HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Iowan who fatally shot do...

Wed Apr 17, 2013, 08:39 AM

Iowan who fatally shot dog on Christmas Eve is found guilty of abuse

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130417/NEWS/704179919/1685#iowan-who-fatally-shot-dog-on-christmas-eve-is-found-guilty-of-abuse

By Andrew J. Nelson

ATLANTIC, Iowa A 56-year-old man was confronted by two dogs, a German shepherd and a chocolate Labrador, as he walked from his garage to his house on Christmas Eve. One of them growled.

So Charles Collins Cutler retreated to his garage to grab a shotgun. He loaded it and returned outside to find only the lab in front of him.

Cutler shot the dog as it was turning away from him. The pellets struck the dog in her hindquarters.

A jury on Tuesday found Cutler, of Marne, Iowa, guilty of misdemeanor animal abuse in the death of Wrigley, an 18-month-old female lab.

FULL story at link.

1 replies, 691 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Iowan who fatally shot dog on Christmas Eve is found guilty of abuse (Original post)
Omaha Steve Apr 2013 OP
Bosso 63 Apr 2013 #1

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Wed Apr 17, 2013, 09:27 AM

1. What a wuss.

I need a better word, but it was the first that came to mind.

As an additional side note, I passed through Atlantic Iowa a couple of years ago, and found it to be a remarkably charming town.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread