HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Police Brutality Caught o...

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 01:27 PM

Police Brutality Caught on Cam?

Necessary force or police brutality? Thatís the question being posed by a video showing Rehoboth Beach Police officers tasering a man several times.

The man in the video, 34-year-old Jeremy Anderson of Mechanicsburg, Pa., says he didnít deserve the treatment he received from the three officers. He claims the entire ordeal started after he got into a verbal altercation with a hotel worker over a room key while vacationing in the Delaware city. Once police arrived, Anderson says they began to use a taser on him.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Police-Brutality-Caught-on-Cam-202880141.html

9 replies, 1174 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Paul E Ester (Original post)

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 02:06 PM

1. Not enough information.

The video doesn't start until the cops were trying to arrest him. What did he do to get arrested? Generally, when the cops arrest you the first thing you hear is, "turn around and put your hands behind your back". We can't tell by that video if he was non compliant earlier or what went down between him and the other guy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rrneck (Reply #1)

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 02:19 PM

4. He's drunk, got in an argument with some hotel employees and they called police.

It's probably safe to assume he engaged in disorderly conduct. Most people who see it say he was being an ass and deserved it. I am not sure he did when they probably could have de-escalated the situation without a tasering him and kicking him in the head. Even with the information it's an edge case.

I'd go with a suspension without pay for a couple days for kicker in the head cop and counseling to the rest to be less trigger happy with the taser. A drunk in public ticket for the "victim" and any lawsuits tossed out of court.

He's lucky someone was there with a camera I imagine it could have been worse.

Reply to this post

Response to Paul E Ester (Reply #4)

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 02:26 PM

5. I missed the head kick.

I don't like tasers. If something is supposed to be non lethal, it oughta be 100% non lethal. But in this case they helped. Before tasers he would have come out a lot worse.

When it's a private matter like that, never fight the cops. Of course, if it's a demonstration against the thieving 1% the rules change...

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 02:14 PM

2. No wonder so many people don't like the police.

No one deserves that kind of treatment...even if I didn't see and know the details.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 02:15 PM

3. I would have liked to see what happened previous to this

I'm not sure this is the best example of police brutality.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 02:30 PM

6. Boy, that one kicky-head cop is incredibly

trigger-happy when it comes to his Taser. He kept trying to use it even when the guy was just sitting there.

He should NOT be a cop. He is a danger to society. He should be arrested, and the city should have to pay a significant settlement for that cop's behavior, even if the guy was drunk and being an ass.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 02:33 PM

7. She's lucky they didn't rough Her up--even at 8 1/2 months pregnant--arrest her, grab the

camera, and delete the evidence. That is what they usually would do.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 02:38 PM

8. Amazing how "tough" cops are in groups and with weapons. They refuse to take any risks anymore. n-t

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 14, 2013, 08:02 PM

9. I do believe he was an ass..but they could have released him into the custody

of his wife..who was sober and reasonable...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread