HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "An Astounding Amoun...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Sep 14, 2013, 12:26 PM

"An Astounding Amount of Money" - The Price of Failure: Ex-CEOs Still Living Large

http://finance.yahoo.com/photos/the-price-of-failure-ex-wall-street-ceos-still-living-large-slideshow

The Price of Failure: Ex-Wall Street CEOs Still Living Large

Five years after Lehman Brothers' bankruptcy plunged the global economy into chaos, over 11 million Americans remain unemployed — including nearly all Wall Street CEOs at the center of the crisis. But none of the executives have faced any criminal charges nor appear to be suffering for their contributions to the worst recession since the Great Depression. Quite the contrary.

The former CEOs of Wall Street’s biggest firms circa 2008 are “living in quiet luxury,” according to a report this week by The Center for Public Integrity. The 5 former CEOs examined by the Center – Dick Fuld (Lehman Brothers) Jimmy Cayne (Bear Stearns), Stanley O’Neal (Merrill Lynch), Chuck Prince (Citigroup) and Ken Lewis (Bank of America) -- took home nearly $1.5 billion in total compensation from 2000 to 2008.

It’s an astounding amount of money, especially given their collective incompetence and mismanagement, for which we’re all still paying.

By Aaron Task

1. Richard Fuld
Former CEO Lehman Brothers

*Compensation at Lehman
(2000-2007):
$529 Million

Real Estate:
9-bedroom mansion in Greenwich, Conn.
(Est. value: $8M)
40-plus-acre ranch in Sun Valley, Idaho
5-bedroom home in Jupiter Island, Fla.
(Est. value: $10.6M)
Park Avenue apartment,
NYC: Sold for $25.87M (2009)

Current Employment:
Matrix Advisors
(clients include AT&T, GlyEco, Ecologic Transportation)

Source: Center for Public Integrity, SEC Filings
more

THE REST AT LINK

2 replies, 533 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply "An Astounding Amount of Money" - The Price of Failure: Ex-CEOs Still Living Large (Original post)
Hissyspit Sep 2013 OP
gopiscrap Sep 2013 #1
Hissyspit Sep 2013 #2

Response to Hissyspit (Original post)

Sat Sep 14, 2013, 12:34 PM

1. I have said this for awhile and I am sure I will get a lot of shit for it but

I strongly feel we need a national salary cap

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hissyspit (Original post)

Sat Sep 14, 2013, 05:03 PM

2. Kick nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread