HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The White House is resign...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:10 AM

The White House is resigned to the fact that nothing is going to get done with this Congress...

And the best deal they can get is to keep everything running for another year and then try to defeat the Republicans in 2014. Nothing will change until we change this Congress. Boehner and the Republican majority have to go.

We can only hope we can keep our heads above water for the next two years as the Tea Party disciples attempt to hold us under. Instead of a ten-year deficit-cutting deal, the White House will go for one year of cuts that will keep the government chugging along this bumpy road.

The number one goal of Democrats is to change this Congress. The Republicans refuse to govern and are running scared of their Tea Party brethren. Nothing is going to get accomplished anytime soon.

4 replies, 488 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply The White House is resigned to the fact that nothing is going to get done with this Congress... (Original post)
kentuck Feb 2013 OP
unblock Feb 2013 #1
kentuck Feb 2013 #4
leftyohiolib Feb 2013 #2
alcibiades_mystery Feb 2013 #3

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:13 AM

1. "democrats ... tea party brethren"?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to unblock (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:27 AM

4. Sorry. edited for clarification

Reply to this post

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:19 AM

2. well if reid would have FIXED the filibuster but oh well .. what a waste of potential

Reply to this post

Response to leftyohiolib (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:24 AM

3. Fixing the filibuster gets stuff through the GOP controlled House?

I mean, I get that one can put some pressure on the House if we start just passing legislation in the Senate and dare the House to reject a vote on it, but they don't seem averse to rejecting everything. I was never quite clear on how "fixing" the filibuster was supposed to fix the GOP majority in the other chamber.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread