HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Reddit, Mozilla And Other...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jul 3, 2013, 06:51 PM

Reddit, Mozilla And Others Plan Huge Online Protest Against NSA For July 4

Reddit, Mozilla, Wordpress, 4chan and other websites are planning a Fourth of July protest against the National Security Agency over its widespread surveillance of telephone records and Internet traffic through secret programs that came to light last month.

Spearheaded by the Internet Defense League, a 30,000-member group of Internet activists and websites, the Restore The Fourth campaign will have websites promote anti-NSA messages on their homepages along with directing visitors to CallForFreedom.org, where they can donate to help fund television ads against the intelligence programs.

In addition to advising visitors to call members of Congress, Restore The Fourth is coordinating street demonstrations in more than 75 cities, which will include “liberal groups, conservative groups and libertarian groups alike.”

More at link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/nsa-protest-reddit-mozilla-july-4_n_3540893.html

2 replies, 378 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Reddit, Mozilla And Others Plan Huge Online Protest Against NSA For July 4 (Original post)
silvershadow Jul 2013 OP
think Jul 2013 #1
pmorlan1 Jul 2013 #2

Response to silvershadow (Original post)

Wed Jul 3, 2013, 06:57 PM

1. Very cool /nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to silvershadow (Original post)

Wed Jul 3, 2013, 11:27 PM

2. Thanks for posting this!

I finally found a thread on this! I can't believe this isn't all over DU. Wow. We're attending the rally in the city closest to us. Great way to spend the 4th of July! Thanks for posting it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread