HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Welcome to the Dark Side…...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue May 14, 2013, 09:23 PM

Welcome to the Dark Side… It's fun over here!

GOP Outreach Fail of the Day: Former RNC Florida State Director of Hispanic Outreach Quits the Republican Party And Becomes A Democrat

When Republicans appointed Pablo Pantoja to State Director of Florida Hispanic Outreach for the Republican National Committee, they hoped he would be able to bridge the sizable gap that only expanded during the 2012 elections, when the state’s 4.7 million Hispanic voters supported Barack Obama over Mitt Romney by a 20 percent margin.

But after months of inaction by Congressional Republicans on comprehensive immigration reform and stiff resistance by Republican-leaning groups like the Heritage Foundation, Pantoja has had enough; on Monday, he announced via email that he was leaving the party and registering as a Democrat:

Friend,

Yes, I have changed my political affiliation to the Democratic Party.

It doesn’t take much to see the culture of intolerance surrounding the Republican Party today. I have wondered before about the seemingly harsh undertones about immigrants and others. Look no further; a well-known organization recently confirms the intolerance of that which seems different or strange to them.

Pantoja goes on to specifically cite last week’s revelation — that an author of Heritage’s false report on the cost of the Gang of Eight’s immigration bill wrote a dissertation in which he suggested that Hispanics are at a permanent disadvantage because they have lower IQs — as the final straw in his political evolution.

http://thepoliticalfreakshow.us/post/50432716026/gop-outreach-fail-of-the-day-former-rnc-florida

5 replies, 787 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Welcome to the Dark Side… It's fun over here! (Original post)
MrScorpio May 2013 OP
CaliforniaPeggy May 2013 #1
Hekate May 2013 #4
jberryhill May 2013 #2
Warpy May 2013 #3
JustAnotherGen May 2013 #5

Response to MrScorpio (Original post)

Tue May 14, 2013, 09:29 PM

1. The very fact that he switched his party affiliation shows just how much a lie it is to say that

Hispanics' IQ is lower.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Reply #1)

Tue May 14, 2013, 09:38 PM

4. +1

Reply to this post

Tue May 14, 2013, 09:29 PM

2. Another successful outreach

He must have been good at it, since it worked on him.

Reply to this post

Tue May 14, 2013, 09:32 PM

3. The GOP has been good at tokenism

by pushing men like Cruz and Rubio toward the front of the party.

They've just been very bad at disguising what bigots they really are underneath it all.

Reply to this post

Tue May 14, 2013, 09:38 PM

5. This awesome

And I thank you for giving us ALL of the information.

Not just what a few Republicans have put a spin on and called a scandal.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread