HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » An excellent message for ...

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 09:48 PM

An excellent message for the Michelle Rhee Crowd

3 replies, 553 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply An excellent message for the Michelle Rhee Crowd (Original post)
MrScorpio Apr 2013 OP
Squinch Apr 2013 #1
YvonneCa Apr 2013 #2
Bennyboy Apr 2013 #3

Response to MrScorpio (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 09:54 PM

1. I love Neil, but students didn't cheat. It was the administrators pushing the tests who cheated.

So it's because the administrators valued the good opinion of people who know nothing about education - and who want to exploit the education system for profit - more than they value the actual education of children.

Which means they should be making widgets for a living rather than telling teachers how to educate.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Squinch (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 10:06 PM

2. Then you will probably LOVE...

...this:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-democrats-20130415,0,2919125.story?track=rss

"People can call themselves Democrats for Education Reform it's a free country but if your agenda is to shut teachers and school employees out of the political process and not lift a finger to prevent cuts in education, in my book you're not a reformer, you're not helping education, and you're sure not much of a Democrat," said state Supt. of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson, a registered Democrat whose office is nonpartisan.

Reply to this post

Response to YvonneCa (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 10:39 PM

3. President Obama, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker

are among the elected Democrats who support the groups' efforts.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread