Sun Mar 3, 2013, 06:33 PM
OmahaBlueDog (10,000 posts)
10 dumbest things Republicans said last month
1. "When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."
—Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin (R), defending her sweeping anti-abortion bill.
2. "They are going to cull the herd, so that instead of having billions, we'll only have hundreds of millions of human beings on the face of the planet."
—Alan Keyes, warning what's behind President Obama's gun control proposal.
3. "Some people could make the argument that a lot of people like being in abusive relationships. It's a love-hate relationship. It's very, very common for people to stick around with somebody they love who also abuses him or her."
—New Hampshire state Rep. Mark Warden (R), during a debate on a bill to reduce the penalty for simple assault.
7 more at: http://theweek.com/article/index/240838/10-dumbest-things-republicans-said-last-month
Source: The Week
5 replies, 1294 views
10 dumbest things Republicans said last month (Original post)
Response to OmahaBlueDog (Original post)
Sun Mar 3, 2013, 07:04 PM
Kalidurga (8,528 posts)
1. Not a day goes by they don't say something hateful, stupid, or just insane.
Bicycling produces more CO2 than driving, says Wash. GOP lawmaker
“The president having ability to reprogram, which means the ability to punish his enemies and reward his friends, is beyond any reasonable constitutional justification,” Darrel Issa on the looming sequestration.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/republicans-fear-sequester-gives-obama-upper-hand-88213.html#ixzz2MWXE4uSe
...as an “abuse of taxpayer dollars” that “does more to promote a radical agenda than it does to help women.” from an Email written by Phyllis Shoefly on the VAWA.
I am sure there are a lot more horrendous and stupid things out there that the Republicans said this week alone. They could fill volumes with their horrendous quotes. Their stupidity is only dwarfed by their sheer meaness.
Response to Dyedinthewoolliberal (Reply #4)
Sun Mar 3, 2013, 10:49 PM
Initech (49,495 posts)
5. The tea party history book: use no logic or facts, link everything to Hitler.
Separation of Church & State: That was a Nazi idea.
Freedom of Speech: Guess what? Hitler had freedom of spech!
Fact checking: That's propaganda, something that Joesph Goebbels used!!
Helping poor people: That's socialism, and National Socialism at that!
Yup they're stupid.