HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Liberals not focusing on ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:34 AM

Liberals not focusing on the hijacking of our elections by GOP are obtuse

all this whining about our Democratic president is just so precious. Have you had your life negatively impacted even one iota by all the things you are raging about? No, you have not. Nor has virtually anyone else in this country.

Meanwhile, we have liberals giving aid and comfort to idealogical dead enders like Rand Paul who is in cahoots with the rest of his party to go ape shit on us citizens and refuse to fund Obamacare with their threat that they won't raise the debt ceiling and cause the first black president to miss paying his bills. Oh that will feed into their ugly regressive and racist storylines. They already revel in calling him the food stamp president.

Then, on top of all of that, it is clear with the Citizens United ruling clearing the way and new state laws restricting voting for poor and minorities, the GOP is ONCE AGAIN going to use every weapon at its disposal on the U.S. people to by brute force take the 2016 election and get back to shoveling money at light speed up to the 0.1% where it belongs and believe me there will be any number of foreign policy crises that will make it necessary to spend more hundreds of billions on foreign wars and occupations while killing the young people in our armed services.

Yeah, let's take our eye off of that (I don't see much energy AT ALL being put on this by the HateObama24/7 crew).

Let's focus on how weak Kerry looks as SOS and how evil Obama is because...well...because he didn't liquidate the banks and give us all a fat check.

79 replies, 3712 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 79 replies Author Time Post
Reply Liberals not focusing on the hijacking of our elections by GOP are obtuse (Original post)
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 OP
The Magistrate Aug 2013 #1
Gravitycollapse Aug 2013 #2
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #3
Gravitycollapse Aug 2013 #4
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #5
Gravitycollapse Aug 2013 #6
Ed Suspicious Aug 2013 #8
newfie11 Aug 2013 #11
Rex Aug 2013 #71
Cronus Protagonist Aug 2013 #10
DevonRex Aug 2013 #7
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #9
leftstreet Aug 2013 #12
Cryptoad Aug 2013 #14
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #23
CakeGrrl Aug 2013 #13
KharmaTrain Aug 2013 #15
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #24
go west young man Aug 2013 #16
Le Taz Hot Aug 2013 #17
Scuba Aug 2013 #19
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #26
cali Aug 2013 #18
quinnox Aug 2013 #20
mick063 Aug 2013 #21
Bluenorthwest Aug 2013 #22
burnodo Aug 2013 #25
Dustin DeWinde Aug 2013 #27
burnodo Aug 2013 #28
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #30
burnodo Aug 2013 #31
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #34
Dustin DeWinde Aug 2013 #79
ljm2002 Aug 2013 #44
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #46
ljm2002 Aug 2013 #54
David Krout Aug 2013 #29
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #32
Aerows Aug 2013 #33
Rex Aug 2013 #49
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #58
Aerows Aug 2013 #61
Rex Aug 2013 #65
Rex Aug 2013 #64
ljm2002 Aug 2013 #35
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #37
ljm2002 Aug 2013 #42
burnodo Aug 2013 #67
nadinbrzezinski Aug 2013 #75
Union Scribe Aug 2013 #41
Rex Aug 2013 #50
ljm2002 Aug 2013 #60
Rex Aug 2013 #66
spanone Aug 2013 #36
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #39
Jamaal510 Aug 2013 #38
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #43
Union Scribe Aug 2013 #40
G_j Aug 2013 #45
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #48
G_j Aug 2013 #62
TBF Aug 2013 #47
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #52
Rex Aug 2013 #55
TBF Aug 2013 #57
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #59
Rex Aug 2013 #63
G_j Aug 2013 #69
TBF Aug 2013 #68
NuclearDem Aug 2013 #51
Pretzel_Warrior Aug 2013 #56
Rex Aug 2013 #53
nadinbrzezinski Aug 2013 #70
Douglas Carpenter Aug 2013 #72
99Forever Aug 2013 #73
Douglas Carpenter Aug 2013 #74
muriel_volestrangler Aug 2013 #76
Cha Aug 2013 #77
bravenak Aug 2013 #78

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Original post)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:36 AM

1. True, Sir

On all counts.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:39 AM

2. I've waited 4 goddamn years for the preexisting condition part of ACA to go into effect...

You better fucking believe my life has been negatively impacted by that fact.

I'll focus on the issues at hand, not at shielding the Democratic party from its own stupidity and greed. You want me to step in line with the rest? No thanks.

Reply to this post

Response to Gravitycollapse (Reply #2)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:42 AM

3. you've been waiting a hell of a lot longer to not be denied due to preexisting conditions. note:

you at least have hope that it is coming because it is an actual fact that today kids cannot be denied on the basis of preexisting conditions. That wasn't possible just a few years ago.

So what you are is a self-centered impatient person who cannot see the forest for the trees if I'm reading you correctly.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #3)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:48 AM

4. I'm self-centered for wanting proper medical care? Have you no shame?

The premise of your OP is to argue that we don't suffer the negative consequences we complain about. I provide a very clear example demonstrating just the opposite and you call me selfish. So basically you've set a decent little trap for yourself and you're prepared to tell anyone that they are selfish if they prove something they complain about affects them.

Great. Real classy.

Reply to this post

Response to Gravitycollapse (Reply #4)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:59 AM

5. the premise of my OP was restricted to NSA spying that is the plague du jour.

you brought up the other point about all other matters under the sun including "health care reform isn't happening fast enough".

Yeah, it is self-centered for you to surface an issue primarily because of how you personally are affected.

You are proving my point. You won't admit that with Obama in the White House you at least have a fighting chance and the complaint is about timetable rather than "why don't we reform medical insurance"?

Meanwhile.....the forces who want to fuck you and the rest of us 6 ways to Sunday are marshalling in front of us ready to take us out, but you're upset because Obama's not moving fast enough for you. Yeah, he's only got 10 lobbyists and their paid spokespeople (congress) dragging on his shoulders, legs, and torso to drag him down before he gets to the goal line. Instead of running interference for him and helping him get it done, you're on his head with your hands around his neck screaming he's ineffective. Some help you are.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #5)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:07 AM

6. "Some help you are." - A lesser person would probably have snapped on you by now...

But I'm not interested in falling further into your trap.

"Yeah, it is self-centered for you to surface an issue primarily because of how you personally are affected."

The entire premise of your OP is to shame us for not being affected by the issues we complain about (you actually didn't even once mention the NSA scandal). I'm here to tell you you're wrong. Absolutely, undoubtedly wrong.

Again I say, I will not shield the Democratic party from it's stupidity and greed. If they want me lock step, they will need a real life utopia. Until then, they should get use to criticism because it seems to be one of the only true motivators in contemporary American politics. Shame them into doing what's right.

Reply to this post

Response to Gravitycollapse (Reply #6)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:18 AM

8. That guys a jerk. Don't let him get to you. Looks like you aren't.

Reply to this post

Response to Gravitycollapse (Reply #6)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:49 AM

11. You are 100% correct

And that guy has no idea what your going through. Sounds like a repug to
Me!

Reply to this post

Response to Gravitycollapse (Reply #4)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:21 PM

71. Yeah he said it.

Pure disruption.

Reply to this post

Response to Gravitycollapse (Reply #2)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:48 AM

10. Clearly, you're a Hippiecrat

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:18 AM

7. Funny how that works so WELL on DU, isn't it?

At this point, DU is actually doing more harm than good as far as electing Democrats and voting rights go. If anyone besides us reads the site anyway.

Reply to this post

Response to DevonRex (Reply #7)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:24 AM

9. I don't confine it to DU. Even out in the wide world, there are people willing to slime the prez

without seeing what makes it so difficult to get done what he would like to get done.

Closing Guantanamo is the classic one. He was forced by the GOP and the media outrage machine to back off of his attempts to locate these guys in max security prisons in the U.S. and have trials on U.S. soil. Or don't people remember? Nope, that would be WAY TOO FUCKING HARD.

Spoiled rich kids like Matt Damon crack me up too. Yeah, Matt. You got involved politically and didn't get a prince charming to sweep you off your feet to magic land.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 05:14 AM

12. No whining about DUers

Your post reeks of the very arrogance that's given 'liberals' their reputation with the rightwing pundits

Can we assume you're whining about DUers whining about the NSA? Awwww you poor baby.

How dare you suggest the ever encroaching police/security state has had no impact on working class people, who must piss in jars and submit to searches of everything from their credit reports to their body cavities in order to work and live in these United States.

Your screed is vile and embarrassing

Reply to this post

Response to leftstreet (Reply #12)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 06:23 AM

14. Not as embarrassing as

those who whine about the NSA and the FISA courts, all the while ignoring the fact that the Judges that control these court and warrants are appointed by the Party in Power whether they like it or not. Then if you believer there are no differences between the the judges appointed by the Democrats and the those appointed by the GOP , you become really embarrassing !

Reply to this post

Response to leftstreet (Reply #12)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 01:50 PM

23. I'm talking about all purity liberals. It is a broad comment

About how liberals typically shoot themselves in the foot and keep Dems out of power.

It may fit some DU'ers but the comment is general in nature.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 05:26 AM

13. It always works so well

And they'll wonder yet again how ANYONE could have voted the GOP back into the White House over Warren/Sanders, OMG!!!

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:37 AM

15. Misdirection Accomplish...

...seems anyone with a problem these days is happy to blame President Obama and gonna "show" us how evil he is and how he, and he alone, is responsible for every wrong. Either he didn't know about it and didn't act fast enough or knew about it and still did act fast enough. It's like he's a dictator that can clap his hands and everyone falls in place. It's all to draw attention away from where the real problems lie: in congress and on the state level.

It's a shame to see so few who REALLY understand how government works...the concept of separation of powers and how our system is still more bottom up than top down. Without having a legislature he can work with, little can or has been done about many of the gripes this President's critics harp about. Closing Gitmo? And the funds to pay for it come from where? Or cutting back on the surveillance state...it's the Congress that is in charge of oversight...purposely to keep an executive from abusing their power. Want to see why our country is so screwed up? Spend time looking at how this worthless congress and senate have made the entire government dysfunctional. Fact is this house has passed the least amount of legislation of any in recent memory and even less has gotten to the Senate. No budget...just ongoing obstructionism the critics of this President gladly use to bash him.

I'm all for investigating how pervassive the survellience state (public AND private) has gotten into our lives. Let's investigate how corporates can buy and sell your personal information without your consent and how three companies control your financial destinies based on accumulating all sorts of private data. I'm more concerned with that invasion of my privacy than Officer Mike wanting to know what I need to bring home from the Jewel.

Cheers...

Reply to this post

Response to KharmaTrain (Reply #15)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 01:53 PM

24. That is an excellent summary of the situationThanks

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:44 AM

17. Why yes, yes it has affected me.

It's called the Fourth Amendment and it's been effectively eliminated. First by a Republican pResident then by a "Democratic" president. The rest of your post is cheerleading and poutrage that all of us "left-libertarians" are not just completely enamored with the president and his party.

This thread is shit and I'm sick of this onesie "logic" bringing the discourse down to "yer either fer us or agin us." The world's more complicated than that. Try, just TRY, one time, to grasp that. If it's too complicated, admit that you don't understand it and we'll try to explain it to you (even though it's been explained THOUSANDS of times).

And for goddess sake, learn what the word "obtuse" means. You're misusing it.

Reply to this post

Response to Le Taz Hot (Reply #17)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:51 AM

19. +1

Reply to this post

Response to Le Taz Hot (Reply #17)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 01:56 PM

26. The world IS more complicated than you seem to think

Ledt-libertarians? Oh goodie. No wonder DU has devolved so appreciably since 2008. You constant anti-government whiners even have a name for yourselves.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:48 AM

18. what nonsense.

way to miss the point.

and how many ops have YOU done on the VRA and CU? I've done quite a few.

This is nothing but a lame DOPO. It has nothing to do with policy. It's not really about anything at all but "don't be mean to the President and his admin".

Try focusing on issues. This in not that. All I ever see you do is whine about how mean people here are to the President.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:58 AM

20. fortunately, we all don't have to adopt your priorities and can focus on what

we think is important. If you are so concerned over something, you can post OPs about it, rather than complaining and moaning about what others are paying attention to. At least that would be constructive, unlike this OP.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 09:18 AM

21. I'll forget the NSA briefly then.

What should I focus on?

The TPP, the Grand Bargain, or Larry Summers?

"Whine about the NSA"

Anyone that writes that has immediately lost credibility with me.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 09:31 AM

22. Another 'rant upon the sins and errors of others' post. Also known as Meta Style.

I like the SOP of GD and I don't miss Meta like the 'I must preach at the failed liberals' crowd misses it. They feel the loss daily.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 01:55 PM

25. Like Al Gore?

"We the CBC are outraged that so many blacks in Florida were disenfranchised"
Al Gore "Sit down and shut up"

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:09 PM

27. you are quite correct

The behavior of some who claim to be liberals can be quite perplexing till one recognizes that the fact is not all bigots are rightwingers. and while racial animus against the president is much much lower among dems than among teabaggers. it still exists.

That said, while there are still far too many folks who still subscribe to foolish bigoted ideas, their numbers are decreasing. the usa is moving in the right direction. moving slow as hell, but moving.

Reply to this post

Response to Dustin DeWinde (Reply #27)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:19 PM

28. are you saying that people who disagree with Obama are bigots?

isn't that against the rules?

Reply to this post

Response to burnodo (Reply #28)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:24 PM

30. I don't think that is what the person is saying

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #30)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:25 PM

31. RiF

It was pretty clearly implied that those that disagree with Obama are in fact racist

Reply to this post

Response to burnodo (Reply #31)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:29 PM

34. No. He was alluding to the part of my post where GOP

Purpisefully tries to portray Obama as the great gift giver to mythical "welfare queens" and would use the same negative stereotypes if the US defaulted on its debt.

Although it wasn't my point, I'm sure there are Democrats taken in by this stuff.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #34)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 07:38 PM

79. why respond to obvious trolls?

I wouldn't give such twits the time of day.
But I appreciate your defense of common sense and reason.
Not everyone who disagrees with the president is a bigot, but only a bigot would pretend that racism isn't a factor when assessing folks attitudes toward this president.

You and others who are able to look at reality for what it is understood my post.
Thanks for that. And don't let the baggers and trolls get to you, sane Americans outnumber their kind.

Reply to this post

Response to burnodo (Reply #28)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:18 PM

44. Yes.

and Yes.

Reply to this post

Response to ljm2002 (Reply #44)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:22 PM

46. Way to speak for the poster's intent with authority

You could be a fucked up FoxNews pundit with that kind of bravado and lack of information

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #46)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:29 PM

54. Har de har har har...

...you say this in defense of this tripe:

The behavior of some who claim to be liberals can be quite perplexing till one recognizes that the fact is not all bigots are rightwingers. and while racial animus against the president is much much lower among dems than among teabaggers. it still exists.

Now let me ask you: who, again, is speaking to others' intent, with "bravado and lack of information"? I am replying on the words posted. The information is right there. Who is that poster talking about? "some who claim to be liberals" Where does that poster get off implying bigoted intent?

Pffft.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:22 PM

29. Obama won twice, and some keep whining about fraud

Maybe the ones troubled by NSA spying are not the whiners.

Reply to this post

Response to David Krout (Reply #29)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:26 PM

32. Electoral politics is much different than state races and US congressional districts

That will be the first place these restrictive laws are felt.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:28 PM

33. Democrats not focusing

on the hijacking of our party by corporate interests are also obtuse.

Reply to this post

Response to Aerows (Reply #33)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:26 PM

49. You are generous to say this guy is a Dem.

All I've ever seen him do is disrupt.

Reply to this post

Response to Rex (Reply #49)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:32 PM

58. Nice projection

I've got bona fides. You just have a bunch of posts attacking Democrats.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #58)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:44 PM

61. Uh, you joined Dec 2012

Rex has been here since 2002. Bona Fides what now?

Reply to this post

Response to Aerows (Reply #61)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:53 PM

65. He got called out on his liberal bashing post

and can't take it now.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #58)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:53 PM

64. Attacking who? Oh you think your a Democrat?

How cute.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:35 PM

35. So you use your OP on this important topic...

...to spit on other DUers who don't agree with your position on NSA spying, questioning their motives and resorting to name calling, to wit:

"all this whining about our Democratic president is just so precious"

"the HateObama24/7 crew"

"because he didn't liquidate the banks and give us all a fat check"

Nice.

Of course, it's bound to be an effective method of garnering support for your position on the voting rights issue.

Reply to this post

Response to ljm2002 (Reply #35)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:49 PM

37. This is my comment about purity liberals in general

If my characterization of liberals at large describes some DU'ers so be it.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #37)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:09 PM

42. I must congratulate you...

...on your response:

This is my comment about purity liberals in general

Really. It illustrates so perfectly the snide attitudes around here against people who object to the blatant expansion of the surveillance state.

In any case, again I will point out that your chosen method of discourse does nothing to promote support for the position you are supposedly trying to promote. Which is a shame, really, since it is an important topic.

BTW: Who are the "purity liberals" around here again? Seems to me the label is more accurately applied to those who insist on toeing the party line, no matter what.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #37)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:01 PM

67. "Purity liberals"

"Firebaggers", "angry Left", "purists", "Far Left", "black Helicopter Left", "professional Left", "left Fringe", anarchists, "hysterical Left", ponies...

Man, I have GOT to update my resumè!!

Reply to this post

Response to burnodo (Reply #67)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:30 PM

75. There are words that I cannot post that some members

Have used...but that in private they also apply to those who are independent thinkers. Suffice it to say, they have hit button and continue to dig.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:58 PM

41. Yeah I guess we aren't supposed to think about the banks either.

Perhaps the OP will give us a list of approved topics. And whom to blame for them, since Obama is perfect.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:27 PM

50. Don't party purists make you sick to your stomach?

That is if the OP is actually authentic. Which I doubt. More shit stirring imo.

Reply to this post

Response to Rex (Reply #50)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:36 PM

60. I can understand party loyalty to a point...

...certainly the Republican party these days is enough to make any sane person fearful of them gaining more traction. I get that. But it does sicken me that so many are willing to throw principles out the window, if their party has decided that's the way to go. And I can't help pointing it out, especially when those very same people are throwing around "purist" as a pejorative term, when they are the very ones who are best described by it.

Reply to this post

Response to ljm2002 (Reply #60)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:54 PM

66. Our party is not going that way, it is just a fringe group

that thankfully are very small in number here.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:38 PM

36. republicans are hijacking our democracy one state at a time.

Reply to this post

Response to spanone (Reply #36)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:52 PM

39. That is my fear. Every day the US House and US Senate fail to act

On things like jobs bills, reduction of pentagon budget, and other things Obama has advocated and would sign into law is another day we need to BASH Obama for not doing enough.

Borrowing from 1992, it's the Congress, stupid!

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:49 PM

38. You know

shit has gotten weird when there are actually YouTube videos from "tokenlibertariangirl" being posted here. To illustrate how backwards she is, I went to her page, and she claimed on one of her videos that health care is not a right. And on another video, she raged against feminism and women's right to choose. Now, she is a woman...opposing women's rights. It doesn't get much more insane than that. But just a few weeks ago, I found a video from her posted right here on DU regarding the NSA, and commenters were acting like she really knows her stuff. All it consisted of, essentially, was more paranoid anti-government crapola.
I find it incredible that Paulites such as her and Snowden are being taken seriously at all on a forum that is dedicated to Democrats.

Reply to this post

Response to Jamaal510 (Reply #38)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:15 PM

43. Exactly. It is hard for a Dem to support Obamacare AND have Libertarian leanings

Those cavemen want to do away with dept of education, EPA, dept of energy etc and allow our country to be run by robber barons of corporate America.

Such an America would be a shitty, shitty place to live. I saw foregleams of that America in Bush/Republican world circa 2004. No thank you.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 02:56 PM

40. So start threads on those topics.

Instead of this one that you think is a waste of time.

As for me, I can walk and chew gum at the same time, so I can do perfectly well being pissed at the surveillance state and its defenders AND focus on other issues.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:19 PM

45. can't make a constructive point

without insulting people? that's shame because here in NC we are fighting the good fight. Somehow, I don't feel you are on our side.

Reply to this post

Response to G_j (Reply #45)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:24 PM

48. I'm on the side of NC that voted for Obama in 2008 but not

The North Carolina turning into a Rethuglican fantasy camp with abortion restrictions and some of the most draconian voting restrictions.

North Carolina is going south.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #48)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:45 PM

62. well, we are here fighting

the insane GOP Tailiban.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:24 PM

47. Sure, beat the troops, that will improve morale. nt

Reply to this post

Response to TBF (Reply #47)

52. I'm just venting.

That's what the archly anti-Obama and pro-Greenwald crowd always say.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #52)

55. No you are just stirring up shit.

So fucking obvious.

Reply to this post

Response to Rex (Reply #55)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:30 PM

57. +1 nt

Reply to this post

Response to Rex (Reply #55)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:34 PM

59. My points are valid whether an anti-Obama poster chooses

To see it or not. I'm done responding to you in this thread.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #59)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:52 PM

63. Nonsense I am not anti-Obama and that is my point.

Your post sounds just like what the GOP would say about liberals. I hope you are proud.

Your point is to bash liberals with your thread. Mission accomplished.

Reply to this post

Response to Rex (Reply #63)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:17 PM

69. It all started with Rush and Fox

(the "hater" thing)
It wasn't Bush's policies that were the problem, we were just "haters". At least those jerks weren't posting directly on DU.

Reply to this post

Response to Pretzel_Warrior (Reply #59)

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:16 PM

68. Lame. Most of us worked on the campaigns locally

so don't give me that.

That doesn't mean we agree with every single administration policy. In fact at this point I sometimes wonder how much President Obama agrees with some of what he is doing ...

I personally feel that there is a select group of very rich folks driving a lot of what is happening in this country.

Reply to this post

51. We're fully capable of focusing on more than one issue, thank you very much.

This OP reeks of a lame attempt to deflect blame from the administration for its failings in other issues.

Note: criticizing the administration doesn't mean you want Republicans to win. Sorry if some haven't fully grasped that fact.

Reply to this post

Response to NuclearDem (Reply #51)

56. But it is often the end rest which is what I'm pointing out

Perception is reality.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:28 PM

53. You are a funny one!

Kewl story bro!

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:20 PM

70. We are? Please show to me proof that liberals

Who happen to be CIVIL LIBERTARIANS, are voting for Ron Paul or Rand Paul.

I will wait over here for the non existent proof.

I will give you this, conservative democrats are making a bed they won't like, but it does not involve either of the Pauls.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:26 PM

72. another example of how the enemies of the party manipulate the lumpenproletariat to thwart the

vanguard.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:28 PM

73. Authoritarians want us to shut up and be...

... be good, compliant tools. Fuck 'em.

Not in this lifetime.

We're just getting warmed up.

Don't like it?

Too bad, sucks to be you then.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:30 PM

74. why cannot we all unite on both reining in the surveillance state and protecting the integrity of

the elections? If we don't rein in the surveillance state we are not going to be a free people anyway - no matter who wins the elections. So let us bury the hatchet and all unite together on both of these matters.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:34 PM

76. Anyone not focusing on how to prevent global warming is obtuse

All this whining about American politics is just so precious.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:55 PM

77. It's all about them and their right to call you an "authoritarian". lol

'cause rand paul's asshat said so.

WikiLeaks ‏@wikileaks 5h

Obama's mask continues to slip in this affair. Under all the acting, and reading of teleprompters, a vindictive, petty, authoritarian.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks

h/t Cali http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023234734

Fortunately, there a lot of People who are not all wrapped up in "GAS" Propaganda and will be getting out the vote in 2014.. including OFA!

Muchas Gracias, PW

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 17, 2013, 05:02 PM

78. Republicans have my state.

Tea party runs my state. They're trying to give the oil companies a discount in taxes and let them drill off shore. They want to own up anwr ( Alaska national wildlife refuge) to oil drilling. Obama is standing in the way.
They want to open up Pebble Mine and poison our rivers and kill Bristolbay.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pebble_Mine
We need to be fighting things like that. Not each other.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread