HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Everything I Ever Needed ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Apr 10, 2013, 07:22 AM

Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned from Mr. Rogers

Someone once asked me if I could “model” myself after anyone who would it be? After thinking about it, I said, “Fred Rogers.”

Now, THAT got a laugh.

But the reason is simple. Fred Rogers did what most people dream of: he spent his life doing the things he loved and at the same time made a positive impact on millions of people. And he did it in an honest way without changing who he was (and by all accounts he was just the same off-camera that he was on-camera).

Who could ask for more?

But even more, I figure that I pretty much learned everything I needed to know from Mr. Rogers.

Fred Rogers and his TV show Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood taught me more about life than most of those self-help guru/scammers out there. And he did it for free!

So, what did I learn? These are just some of the lessons I learned from Mr. Rogers.

Snip

“If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.”
Fred Rogers

http://dontstepinthepoop.com/everything-i-ever-needed-to-know-i-learned-from-mr-rogers

Margaret Thatcher could have learned a million things from Fred Rogers.

If she did, then the whole world would not be going out of its way to piss on her grave.

2 replies, 507 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned from Mr. Rogers (Original post)
MrScorpio Apr 2013 OP
In_The_Wind Apr 2013 #1
Javaman Apr 2013 #2

Response to MrScorpio (Original post)

Wed Apr 10, 2013, 07:23 AM

1. I agree!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MrScorpio (Original post)

Wed Apr 10, 2013, 09:32 AM

2. I had the great honor and pleasure to meet both Mr. Rogers and Jim Henson.

both were such nice and gentle human beings.

They were like what you expected them to be.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread