HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Henry Waxman says not cut...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri May 10, 2013, 11:46 AM

Henry Waxman says not cutting Social Security is being just like Grover Norquist

I would not sign onto any letter that says under no circumstances would I vote for a bill that had that in it. Itís like the Republicans pledge theyíll never vote for tax increases. I donít want to sign onto a pledge that under no circumstances will I ever do something. Iíll express my feelings not to do certain things but I donít want to make that kind of a pledge. I can see possibilities that some things that we donít like may be in a final budget and that will get us a lot of things we do want. So Iím not going to sign an unequivocal pledge ó for a bill maybe, but not against it.

Give him a call and tell him this is a false comparison here:
http://boldprogressives.org/democratic-congressman-henry-waxman-refuses-to-sign-letter-against-benefit-cuts/

2 replies, 514 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Henry Waxman says not cutting Social Security is being just like Grover Norquist (Original post)
Report1212 May 2013 OP
forestpath May 2013 #1
pansypoo53219 May 2013 #2

Response to Report1212 (Original post)

Fri May 10, 2013, 11:57 AM

1. FUCK HIM.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Report1212 (Original post)

Fri May 10, 2013, 12:46 PM

2. so, you would say no to means testing? he is right. but he does need to think outside the box

AND LIFT THE CAP!!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread