HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » If your mortgage was tran...

Thu May 16, 2013, 12:51 PM

If your mortgage was transferred to Green Tree Servicing, see this:

Many many complaints all over the Internet about this company, which purchases mostly sub-prime loans, but also now has prime loans, from not only BOA, but GMAC, Wells Fargo, other mortgage holders who sold to Green Tree.
If you want more info on all the problems people have had with this company, just google "Green Tree complaints".

Written on every piece of paper from Green Tree is " This letter/notice/statement is from a Debt Collector".

For now, here is notice of a Class action lawsuit:

Class Action Against Green Tree Servicing, LLC & Ongoing Investigation into GTS’s Business Practices

On April 3, 2013, a class action lawsuit was brought against Green Tree Servicing on behalf of a national class seeking redress for alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). The complaint alleges that Green Tree Servicing autodialled the plaintiff’s cellular phone as many as 100 times about a debt which he did not owe. The case is the result of a ten month investigation by the Leonard Law Office LLP, a consumer protection law firm.

A copy of our class action complaint against Green Tree Servicing, filed in a Massachusetts federal court, is here.


Green Tree is owned by Walter Investment Management Corp.

A leading business solutions provider focused on generating recurring, fee-based revenues from an "asset-light" platform. We specialize in offering creative, structured solutions to owners of less-than-prime, non-conforming and other credit-challenged mortgage assets.

Over our 50-plus-year history, we have pioneered a disciplined approach to underwriting, coupled with a high-touch servicing platform.

Translation...we make money by squeezing mortgages for every penny we can get.
One of the common complaints is "forced" insurance, whereby they take the monthly mortgage payment you send in, apply it to purchase of THEIR insurance, then declare you are deliquent on your mortgage.
Forced place insurance is illegal, btw...

7 replies, 31746 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply If your mortgage was transferred to Green Tree Servicing, see this: (Original post)
dixiegrrrrl May 2013 OP
Ckangel999 Dec 2013 #1
dixiegrrrrl Dec 2013 #2
azurnoir Dec 2013 #3
kpatte1 Jan 2014 #4
mills40 Oct 14 #5
dixiegrrrrl Oct 14 #6
Buddy1969 Nov 24 #7

Response to dixiegrrrrl (Original post)

Thu Dec 12, 2013, 10:50 AM

1. Also a victim!

I've been dealing with them for over a year since they bought my existing mortgage. They are terrible!!! They harass me with non stop phone calls before the 14 day grace period. I'm a police officer and they called my dispatch when I was at work. I immediately called and asked them not to and the man I spoke with, who refused to tell me his name, started screaming at me asking why haven't I made my payment...at that point I had my mortgage 6 years and was never 30 days late. This company is horrible and should be stopped!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ckangel999 (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 12, 2013, 12:36 PM

2. Check your consumer laws..calling the job is illegal.

They boldly state they are a collection agency,on their letters to you and on the mortgage bill.
Therefore they have to abide by collection agency laws.
Hope your state is one that enforces them. If so, you can write a letter of complaint to the AG Consumer Protection Office.
That office might be slow, but will respond.
Hell, even Ala. responded to my complaint about robo sales calls.

You can also add your complaint to one of several good on line consumer sites, which you can find by searching
"Green Tree mortgage complaints"
That should bring up one or two reputable sites. The Consumerist is one of them.
Keep copies of everything.

Here is another tactic you can use: in some states, you can legally record phone calls to you.
In Ala. all I have to do is tell the other party I am recording the call..check out your state law.
Amazing things happen when an asshole calling you thinks they are being recorded.
Even more wonderful things happen when the asshole you are talking to thinks you are typing the conversation onto
"one of the national consumer web sites I belong to...have you ever heard of The Consumerist?"

I have done that a few times and boy, people do not like it, esp. when I add I am taping the call to be sure I get everything correct.

The worse thing you can do is show them you will not stand up for yourself.
and be warned about late payments...they can and will declare your payment arrived AFTER the grace period.
If you live in an area where they can quickly sell an foreclosed home, they will foreclose, because they make money by foreclosing.

read up on them and on your consumer protection laws. Your house is worth the time to do so.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ckangel999 (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 12, 2013, 05:02 PM

3. I don't know what state you're in but in mine MN it is illegal to call a persons

job once you have requested they do not-also you're police officer it would seem calling the dispatcher for such a purpose (personal business not pertaining to police work) could also be breaking some law

part of the problem is that Green Tree at least here handles mostly 'mobile' homes and those fall under different laws than a fixed home -mobile homes are considered personal property like a car and none of the protections that are in place for fixed dwellings apply

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ckangel999 (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 16, 2014, 05:39 PM

4. My experience with Green Tree and my suggestions. Facing Foreclosure due to their lying and stealing

I apologize for the length but i am trying to deal with this and help others. I have included samples of letter to send, federal and stated suggestions, better business bureau as well. it is imperative you take action and contact every possible local, state and federal agency about Green Tree.

I have never been late or delinquent. My mortgage was transferred to green tree (Greed Tree..I just made that up right now) transferred from Bank of America not too long ago. I am going to post what has happened and what I did and what you should do. I will fuck them up....just kidding ha ha ha. you should tooo..They fucked with the wrong person. I would never condone violence however if people are that pissed just remember the workers are not the problem, they are just trying to make a living and not lose a job, despite there bullshit too. The leaders are the problem...They are organized crime with what they do. No they are worse at least with the Mob you know what the fuck to expect, well they won't know what to expect after they get their teeth knocked down their throats by someone that has that lost it all to those fucking vultures. So here we go. MY state attorney read my complaint and took immediate action to assist. The Federal trade commission has taken immediate action to assist.

1- Stop answering any phone calls from the SOBs, Keep their messages and re-record them with dates so you have copy. Android apps have a number of free recording apps. Make sure you are covered by knowing that you have checked to make sure your payments and other financial issues are in order and Greed Tree is wrong. Start a simple journal of events, who, what where, when and how, and inform Greed tree you are recording there statements, "I would tell them "This conversation is also being recorded for quality purposes and record the mother fuckers. Put your phone on speaker phone too record.
2-Note all financial transactions. contact any agency that may be sending money to Greed Tree and get names, dates, routing and tracking number. Believe me they have tracking and routing numbers. if you have a hard time tell them the truth and that your home and financial future rely upon this information for legal purposes.
3-If possible have any agency that send money to Greed Tree perform a 3 way conversation and have the agency inform greed tree about any payments made. Again tell them you are recording for quality....whatever. fuck it record the mother fuckers anyways. some states allow one party approval, that you fuck Greed Tree and their approval.Fight fire with fire, no use nitro.
4-If you are certain you are not wrong begin the more serious legal issues.
A-Send a Dispute to Validate Debt......registered, certified mail.
SAMPLE dispute letter.
Your Name
Current Phone: (###) ###-####
Your Mailing Address
City, CA ZIP Code
Certified mail, return receipt requested
Names of Each Debt Collector Employee Involved
Name of Debt Collection Agency
Address on Agency Letterhead
City, State ZIP Code
RE: File No. ###
Account No. ###
Creditor's Account No. ###

To the Management of this Collection Agency and the above-noted employees:

Please show in your records that I dispute this account. Please verify this account by providing me with copies of the following documents: credit applications, contracts, account statements, . . . .

Your reporting of this account shows a $______ balance has been overdue and is now delinquent since ________ . This is not complete or accurate, because I do not owe this balance, because it is was ________ . A copy of _______ showing this is attached

If you refuse to report this account accurately and completely, then please notify each credit reporting agency that the reported information is disputed by the consumer.


Next Send a cease and desist letter about a week later.
Sample: Check it carefully i may have missed a couple things but it is close and worked for my use.

Certified mail, return receipt requested
To: Green Tree Servicing, LLC Walter Investment Management Corp.
PO Box 6176 3000 Bayport Drive Suite 1100
Rapid City, SD 57709-6176 Tampa, FL 33607
Phone: (813) 421-7600

Account No:
RE: Cease and desist from harassing/stalking calls to my home phone or any other phone I may own. In addition you are ordered by me to not contact any person or place about me (Your Name) from Green Tree Services, and any representative of Green Tree.
Dear Green Tree Services LLC,
This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER is to inform you that your persistent actions including but not limited to calling me daily and sending me a letter of delinquency have become unbearable. Green Tree calls my home (Whatever is correct-daily and at times more than 1 time daily regarding my mortgage. I have indicated to Green Tree in the past that ____Name of who paid__________ has submitted payment. I was also informed that there is a grace period for mortgage transfer (if appropriate). I began receiving harassing phone calls shortly after my mortgage was transferred to Green Tree. I informed Green Tree numerous times to stop calling me or contacting me in any form, that payments have been sent and on what day sent. Your refusal to stop calling me despite my numerous requests for you to stop is not tolerable any longer.
On __Date__________ (representative from agency submitting your fund or you), contacted Green Tree and spoke to your representative, (Name, try to get full name and id). I indicated to all parties I was recording the phone conversations. All parties indicated approval of recording. (i.e we will use Bank of America) representative instructed Green Tree representative, (name of rep), regarding payments submitted to Green Tree for my (what dates) payment and my upcoming Dates payment, including the dates wired, the amount of funds wired, (and the amount of a pending submission if is the case) to be sent to Green Tree. (I and who ever was confirming payment or listening) confirmed payment to Green Tree and my request for Green tree to stop phoning me. (The rep may have indicated they will not stop so document this her) and stated so with Bank of America or whoever representive acknowledging hearing the representative statement. You, Green Tree and any representative of your agency, or agency representing you are ORDERED TO STOP such activities immediately as they are being done in violation of the law.
I have the right to remain free from these activities as they constitute harassment/stalking, and I will pursue any legal remedies available to me against you if these activities continue. These remedies include but are not limited to: contacting law enforcement to obtain criminal sanctions against you, and suing you civilly for damages I have incurred as a result of your actions.
Again, you must IMMEDIATELY STOP calling my home or any other phone I may own. In addition you are ordered by me to not contact any person or place about me. You must also not report any adverse credit score to any credit reporting service. You must send me written confirmation that you will stop such activities. You risk incurring some very severe legal consequences if you fail to comply with this demand.
This letter acts as your final warning to discontinue this unwanted conduct before I pursue legal actions against you. At this time, I am not contacting the authorities or filing civil suit against you, as I hope we can resolve this matter without authoritative involvement. I am not under any circumstances, however, waiving any legal rights I have presently, or future legal remedies against you by sending you this letter. This order acts as ONE FINAL CHANCE for you to cease your illegal activities before I exercise my rights.
To ensure compliance with this letter, and to halt any legal action I may take against you, I require you to fill in and sign the attached form and mail it back to me within 10 days of your receipt of U.S. Postal service return receipt signature of this letter. Failure to do so will act as evidence of your infringement upon my legal rights, and I will immediately seek legal avenues to remedy the situation.


Your Name typed here


Account No: 822014528
To: Green Tree Servicing, LLC Copy to: Walter Investment Management Corp. Copy-1-Federal Trade Commission
PO Box 6176 3000 Bayport Drive Suite 1100 2-Consumer Financial
Rapid City, SD 57709-6176 Tampa, FL 33607 Protection Bureau.
Phone: (813) 421-7600 3-Florida state's Attorney
General's office.
I, Green Tree Services and any other representative do hereby agree to stop Harassing/Stalking contact including phone calls to Your name and address (Fuck the phone number they already have i) or any other phone, person, place or agency which are in violation of Your name’s rights. I understand that this is my final chance to cease these activities. I understand that Your name potentially has the right to pursue legal action against Green Tree Servicing LLC relating to Green Tree Servicing LLC engagement in these activities, but Your name will not pursue those rights in contemplation of Green Tree Servicing LLC compliance with this written demand. Green Tree Servicing LLC further understands that Kevin Patterson has not waived his rights and may pursue legal remedies against Green Tree Servicing LLC if Green Tree Servicing LLC fails to abide by this agreement. Green Tree Servicing LLC understands that this agreement is not specifically limited to the activities named herein. Green Tree Servicing LLC will not engage in any activity now or in the future done for the purpose of stalking/harassing phone calls or any other phone, person, place or agency to Your name. Green Tree Servicing LLC furthermore agrees not to engage in any activity, regardless of its official title, that is done in violation of Your name’s legal rights. If Green Tree Servicing LLC fails to cease performing these activities, Your name may pursue legal action against Green Tree Servicing LLC in accordance his legal rights. This agreement acts as a contract between Green Tree Services LLC and Kevin Your name and address. Forbearing enforcement of legally enforceable remedies is sufficient consideration to support this agreement. This agreement represents the entire agreement between the parties. Any statements made orally, written, or otherwise which are not contained herein shall have no impact on either parties’ rights or obligations elaborated in this agreement.

Date ____________________

Printed Name
Green Tree Services, LLC representative

Green Representative Signature

Indicate you are also contacting the following and if sending by mail registered receipt
Next contact all the following
Copy sent: Regarding formal complaint against Green Tree Servicing, LLC and its parent company Mark J. O'Brien, Chairman of the Board of Green Tree's parent company, Walter Investment Management.

Copy sent: Regarding formal complaint against Green Tree Servicing, LLC and its parent company Mark J. O'Brien, Chairman of the Board of Green Tree's parent company, Walter Investment Management with the Federal Trade Commission.

Copy sent: Regarding formal complaint against Green Tree Servicing, LLC and its parent company Mark J. O'Brien, Chairman of the Board of Green Tree's parent company, Walter Investment Management with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Copy sent: Regarding formal complaint against Green Tree Servicing, LLC and its parent company Mark J. O'Brien, Chairman of the Board of Green Tree's parent company, Walter Investment Management with the Your state's Attorney General's office.

Contact the area better business bureau in this case was South Dakota.

Contact LSC Legal service corporation

go to website for Leonard Law Office, LLP, 139 Charles Street Suite A121 Boston, MA 02114. Look at the recommendations.

contact lawyers that Leonard law office recommends

Good luck

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dixiegrrrrl (Original post)

Tue Oct 14, 2014, 03:35 PM

5. Deed in Lieu with GreenTree

I have just been discharged chap 7 bankruptcy in CA.GT was included in BK. Greentree is the servicer. My atty said they would do a deed in lieu. Has anyone had a similar experience deed in lieu with G.T? I don't know what to expect and how long it will take for a DIL?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mills40 (Reply #5)

Tue Oct 14, 2014, 04:04 PM

6. Ask your attorney and ...

google the deed in lieu question for your state..you would be surprised what you might find, usually there be a link to the law or statute that applies.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mills40 (Reply #5)

Mon Nov 24, 2014, 09:03 PM

7. Hope this helps

mills40- I don't know what atty you have but this is common sense. if you filed chapter7 on a debt then that is saying you cannot pay and never will and makes you not responsible for that debt. So how could you ask your mortgage company for a deed in lieu which is designed to release the title a back and relief you of the responsibility of the debt when bankruptcy did that for you. I am a mortgage server. So no you cannot do a deed in lieu . You are already released of the responsibility Hope this helps

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread