HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » it's only metadata and ou...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jun 15, 2013, 11:26 PM

it's only metadata and our e-mail...who cares

if it was such a non issue like the partisans claim then why don't we quit the program?
It doesn't really gather anything beyond what corporations gather anyways so why didn't we have this shut down?

5 replies, 565 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to backwoodsbob (Original post)

Sat Jun 15, 2013, 11:29 PM

1. No one will answer what business is it of the governments in the first place who, when, how long I

call. I've asked that in an OP and directly to supporters of this and no one will answer.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jun 15, 2013, 11:37 PM

2. If you lied to me once, can I trust anything you have ever said?

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 15, 2013, 11:39 PM

3. The corporations don't link us to each other. Binney pointed this out that the NSA does link

When they build a profile they also build profiles on everyone else linked to the suspect.

If I understand this correctly let's say that you go online to Target and buy an item. Afterwards,
you call your neighbor to tell them about the purchase. Subsequently, the neighbor goes online
an buys an item (???) that is used in the commission of a crime. Now the authorities acting like
how the NSA might work, pulls up your neighbor's dosier or whatever and sees your phone number!
Hopefully, the authorities buy your ignorance of your neighbor's doing but what a pain in the ____s!
What if they don't believe you?

Can you imagine what life would become? Nobody talking,,,,,afraid to do so...not a world I want
to live in. imho

Reply to this post

Response to snappyturtle (Reply #3)

Sun Jun 16, 2013, 05:50 AM

5. of course they do. private intelligence is just as big as public intelligence, & private firms

profile, just like the govt.

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 16, 2013, 05:43 AM

4. I took that approach the first time my two puppies heard an airplane

flying over the house.

I told them not to worry. It's just a mega-ton piece of steel flying through the air. We're just fine.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread