HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » In Op-Ed, Elizabeth Warre...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 31, 2012, 02:47 PM

In Op-Ed, Elizabeth Warren Hits Scott Brown and Mitt Romney For Opposing The Buffet Rule

In Op-Ed, Elizabeth Warren Hits Scott Brown and Mitt Romney For Opposing The Buffet Rule | Massachusetts Senate Candidate Elizabeth Warren (D) published an op-ed today criticizing her opponent, Sen. Scott Brown (R), for his opposition to the Buffet Rule, a proposal by the Obama administration to implement a 30 percent minimum tax on millionaires. She also took a swipe at GOP Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, calling his ability to pay a lower tax rate than many middle-class working families wrong and unfair. ďJust last week, Scott Brown said in an interview that he thinks Mitt Romney and Warren Buffett should get special tax breaks that are not available to most Americans. I donít think thatís fair,Ē wrote Warren. Brown, who now trails Warren in most polling, told The Sun Chronicle last weekend that he opposes Obamaís plan.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/01/31/415688/warren-hits-brown-romney-opposing-buffet-rule/

Elizabeth Warren: Washington and Scott Brown Donít Get It
http://bluemassgroup.com/2012/01/washington-and-scott-brown-dont-get-it/

2 replies, 792 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply In Op-Ed, Elizabeth Warren Hits Scott Brown and Mitt Romney For Opposing The Buffet Rule (Original post)
ProSense Jan 2012 OP
Little Star Jan 2012 #1
Lawlbringer Jan 2012 #2

Response to ProSense (Original post)

Tue Jan 31, 2012, 02:51 PM

1. I want her for my senator sooooo bad!!!...

And I think she has a good chance of beating Scott Brown's butt too!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ProSense (Original post)

Tue Jan 31, 2012, 03:17 PM

2. I'm going back and forth with a Paulite in Boston

who is just (hilariously) echoing what Paul said about her.

I want to move to MA just to vote for Elizabeth Warren, but I'd probably get flayed if I showed up in my Yankee hat. =op

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread