HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » update on dog shooting in...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jul 4, 2013, 11:52 PM

update on dog shooting in Hawthorne . video - 3.7 mil views, cops pulled off street duty 4 their saf

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/3-officers-go-off-street-duty-after-shooting-dog-4647055.php

3 officers go off street duty after shooting dog
Updated 12:37ápm, Thursday, July
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (AP) Ś Three police officers have been pulled from street duty for their safety in Southern California after a widely circulated video showed an officer fatally shooting a Rottweiler and drew numerous deatháthreats.

Hawthorne police spokesman Lt. Scott Swain told the Daily Breeze (http://bit.ly/14OwxK8 ) the decision is for the officers' safety after the uniformed officer shot the dog four times onáSunday.

A cellphone video that had more than 3.7 million views on YouTube by Thursday morning shows the dog, named Max, being shot after scrambling out of a car's back seat through a window and lunging at officers who had handcuffed itsámaster.

Witnesses can be heard crying out in distress after watching the dog's grislyádeath.

The dog's owner, Leon Rosby, said police needlessly killed his dog. His lawyer, Michael Gulden, said Rosby's complaint will be added to an existing lawsuit Rosby has againstápolice.

"I understand that people have been affected by this video. Anyone would be," Swain told the Breeze. "The police officers involved are affected by this incident and having to kill aádog.

3 replies, 766 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply update on dog shooting in Hawthorne . video - 3.7 mil views, cops pulled off street duty 4 their saf (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Jul 2013 OP
auntsue Jul 2013 #1
Comrade Grumpy Jul 2013 #2
Th1onein Jul 2013 #3

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Fri Jul 5, 2013, 12:50 AM

1. A little animal behavior knowledge

would have been helpful. If the dog was indeed attacking - the officer would not have had time to shoot. I saw the video the dog lunged then crouched, while barking. I can't wait to hear what Cesar Milan had to say. The cops could have released the guy - he was not resisting - and had him properly restrain the dog. Then issue a citation and have the guy leave. I get it they were afraid.... I was a teacher some of my students were big scary boys...... I didn't hit or shoot them...not allowed...... I had to manage them creatively and skillfully.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to auntsue (Reply #1)

Fri Jul 5, 2013, 02:29 AM

2. Very thoughtful response.

Still, I'm kind of glad they had to pull those cops off the street. Maybe cops will start to figure out how sick of their shit people are getting.

Reply to this post

Response to Comrade Grumpy (Reply #2)

Fri Jul 5, 2013, 04:33 AM

3. You're absolutely right.

We are getting sick of their shit. And they are fucking cowards.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread