HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I Don't Ever Want To Stop...

Sun Jun 23, 2013, 12:01 PM

I Don't Ever Want To Stop Making GIFs Of Glenn Beck

I was put on this earth to do a few things: To love my wife and children; To laugh hard at the ridiculously evil; And to make delicious GIFs of Glenn Beck.

I couldn't do it of course, without the tireless work of Right Wing Watch. And I couldn't do it without Glenn himself, a true artist who works almost exclusively in a medium of his own devising - some strange blend of Hallmark Special schmaltz and apocalyptic paranoia that is so utterly American it makes me feel like I'm being waterboarded in a megachurch.

Look at the latest sample of the man's oeuvre. The majestic sweep of the arms like the wings of some delicate bird from the Tropic of Crazy. And that last moment at the end - the teensiest little hip thrust that announces "I hear voices, and I dress like TJ Maxx threw up, but in my world of scared older white people, I radiate the sexual power of a rock god ." You might spend time on the internet watching the crack-smoking mayor or the bigoted guy in an Elmo suit.

But Glenn Beck will not be ignored.

READ MY BLOG, for links and other crazy things: www.goblinbooks.com

2 replies, 548 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I Don't Ever Want To Stop Making GIFs Of Glenn Beck (Original post)
paulbibeau Jun 2013 OP
Control-Z Jun 2013 #1
paulbibeau Jun 2013 #2

Response to paulbibeau (Original post)

Sun Jun 23, 2013, 12:10 PM

1. I bet he got teased a lot

in school.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Control-Z (Reply #1)

Sun Jun 23, 2013, 12:12 PM

2. There's so much about his personality that makes me feel sympathetic...

... and then he says something to indicate Obama is the antichrist, and I come back to the light.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread