As serious as a heart attack. I don't believe in using credit cards.

Think again, a little more deeply this time.

Response to Zorra (Reply #36)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:19 PM

39. Oh I see.

Youve never had to verify your identity for anything. Or gawd forbid, make a phone call.

Response to bunnies (Reply #39)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:50 PM

49. No, you really don't see. nt

Response to bunnies (Reply #8)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:25 PM

76. Serious as a stroke

If you've chosen to upload documents to prove your identity you're stuck in a twilight zone, there's no way to get a reference number to give to Experian, you call them and they tell you they can't do anything without a reference number. They tell you to call healthcare.gov, with whom I had just gotten off the phone with (who told me to call - you guessed it - Experian). I'm great it's going well for some people but for many of us it's been a big headache

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:47 AM

9. Your paranoia is likely going to cost you a lot of money.

The main reason that they are trying to verify your identity is to make sure that they have the right person so that they can calculate the subsidy.

We had the same issue (my wife has a typo on her green card) and the issue was settled in 20 seconds and 2 minutes later we got a $ 3600 subsidy.

You don't understand the system, they are verifying identity so that they can make instant decisions on subsidies.

Response to grantcart (Reply #9)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:45 PM

48. Yeh, I'm paranoid, thanks for that.

It's not paranoia. I do understand the system. I understand it all too well. It's the principle here. I'm quite sure I can get a gold or platinum policy if I choose to.

I elect the government, not wealthy private interests. It is the governments job to verify my identity. The IRS could do it easily. The Social Security Administration could do it easily.

You are missing the point. I have no problem dealing with government agencies.

I don't want government agencies forcing me to communicate with, or engage with, wealthy private interests.

I'm a liberal, and I am sick of privatization, and I'm pissed. I should not be forced by a government program into using private agencies whose services I do not need or want. If I should decide on a policy on the exchange, then I am choosing to engage with a private business entity, and I have a choice to divulge my information or not at that time.

And credit reporting agencies should be outlawed, IMO.

I am still a big fan of the ACA, But this is wrong. I should not have to be forced to submit and bow to a fucking private credit agency just that I despise so they can verify who I am.

Response to Zorra (Reply #48)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:41 PM

69. Your completely irrational on the point

You have a deep seated hatred of credit reporting agencies:

And credit reporting agencies should be outlawed, IMO.

These identity consults with Experian:

a) have absolutely nothing to do with credit checks whatsoever.

b) only occur when the various data bases that are available to the government show ambiguity.

We know why in our case. The federal government, namely CIS, added the letter t into her name on her green card. It is going to cost us $ 450 to get it fixed. When this was explained on the chat they referred it to Experian who then confirmed that the government had made the typo and that there was 10 years of records with the right name.

c) in order to give an instant response on the subsidy they need to have some service that can give instant real time responses by a human reading data that can manage a decision when data bases don't match.
There are no government agencies that have that kind of manpower available to provide that kind of service, and if they did they would be shut down right now. Social security offices are running like mad men every minute they are there and cannot handle the phone calls they now get.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:47 AM

10. I think you're missing the point...

...you're doing an online transaction involving potentially thousands of dollars in obligated payments. The goal of the Experian check is, in fact to prove that you're you...and not me pretending to be you. All they're doing is having you confirm data that they have and you would know but I wouldn't.

But, if you'd like to vent some more, please continue.

Response to brooklynite (Reply #10)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:10 AM

20. I think you're missing the point. The OP has no confidence in Experian

and is being forced to deal with them because of the way the identity check is set up.

I predict that there will be many similar complaints in coming months because many people dislike and distrust credit bureaus.

Response to Gormy Cuss (Reply #20)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:34 PM

44. I would imagine people hurt during the meltdown would be all the more leery

Maybe it's true Experian is only checking ID but the family crawling out from a bankruptcy/foreclosure won't necessarily know that and may be spooked away.

Kinda sad when you think about it.

Response to Gormy Cuss (Reply #20)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:54 PM

50. Gosh, GC, are you a rocket scientist? Amazing that someone could actually think that through

and figure it out.

I guess so many people are so used to being controlled by corporations that they can't even fathom in the slightest what I am talking about

Thank you. May I recommend you to Mensa?

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:48 AM

11. The credit reporting agencies are all fucking crooks. I had the same shit happen to me when I

applied for a loan and the bank manager ran my credit. Over several months I got charges for a service I didn't sign up for.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:53 AM

13. Wow dude..

.... I see a problem here and it isn't necessarily Experian. Get a grip.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:54 AM

14. LMAO be glad you made it that far!

I'm still waiting, after a week, to have any account validated.

Every time I get the validation email and click the link (sometimes 24 hours AFTER I request it), and answer the challege questions, I get an error message that says my account doesn't exist and I answered the questions wrong. Well, how do they know I answered the questions wrong if my account - that they just sent a validation email for - doesn't exist?

And this is the 3rd email/username I've tried to set up. None of them will let me in, but if I try to 'set up new account' using that same email and/or username, I get ANOTHER error saying "an account with that ( ) already exists."

It is a fucking mess.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:56 AM

15. My identity couldn't be verified either.

And when I called Experion as the ACA website told me to do, they had no idea what I was talking about. No information had been sent to them from the ACA. I decided to wait to try again until things settle down.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 10:58 AM

16. This isn't like buying a book from Amazon.com

That this process is a little more complicated and takes a while longer than buying a book online is no reason to damn the whole thing.

First, on Day One there were anywhere from 3-5 million people trying to log on to sign up for insurance before lunch.

I'm sure that along with the high traffic, some rw'ers were attacking the site so that it wouldn't work and they could then wag their finger.

"But they had 3 years to get ready" Up until the day it rolled out there was a threat from Congress to shutdown, repeal, de-fund, destroy....

This process is a complicated one, patience is required. This isn't going to be as easy as buying something from Amazon using One Click checkout.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:03 AM

18. Why did you authorize them to withdraw from your account in the first place? Secondly,

I would close out THAT account with the bank and open a new one, either with that bank or another.

But, dude, IF you gave Experion authorization to withdraw out of your account then the bank had no recourse but to do as YOU asked.

As for the rest of your screed ... you have already been given some good advice above.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:17 AM

21. LOL. "It's not my job to verify my identity"

Good luck with that.

Response to cthulu2016 (Reply #21)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:20 AM

22. That line stood out to me too.

meanwhile the GOP screams about voter fraud.

Response to cthulu2016 (Reply #21)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:20 AM

23. Lol

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:41 AM

24. I don't think Experian has enough information

in their data base to verify identity.

The last time I requested my credit report (free at annualcreditreport.com) Experian asked me some very strange questions to which I answered "none of the above." They then said I needed to call to verify my identity.

I was a little worried about identity theft until I checked my last report from Experian and noted that they had very little information about me. I never called them.

Response to Silver Swan (Reply #24)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:45 AM

25. Aren't the questions such as "did you ever live at ...."

they will list some that do not pertain to you in the mix. Another one is "did you finance a vehicle through GM..etc.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:51 AM

27. "So I'm going to talk to an attorney"

About what?

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 11:54 AM

28. You want expensive? Try talking to an attorney

Those bills rack up real fast. Why don't you just call that toll free number and speak to someone? It'll probably get resolved real quick.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:01 PM

30. That $16.99 is from you signing up for their credit monitoring service when

you found out you have that "over 800" score. To avoid it, you have to actually read the web page and un-check a box.

But you're so careful about these things, I'm sure you knew that.

Response to jeff47 (Reply #30)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:04 PM

33. No it's not. Don't assume shit about me. I never signed up for a credit monitiring service.

My credit union informed me that my credit score was over 800.

Response to Zorra (Reply #33)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:08 PM

34. Yes, actually it is.

Because that's what they charge for it. And they deliberately make it hard to realize you are signing up for it.

Response to jeff47 (Reply #34)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:16 PM

61. Oh. cripes. I'm glad I don't know everything about what occurs in other peoples lives.

You don't know jack shit about this situation in my case.

I have a credit score of over 800, with almost never using any credit in my entire life, for a reason.

It's because I always know exactly what I am doing with my hard earned money.

Response to Zorra (Reply #61)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:22 PM

75. Actually, I know plenty about your case. Because you posted about it.

You gave them your credit card number. Because that's how they charged you the fee. Did it ever occur to you to wonder why they needed a credit card number? Did it occur to you to very carefully read over the page where they requested the credit card information so that you were not agreeing to be charged in the future?

It's because I always know exactly what I am doing with my hard earned money.

Which is why you've been charged $16.99 twice and don't know why.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:16 PM

37. I agree with the other poster - that was the standard charge.

You may not have believed you signed up for one, but you did - or one of your credit cards did...

http://danbeahm.blogspot.com/2012/02/fraud-alert-experian-charging-peoples.html

Experian is highly credible. I know because the small company I work for does their IT security and risk assessments AT THEIR REQUEST.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:21 PM

41. At some point you failed to say you didn't the service.

That is a simple fact, regardless of your poor attitude.

Response to Dreamer Tatum (Reply #41)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:33 PM

64. My mistake. The Bankster gods never try to deliberately rip people off. Forgive my heresy,

oh omniscient one.

Response to Zorra (Reply #64)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:40 PM

68. It has nothing to do with banksters. It has more to do with you not paying attention.

At some point you gave them a way to access your money and failed to tell them you didn't want them
taking it.

Just deal with it and fix it. Yes, they have nefarious means. What do you want, a cookie?

Response to Dreamer Tatum (Reply #68)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:26 PM

77. You don't seem be capable of comprehending something here.

This popped up on my bank statement out of the blue 2 years ago. I called the bank, they gave me my money back. I asked them to prosecute Experian for identity theft. They did not. Later, the charge popped up on my bank statement again. I called the bank, and they gave me my money back. I asked them to prosecute Experian for identity theft. They did not. I asked for explanations. I got no responses. I did not pursue it any farther, because I do not want private profit interests taking up my precious time with their greed motivated nefarious bullshit.

I haven't signed anything with this bank in 7 years, other than deposit slips, and an agreement for a safety deposit box 5 years ago. I don't use credit cards. I don't buy anything on credit. Ever.

I know that this is hard for you to comprehend. I simply don't live the Average Consumer American life, and I never have.

What do I want? No, i don't want a cookie. Corporations send me lots of those over the internet, cookies I did not not ask for, and don't want.

What I want is for pompous assholes who think they know everything to stop spewing their ignorant, arrogant, condescending bullshit regarding my affairs, about which they know absolutely nothing.

Just deal with it and fix it.

have a nice day

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:02 PM

32. had a problem with them

I was being charged for the reporting service when I never signed up for it. Called them and it sounded like a really mickey mouse operation - wouldn't let me speak to the supervisor, etc. I then asked for the full names of the supervisor, their mailing address etc. for my complaint to the state attorney general's office. All charges were removed.

As far as identifying you, I think those are protections for you.

Response to KT2000 (Reply #32)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:11 PM

35. I pay the government to protect me. I want the government to protect me. I do not want wealthy

interests knowing anything about me. I do not want to talk to them. I should not be forced to talk to them.

Ever.

Period.

Fuck all this this privatization crap.

Response to Zorra (Reply #35)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:20 PM

40. While I disagree with your complaints about Experian,

I do understand your distaste of privatization and I agree with it. Unfortunately, single-payer is not the system we currently have.

However, please rest assured that the problem is not with Experian, most likely. It's probably either a credit card issue (someone not doing their job) or you might want to check to see if you've been phished/exposed/frauded and call your state's attorney.

Response to Fawke Em (Reply #40)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:00 PM

53. EXPERION has had Problems...Here:

Your work experience with the company may be a good one...but, there have been problems with them and other credit reporting agencies:

-----------
Credit Bureaus Stand Btween Americans and New Health Care Exchanges

But Experianís telephone operators, just like those who work at Equifax or Trans Union, donít have a great reputation with consumers. Complaints from those rejected by AnnualCreditReport.com are plentiful. Earlier this year, the Federal Trade Commission issued a report saying as many as 42 million Americans had an error in their credit reports. Back in 2000, after a federal law required the bureaus to make it easier to call and get errors fixed, a crush of telephone busy signals and accusations of inadequate staffing led to the three bureaus paying a $2.5 million settlement to the FTC. Experian paid $1 million and agreed to increase call center efficiency. And in July, a jury awarded an Oregon consumer $18 million for getting the run-around from Equifax.

http://bobsullivan.net/privacy/credit-bureaus-stand-between-americans-and-new-health-care-exchanges-can-they-answer-the-calls/

Response to KoKo (Reply #53)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:06 PM

56. Thank you, KoKo. I detest being forced to deal with people who have a proven lack of

honesty and integrity, especially after they deliberately tried to rip me off twice.

Response to Zorra (Reply #56)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:34 PM

65. Zorra...You need to see this, too:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023815117

Look for post #10.

But, before you check it out try to go take a walk...or prepare a stiff drink...if you drink. You're going to need it...

Response to Fawke Em (Reply #40)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:37 PM

67. No, if I verify my identity like a good little girl, I'm sure they'll approve me in a heartbeat. nt

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:18 PM

38. I have a fucking FBI fingerprint clearance card. is that different than a regular FBI fingerprint

card?

Response to leftyohiolib (Reply #38)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:23 PM

42. Its a fingerprint card with benefits.

Its actually shaped like a finger.

Response to bunnies (Reply #42)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:44 PM

47. I LOLed

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:30 PM

43. I have never heard of an FBI fingerprint clearance card

what are they good for?

I have a level one fingerprint clearance card issued by the DPS in AZ and along with local background checks your prints get checked through NCIC.

Response to Mosby (Reply #43)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:34 PM

45. maybe you have to ask for a 'fucking' FBI fingerprint card

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:56 PM

51. It means I have been cleared with an FBI background check to work in certain fields.

This country really needs to start putting a whole lot more money into education. Fucking has many meanings.

Response to Zorra (Reply #51)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:08 PM

58. They were fucking with you

Poorly, I might add.

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #58)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:18 PM

62. Well, fuck that, ya know?

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 12:38 PM

46. Want to know how embarrassing this is?

It was rec'd by a troll who signed up today just to take a couple of hits at the ACA. http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=profile&uid=308491

Response to ProSense (Reply #46)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:00 PM

52. Disliking a company you have had bad exprience in the past with is embarassing?

There are many people who have been put through the wringer by the likes of Experian, they have a great deal of power over the individual and they are far too casual about how they wield that power.

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #52)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:03 PM

54. Yes,

"There are many people who have been put through the wringer by the likes of Experian, they have a great deal of power over the individual and they are far too casual about how they wield that power. "

...including me. I hate them. What's embarrassing is confusing hate for the company with the role being performed and your responsiblity:

"It's not my job to verify my identity. I know exactly who I am."

Response to ProSense (Reply #54)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:07 PM

57. Exprerian is the one getting paid to verify identities

It quite literally ~is~ their job to do so.

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #57)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:12 PM

60. Are you

"It quite literally ~is~ their job to do so."

...suggesting they can do this without your input or cooperation?

I mean, pick up the damn phone.

Response to ProSense (Reply #60)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:37 PM

66. Some people use DU to vent about things, it's part of feeling like a community

Experian already had the OP's input and cooperation on the website from what I gathered.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:06 PM

55. Aw Jeez!

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:12 PM

59. Are you having a stroke?

This is weirdest post I've seen on the sign-up process.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 01:55 PM

70. Experian is always my lowest score, so I'm not too fond of them... But really?

It's a good that you're cautious about who you give personal information to.

I avoid giving my info out and challenge businesses that ask for it... But there are at least four unavoidable organizations in your life that you have no choice but to give that info to: the US government (IRS, SS, FAFSA, etc.), your employer, your doctors, and your insurer. And if you choose to install utilities, buy a home and/or cars, you'll have to provide that info to even more companies.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:00 PM

71. This thread makes me really sad for the future. I feel really sorry for my grandchildren.

And the saddest thing is, so many of the posters on this thread have no idea whatsoever about what I am referring to.

BTW, I support the ACA, despite it's many flaws, it's going to help a lot of people. This OP was not meant as a cut on the ACA, but only on the government forcing me to grovel for acceptance from known crooks, crooks that I despise, in order to get my insurance from a government mandated program.

Response to Zorra (Reply #71)

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:07 PM

72. I just saw your ACA resource guide OP

Pretty ironic, all things considered.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:49 PM

79. There is not one single government program that you do not have the verify who you are. Those of us

who have been on any kind of assistance from energy assistance to social security can attest to that. Sometimes you have to do it over again because you moved to another county or another state. If you last sentence is correct then many of us have never been in a democracy.

Wed Oct 9, 2013, 02:51 PM

80. I'm deleting this OP because too many people simply can't seem to comprehend the point. nt