HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Intelligence Chief James ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jun 11, 2013, 09:40 AM

Intelligence Chief James Clapper Answers A Craigslist Missed Connection

Dear Jordan, the financial lawyer who met the redhead reading House of Leaves on the C near Washington Square:

You need to let it go. The data behind this judgment is pretty solid. Let me walk you through it.

Look, the number "Julie" gave you last Tuesday at approximately 8:30 am EST was off by one digit. By itself this would not be conclusive. It happens, right? But then, later in the day, you got a hunch and called several permutations of the number. That was smart, Jordan. Very smart. You reached a few disconnected lines, a gas station, a hospital, and the voicemail of a "Steve" (He's a nice guy, actually. The kind who seems like a bro at first, but he's really not. And you have some interests in common! But let's return...) Anyway, that last number you called was in fact Julie's. Your feeling that her machine's message sounded familiar was confirmed by the best voice matching technology in the world. But here's the problem: She was home, man.

I know Julie said she was busy lately. And I know you thought she might have been in the bathroom or sleeping or something. But our photographic analysis of the building's architectural footprint combined with thermal and acoustic imaging indicates conclusively that when you called Julie was next to the phone listening to your message. She was reclining on the couch watching a Discovery Channel show about exotic pets which attack their owners, and she deleted you within three seconds of your hang-up. Also, she'd seen this episode before. Ouch.

Don't take it personally, Jordan. I know you've been on three first dates within the past month with no follow-through - obviously that can really damage a guy's confidence. But you'll find someone. Steve has a great sister, and she's also into rafting. Did you know that?

The fact is Julie was not being completely honest, when she said she'd "just gotten out of a complicated thing."...

READ THE REST:
http://paulbibeau.blogspot.com/2013/06/intelligence-chief-james-clapper_11.html#.UbcobhXD9jo

2 replies, 514 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Intelligence Chief James Clapper Answers A Craigslist Missed Connection (Original post)
paulbibeau Jun 2013 OP
Vinnie From Indy Jun 2013 #1
annabanana Jun 2013 #2

Response to paulbibeau (Original post)

Tue Jun 11, 2013, 09:46 AM

1. lol

Cheers!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to paulbibeau (Original post)

Tue Jun 11, 2013, 09:47 AM

2. Good Stuff! . . .n/t