HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rand Paul isn't just a nu...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 02:34 AM

Rand Paul isn't just a nut...he is AWESOME

I SO hope he runs for president as an independent.

He will split the batshit crazy side of the right from the POS rich side of the right and cause a civil war among the dumnasses.

That fuck could be our chance to elect someone like Elizabeth Warren or Grayson and get a true liberal who stands with us and against those fucks.

I think the best thing we at DU could do is to sing the praises of Paul long and loud on the net to get these fuckers fighting themselves.We could shackle the libertarian fucks to him and the batshit crazy wing to whoever the repukes pick and waltz a true progressive into the WH

16 replies, 1146 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to backwoodsbob (Original post)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 02:42 AM

1. I doubt Warren would run in 2016

Elizabeth Warren has absolutely NO foreign policy background or experience.

Warren is great on financial issues - but come on folks let's get serious here.

Full BIO: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_warren

Warren Committee Assignments: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_warren#Committee_assignments

And btw, looking at the committees she is on it looks like she is NOT loading up her resume` for future 2016 run.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #1)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 02:44 AM

3. Yeah Warren is a hope but not realistic...but the point remains

we should split the repukes between Paul and whoever they anoint and have at them

Reply to this post

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #1)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 12:46 PM

15. No one knows how to be President until your president.

Reply to this post

Response to JRLeft (Reply #15)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 07:15 PM

16. That's true, BUT when running for president a person has to have some...

... foreign policy knowledge/background/experience under their belt. And to me it looks like Warren is not setting her self up for a run in 2016.

Compare Senator Warren's committees: Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, Special Committee on Aging
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_warren#Committee_assignments

To those of Obama's when he was a U.S. Senator...

Senator Obama's committees

Obama held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works and Veterans' Affairs through December 2006. In January 2007, he left the Environment and Public Works committee and took additional assignments with Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. He also became Chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs. As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. He met with Mahmoud Abbas before Abbas became President of the Palestinian National Authority, and gave a speech at the University of Nairobi in which he condemned corruption within the Kenyan government.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama#Committees

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 02:43 AM

2. We don't need to lie and "praise" him.

I thank him for voting against the proposed war, but other than that he deserves nothing but contempt and struggle against him. He is little better than a Nazi.

As to your point, I think that splitting the neocon/elite wing from the nationalist/traditionalist wing of the GOP would be a good thing. Their alliance makes no sense anyways. Splitting them apart will facilitate more open honest political exchange.

Reply to this post

Response to David__77 (Reply #2)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 03:12 AM

4. As would splitting progressives from New/center Dems

Personally, I like the idea of a four-party solution. A far right and a far left to dig in and demand no compromise on principled stands, with center left/right parties that do all their horse trading by leaning accordingly.

Reply to this post

Response to ArsSkeptica (Reply #4)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 03:24 AM

5. unfortunately the democratic party is run by right of center types. how do they fit in your scheme?

Reply to this post

Response to msongs (Reply #5)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 08:54 AM

6. Very poorly :)

I would hope that have a far left party cracking the whip at them would help drive defections to "correct" affiliations, but I don't think the idea is a cure all. There'd still be DINOs and RINOs and all manner of unholy alliances.

Reply to this post

Response to ArsSkeptica (Reply #4)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 09:01 AM

7. This would work if we went to a popular vote system with Instant Runoff Voting all around.

Last edited Thu Sep 5, 2013, 12:55 PM - Edit history (1)

I would support that.

Reply to this post

Response to stevenleser (Reply #7)

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 11:31 AM

13. That would be best.

I could see a few states implementing that. It would definitely create more room for more "radical" candidates, and that would be a good thing. This establishment is sick!

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 09:02 AM

8. "Civil War among the dumbasses !" Just brilliant ! Love it. nt

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 09:13 AM

9. At least he aint a warmonger

At least I know what Paul believes even if I disagree on most of it. No one knows what the fuck Obama believes, he takes both sides of every issue. He can bomb Syria and give a speech about how war is wrong and everyone smiles with glee.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 09:24 AM

10. If Paul runs, he'll run as a Republican.

He's not independent or libertarian, he's a Republican through and through. He's not going to break from the party.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 09:28 AM

11. No... I will, under no cicumstances, say anything to promote asshats like the pauls

Fuck 'em.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 09:35 AM

12. republicans won't let him go. Pauls are their ticket to a lot of votes, their 'look an anti-war R'

A warm body on their stage full of 'running for President' Rs.

Rs will give Paul supporters the same last second screwing they got the last time.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 5, 2013, 12:40 PM

14. The teabaggers and libertarians love Rand

They don't need any encouragement. I hope he runs. We'll crush him.

The crazy is strong with that one.

Bake

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread