HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Lowbrow Limpball again .....
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Mar 21, 2013, 11:52 AM

Lowbrow Limpball again ...

Rush Limbaugh: Beyonce's new song means she 'understands it's worth it to bow down' to men

Rush Limbaugh is giving Beyoncé's new single two thumbs down in the feminism department.
The talk show host, 62, spent part of his show on Wednesday criticizing the pop singer for pulling a "total 180" with her new single "Bow Down/I Been On."

Citing a story in The Telegraph, Limbaugh claimed that, rather than extolling women's independence in her song, Beyoncé is encouraging women to be subservient to their spouses.
"Bow Down," according to Limbaugh, advises women to "put up with it."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/rush-limbaugh-beyonce-anti-feminist-article-1.1294359#ixzz2OBqZlXQW

5 replies, 746 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lowbrow Limpball again ... (Original post)
MindMover Mar 2013 OP
Initech Mar 2013 #1
demwing Mar 2013 #2
Initech Mar 2013 #5
TlalocW Mar 2013 #3
Zen Democrat Mar 2013 #4

Response to MindMover (Original post)

Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:19 PM

1. A 4x divorcee has no right to give advice on women's rights.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Initech (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:27 PM

2. That's completely unfair! Marital status has nothing to do with women's rights

but an asshole misogynist with nearly a generation of comments bashing females? Yeah, that disqualifies this turd for pretty much the rest of his life.

I only say almost because I don't think anyone is 100% beyond redemption--not even Limbaugh.

Reply to this post

Response to demwing (Reply #2)

Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:47 PM

5. Nah I think Limbaugh is beyond redemption.

You'd think he would have learned the error of his mysoginist ways after the Sandra Fluke fiasco and his employees lost all that precious ad revenue. But nope. He continues to pile it on.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:36 PM

3. Yeah, I just looked up the lyrics for that song

If anything, it's a typical hip-hop song that extols the greatness of the singer.

TlalocW

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:38 PM

4. He's not just Limpballs he's Dumballs. He doesn't understand the song!

Beyonce is talking to her female diva competition and telling them to Bow Down to her. She also explicitly says she's no "little wife" in the song, which is done in the Houston (H-Town) hip-hop style of "chopped and screwed." Rush talking about hip-hop is all kinds of wrong.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread