HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » ROFLMAO !!! - Alan Dersho...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:41 PM

ROFLMAO !!! - Alan Dershowitz On Glenn Greenwald: "He Did This Because He Hates America"

Pardon me... but THAT sounds a tad desperate.

Alan Dershowitz on Glenn Greenwald: "He did this because he hates America"
CNN
6/24/13

<snip>

"Well, it doesn't border on criminality – it's right in the heartland of criminality. The statute itself, does punish the publication of classified material, if you know that it's classified," explained the guest. "Greenwald – in my view – clearly has committed a felony."

Continuing his assessment of the reporter, Dershowitz held little back:

"Greenwald's a total phony. He is anti-American, he loves tyrannical regimes, and he did this because he hates America. This had nothing to do with publicizing information."

<snip>

Link: http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/24/alan-dershowitz-on-glenn-greenwald-he-did-this-because-he-hates-america/

21 replies, 1347 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 21 replies Author Time Post
Reply ROFLMAO !!! - Alan Dershowitz On Glenn Greenwald: "He Did This Because He Hates America" (Original post)
WillyT Jun 2013 OP
elehhhhna Jun 2013 #1
H2O Man Jun 2013 #2
southernyankeebelle Jun 2013 #6
starroute Jun 2013 #19
LineLineLineNew Reply +
struggle4progress Jun 2013 #20
Mc Mike Jun 2013 #21
think Jun 2013 #3
quinnox Jun 2013 #4
elleng Jun 2013 #5
ProSense Jun 2013 #8
Whisp Jun 2013 #7
99Forever Jun 2013 #9
Maximumnegro Jun 2013 #11
Whisp Jun 2013 #12
99Forever Jun 2013 #13
kentuck Jun 2013 #10
d_b Jun 2013 #14
idwiyo Jun 2013 #15
eShirl Jun 2013 #16
WillyT Jun 2013 #17
yurbud Jun 2013 #18

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:42 PM

1. Dementia is so sad.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:43 PM

2. Sad.

There was a time when I respected Alan D. But that was years ago.

Recommended.

Reply to this post

Response to H2O Man (Reply #2)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:46 PM

6. I agree with you. But he went over to the dark side. However, I don't like Greenwald either.

I never like him even before he brought all the Snowden stuff out. He really does seem to hate america.

Reply to this post

Response to H2O Man (Reply #2)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 11:03 PM

19. Dershowitz lost it when he started defending torture

And that was over a decade ago.

http://www.alandershowitz.com/publications/docs/torturewarrants.html

The Case for Torture Warrants
by Alan M. Dershowitz

Now that it has been disclosed that our government had information of “undetermined reliability”, from an agent whose code name is Dragonfire, that New York City may have been targeted for a 10 kiloton nuclear weapon, the arguments for empowering law enforcement officials to do everything necessary to prevent a catastrophic terrorist attack are becoming more compelling. In the immediate aftermath of the September 11th attacks, FBI officials leaked a story about their inability to obtain information from suspected terrorists by conventional means, such as buying the information by offers of cash or leniency, or compelling the information by grants of immunity and threats of imprisonment for contempt of court. Those who leaked the story suggested that there may come a time when law enforcement officials might have to resort to unconventional means, including non-lethal torture. Thus began one of the most unusual debates in American legal and political history: should law enforcement be authorized to torture suspects who are thought to have information about a ticking bomb?

... half a millennium ago torture warrants were part of the law of Great Britain. They could be sought only in cases involving grave threats to the Crown or the Empire and were granted in about one case a year. Judges even in those times, were extremely reluctant to authorize the thumb screw.

Why then should we even think about returning to an old practice that was abolished in England many years ago. The reason is because if we ever did have a ticking bomb case - - especially a ticking nuclear bomb case - - law enforcement officials would in fact resort to physical force, even torture, as a last resort. In speaking to numerous audiences since September 11th - - audiences reflecting the entire breadth of the political and ideological spectrum - - I have asked for a show of hands as to how many would favor the use of non-lethal torture in an actual ticking bomb case. The vast majority of audience members responded in the affirmative. So have law enforcement officials to whom I have spoken. If it is true that torture would in fact be used in such a case, then the important question becomes: is it better to have such torture done under the table, off the books and below the radar screen - - or in full view, with accountability and as part of our legal system?

Reply to this post

Response to starroute (Reply #19)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 11:06 PM

20. +

Reply to this post

Response to starroute (Reply #19)

Fri Jun 28, 2013, 09:08 AM

21. He defended Roy Cohn, Nixon and Tail Gunner Joe's criminal buddy, in the '80's

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1986-02-06/features/8601100161_1_roy-cohn-mccarthy-aide-battling

He attacked Harvard Law Professor Mary Jo Frug in the '90's, then defended the 'free speech rights' of the law students who mocked her unsolved murder on the anniversary of her death. He opposed Lawrence Tribe and the rest of the Harvard Law faculty who condemned the very un-funny parody of the murder victim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Joe_Frug
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/17/news/bar-attacking-work-slain-professor-harvard-s-elite-themselves-become-target.html

In short, for decades he's been finding some imaginary liberal grounds to back and excuse far-right act-ors and their actions.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:45 PM

3. And he hates our freedom too

Reply to this post

4. I think he isn't happy that Greenwald in the past has been critical of Israel

So this is one way of expressing his anger, I guess. Too bad it sounds so Mcarthy-like.

Reply to this post

5. dershowitz lost his mind some time ago.

Reply to this post

Response to elleng (Reply #5)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:48 PM

8. Yes, but

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:47 PM

7. this is really tough...

to pick a side between this dirtbagger and Greenwad.

I think I'll pass.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:54 PM

9. Golly.

The Assclown has spoken.

See what happens when you give up your principles? You become just another Republican asshat. So let's see...

... it's this turncoat, Darth Cheney and The Cult of Personality on one side of this ....

Reply to this post

Response to 99Forever (Reply #9)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:05 PM

11. Cult of Personality. Wow.

Shit like that really makes just want call full blown racism. Black dude becomes President and now a whole bunch of people wake up to what's been in place for YEARS. He can save the economy from a total meltdown, accomplish with healthcare what Clinton could not (and still maintain his presidency), oversee more gains in LGBT AND Marijuana rights than has EVER, EVER been done before (Oh right, all that would have happened under McCain and Romney, I forget), brough on ELIZABETH WARREN and SOTOMAYOR and on and on and on. But it just doesn't matter. Doesn't matter. It's always what he DIDN'T do for some that sticks. He DIDN'T get everything right. You wanted to believe in him so bad. But you're disappointed.

All sounds familiar.

Just like the stuff I'm reading here about Rachel testifying, I know unconscious (and conscious) racism when I see and read it. And I'm ready to call out some of the 'progressive' community. It's amazing the forgiveness that Hillary and Bill get nowadays when they were the ones who put thrugh DOMA and called Obama 'boy' during the campaigns.

Doesn't matter. Obama is still the smartest person in the room.

Reply to this post

Response to Maximumnegro (Reply #11)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:07 PM

12. ++++++++

Reply to this post

Response to Maximumnegro (Reply #11)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:09 PM

13. What planet are you on?

Racism?

You're gone.

The next post I read from you will say: You are ignoring this "member."

Bye bye.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:56 PM

10. Isn't this the guy that defended OJ Simpson??

He loves American justice.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:12 PM

14. The second highest honor you can give an American

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:16 PM

15. ...

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:21 PM

16. Greenwald also hates: puppies, kittens, apple pie, Baby Jesus

Reply to this post

Response to eShirl (Reply #16)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:27 PM

17. LOL !!! - Perfect !!!

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:29 PM

18. Jesus! Has he totally lost all self-respect or is he gunning for a Fox News job?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread