HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Oh FFS! Boston Bombing "T...

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:34 AM

Oh FFS! Boston Bombing "Truthers" Coming Out of the Woodwork Already!

Poster "Libtards" says:

Now THIS is bizarre. A few minutes ago I posted a link to a FB page called "Thoughts Go Out To All Involved In The Boston Explosions." The page was created TWO DAYS AGO. Within a couple of minutes, not only did the page disappear, but so did my links to that page! But guess what? While I still had the page up on my screen, I PHOTOGRAPHED it. Better copy and send this around now, because something is very, very wrong here......

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=235717619902397&set=a.229595717181254.1073741828.229591930514966&type=1&theater

Photoshop aside, isn't it true though that you can EDIT the day when it says a Facebook page was created, not to mention edit the TITLE of the page/group after the fact? If that's true, then any one can (either purposefully or unintentionally) create a bunch of conspiracy theory drama just by messing with the dates/titles on Facebook.

These "truthers" made the same claims about Sandy Hook, claiming that "the gubermint" had staged the whole thing -- their proof? Facebook page create dates "before the event happened" of course!

Gimme a fucking break.

10 replies, 2198 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oh FFS! Boston Bombing "Truthers" Coming Out of the Woodwork Already! (Original post)
LAGC Apr 2013 OP
davidn3600 Apr 2013 #1
Posteritatis Apr 2013 #7
hepkat Apr 2013 #2
LAGC Apr 2013 #3
dipsydoodle Apr 2013 #4
LAGC Apr 2013 #5
Archae Apr 2013 #6
JHB Apr 2013 #8
mercuryblues Apr 2013 #9
Javaman Apr 2013 #10

Response to LAGC (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:41 AM

1. Everything is a conspiracy these days

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to davidn3600 (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 06:15 AM

7. That's what they want you to think.

*ducks and runs*

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:44 AM

2. I feel like it's preemptive distraction

I feel very strongly at this point with scant info that this was clearly a right wing extremist terrorist incident.

Obviously right wingers don't want to be painted with this. So creating a first impression that this was a false flag incident or islamic terrorists will color willing believers when the actually prosecution occurs.

Reply to this post

Response to hepkat (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:46 AM

3. Yeah, I'm getting vibes of Eric Rudolph all over again.

Hope they find the perp(s) soon before he(they) can strike again.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:47 AM

4. The reason it appears that way

is that the an existing group has been renamed.

Says at top of page :

"Yes, I have changed my group. I wanted to show my support, concern, thoughts and love for all those affected by this tragedy in Boston. Will you forgive me, as I thought this was a worthy cause?"

Pinned post : Jeremiah Laster changed the name of the group "Random Acts Of Kindness" to "Thoughts go out to all the boston bombing victims."

If you scroll to end it started March 6th.

Is this the group you meant ? Alternatively someone has done the same thing : changed a group name.

Reply to this post

Response to dipsydoodle (Reply #4)

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:52 AM

5. Yeah, that's what I figured.

These conspiracy theory types will latch onto anything obviously... anything that reinforces their paranoia and shifts the blame.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 06:04 AM

6. I told those bastards to crawl back under their rock.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 06:28 AM

8. I don't know enough about editing the date to say, but...

...I do know you can take an existing page and repurpose it, so that one created a few days ago for som other reason could be converted to a "Prayers for Boston" page in a couple of seconds, if the owner so chose.

Reply to this post

Response to JHB (Reply #8)

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 07:04 AM

9. you can

also do that with your personal page. If I wanted to I could change my name to Support Boston. But when people look at the page they will see it was created 3 years ago. You would have to delve into the feed to find out I changed my name. It would be a one line post that reads.... XXXX changed their name to Support Boston.I easily get over 100 posts a day on my wall, so finding that one line post would not be easy.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 16, 2013, 08:45 AM

10. the problem as I see it with the "truthers"

they believe their brand of "conspiracy" BS equates to empathy.

they have a very skewed sense of reality.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread