HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » To be fair, there's evide...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:22 PM

To be fair, there's evidence that Martin profiled too...

Martin and his friend, Rachel, profiled Z as a potential child sexual predator, given the "creep-assed" way that he was stalking Martin around in his car and later on foot.

Seeing how Martin was unarmed and followed around in the dark all alone... Well I guess that a reasonable person could just imagine his state of mind.

Whether or not Z had actually molested any children is a valid question to explore, if someone accuses him of such a deed.

Now, I'm not accusing Z of killing Martin in a botched attempt of molesting him. However, rather than relieving Martin of any possible suspicion that he was not casing him for a potential molestation, Z never tried to make verbal contact before he went into stalking mode.

Every adult should be aware that they could be profiled as a potential molester whenever they approach any unacquainted young person. Time of day, location, whether others are around and other factors are applicable.

As the adult, Z had the primary responsibility in the creation of a safe environment for the under aged Martin.

Time and time again, Z, neglected his responsibilities as both an adult and as someone who had otherwise presented himself as a law abiding citizen.

Except, of course, with every opportunity in his interaction with Trayvon Martin. Somehow, Z never considered that his own behavior could be reasonably and objectively assessed as the presence of primary threat between two people. He wasn't interested at not presenting himself at all as a threat, quite the opposite.

What was it about Z that night that made him appear so "creepy-assed" and potentially threatening to an unarmed youngster who was all alone in the dark?

We may never know, since Z was never ever forthcoming about that possible assessment of himself. It seems that he was never interested at all in exhibiting any behavior that could help a particular youngster, all alone in the dark, that he was anything BUT "creepy-assed."

That is, any other accusations by another party that Z committed acts of child molestation notwithstanding.

23 replies, 1230 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 23 replies Author Time Post
Reply To be fair, there's evidence that Martin profiled too... (Original post)
MrScorpio Jul 2013 OP
bravenak Jul 2013 #1
dorkzilla Jul 2013 #2
WCLinolVir Jul 2013 #4
MrScorpio Jul 2013 #5
Ecumenist Jul 2013 #9
dorkzilla Jul 2013 #10
Ecumenist Jul 2013 #13
dorkzilla Jul 2013 #14
YarnAddict Jul 2013 #3
MrScorpio Jul 2013 #6
YarnAddict Jul 2013 #7
WCLinolVir Jul 2013 #8
LineReply .
JTFrog Jul 2013 #11
MrScorpio Jul 2013 #12
JimDandy Jul 2013 #15
Captain Stern Jul 2013 #17
JimDandy Jul 2013 #18
gejohnston Jul 2013 #19
JimDandy Jul 2013 #20
gejohnston Jul 2013 #21
JimDandy Jul 2013 #22
gejohnston Jul 2013 #23
avebury Jul 2013 #16

Response to MrScorpio (Original post)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:23 PM

1. And unfortunately Trayvon was correct.

He was being followed by a sexual predator with a gun.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:30 PM

2. Remember, Trayvon was a child...

He was, strictly speaking, following the "stranger danger" instructions given to every child in his generation. Why no one is bringing this up I don't know.

Reply to this post

Response to dorkzilla (Reply #2)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:36 PM

4. Thank you.

It is not unknown for men to rape boys either.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:37 PM

5. Precisely.

Martin's capabilities of defending himself, if he felt that he was under threat, should not be held against him.

Martin was doing what he could to elude a possible threat prior to the altercation, while Z was otherwise doing quite the opposite.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:45 PM

9. Hi, Dorkzilla, this is EXACTLY what I posted this weekend.

Reply to this post

Response to Ecumenist (Reply #9)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:48 PM

10. You hit it RIGHT ON THE HEAD!!! Thank you for sharing!

And I am happy to see you use the same colorful language I myself am prone to!

Reply to this post

Response to dorkzilla (Reply #10)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 10:54 PM

13. LOL! Thanks Dorkzilla, I suspect that there are millions of folks just like you and me.

And oh yeah, a HEARTY, though belated welcome to DU, Right glad TAMEETCHA!

Reply to this post

Response to Ecumenist (Reply #13)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:05 PM

14. I must be tired...i just spent 10 minutes to figure out the acronym...

TAMEETCHA!! LOL!!! LOL!!!!! I was like "That Ass Meant Every..." then I took a step back and....LAUGHED MYSELF SILLY!!!

Thanks, Ecumenist!!! Cheers!!!!

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:36 PM

3. Creepy-ass cracker

Sounds like there was racial profiling on both sides.

Reply to this post

Response to YarnAddict (Reply #3)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:40 PM

6. Well in defense of other Saltine-Americans...

Zimmerman shouldn't have been so creepy-assed.

Reply to this post

Response to MrScorpio (Reply #6)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:41 PM

7. Yeah, true that. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to YarnAddict (Reply #3)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 08:44 PM

8. He was a creepy white guy. Of Hispanic descent I believe.

The "cracker" had a gun, so ethnic slurs aside, that is all that matters. I don't see how Trayvon contributed to escalating a situation by identifying him as such in a private conversation.

Reply to this post

Response to JTFrog (Reply #11)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 09:00 PM

12. My, my...

It's so amazing that there could be someone else, a family relative mind you, providing independent corroboration that Z was, IN FACT, a child sexual predator.

There's something about the importance of first impressions that should be included here.

Reply to this post

Response to MrScorpio (Reply #12)

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:14 PM

15. Incest...not just a child molesting pervert.

She was a first cousin, if I recall correctly.

Reply to this post

Response to JimDandy (Reply #15)

Fri Jul 12, 2013, 12:34 AM

17. You're forgetting this was in Florida

First cousin marriage is legal there, and in quite a few other states.(Surprisingly, West Virginia and Arkansas aren't among them, but California and New York are)

Reply to this post

Response to Captain Stern (Reply #17)

Fri Jul 12, 2013, 03:51 AM

18. It happened between the ages of 6 and 16, at his home in Virginia,

when her family visited his every year. It is not incest in Virginia either, but I don't know what state she lived in. There are only 19 states in which sex with a cousin is not incest.

Reply to this post

Response to JimDandy (Reply #18)

Sat Jul 13, 2013, 12:25 AM

19. was this ever proven to be true or

just one of those Internet rumors? I'm guessing it is more likely the latter.

Reply to this post

Response to gejohnston (Reply #19)

Sat Jul 13, 2013, 12:46 AM

20. This was a deposition from Witness #9.

Zimmerman's attorneys fought to keep it from being released to the public, because they said it would be too prejudicial to their client. They lost the argument and the doc became public. His cousin's name wasn't allowed to be released, though. For some reason, the prosecution didn't, or wasn't allowed, to use it against Zimmerman.

It speaks to Trayvon's perception that the guy following him was "creepy-ass", or, as Rachel Jeantel explained his phrase: "a pervert".

Witness 9: George Zimmerman molested me
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Witness-9-George-Zimmerman-molested-me/-/1637132/15528110/-/jniluk/-/index.html

Reply to this post

Response to JimDandy (Reply #20)

Sat Jul 13, 2013, 01:04 AM

21. assuming Trayvon would have known it

or who it was. Jeantel was supposed to be joking. Frankly, she wasn't that compelling. The liberal legal blog Talk Left called her a train wreck.
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2013/6/26/223210/512/crimenews/-Rachel-Jeantel-Court-Antics-and-How-Martin-Profiled-Zimmerman
It should have never been made public, and it didn't make it in trial, nor should it have since it was irrelevant.
FWIW, Trayvon's cell phone dump was kept out. Had it been let in, it would have been worse for the State than it already was.
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2013/7/10/62821/8401/crimenews/Zimmerman-BAE-Y-U-Always-Fighting-

I had it streaming in my office, so I was able to see stuff the jury didn't. I went to couple of good legal blogs like Talk Left. Out of curiosity I went to one of similar quality but seems to be right leaning. They said basically the same thing.

Any opinion I have on the case are based on those three things and nothing else. If it goes against conventional wisdom, so be it.

Reply to this post

Response to gejohnston (Reply #21)

Sat Jul 13, 2013, 01:23 AM

22. You asked about Zimmerman molesting his cousin.

I gave you the answer and citation and explained why I thought it was relevant.

There are posts all over DU, including mine, about Jeantel never waivering on her testimony about Trayvon saying he was being followed, then running from the guy pursuing him, and finally hearing him directly question his pursuer: "What you following me for?". Feel free to post in those, if you're switching your attack, because I'm not interested at this late date.

Reply to this post

Response to JimDandy (Reply #22)

Sat Jul 13, 2013, 01:37 AM

23. I'm not attacking anything,

just saying that that is why I don't think it was relevant.
One thing investigators learn (and you pick up in a family of cops), and one of the cops mentioned, that inconsistencies are expected. If there are no inconsistencies, it is probably rehearsed.
Jeantel has such a low voice that the court recorder and the jurors had to ask her to speak up and repeat herself. She put me to sleep, I had to go back and find it on You Tube and re watch it.

I'm not interested in arguing with anyone. Rationally discussing it with someone who was either there or watched the whole thing with an open mind, that I will do. Even then, I would only discuss what was proven and not speculated on by either side.

There are a number of issues that come out of this that are worth discussing after this. Not only the obvious ones, but also issues like trial by media in the content free infotainment age.

Cheers.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 11, 2013, 11:16 PM

16. But Martin did not go on national TV and tell a bold

face lie on an issue that could easily be confirmed as fact or fiction. This leaves Zimmerman's story as having no credibility because if someone lies so easily about an issue easily researched, they will lie about anything. Once you realize that Zimmerman is not credible, the defense's case falls apart.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread