HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Iran Promises To End Nucl...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 01:22 PM

Iran Promises To End Nuclear Program In Exchange For Detailed Diagram Of Atomic Bomb

TEHRAN—In an unprecedented display of international cooperation from the Middle Eastern nation, Iran reportedly pledged to end the country’s burgeoning nuclear weapons program in exchange for detailed schematics for the construction of an atomic bomb. “In the spirit of compromise, the nation of Iran promises that, should a Western nation supply us with blueprints for the design and assembly of a fission bomb, we will immediately put a stop to our nuclear initiative,” said Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, calling the terms of this proposed agreement “fair, equitable, and well within reason.” “Of course, we’ll also need detonators and a launching mechanism, as well as the expert guidance of the world’s top physicists and engineers. But once we have that, our nuclear weapons program will be a thing of the past. You have my word on that.” At press time, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry had persuaded Ahmadinejad to accept a “more reasonable” offer of $50 million in nuclear research funding and 200 kilograms of weapons-grade plutonium.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/iran-promises-to-end-nuclear-program-in-exchange-f,31462/

4 replies, 462 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Iran Promises To End Nuclear Program In Exchange For Detailed Diagram Of Atomic Bomb (Original post)
iandhr Feb 2013 OP
appleannie1 Feb 2013 #1
Guy Whitey Corngood Feb 2013 #2
iandhr Feb 2013 #3
Wounded Bear Feb 2013 #4

Response to iandhr (Original post)

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 01:30 PM

1. It took a second until I saw onion.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 01:32 PM

2. Too late! Thanks asshole:

Reply to this post

Response to Guy Whitey Corngood (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 01:52 PM

3. I forgot about that.

Lol

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 28, 2013, 01:59 PM

4. Only 200 kilograms.....

Wow, new SoS Kerry drives a hard bargain.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread