HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Prosecutors: NYPD officer...

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 10:26 PM

Prosecutors: NYPD officer was 'deadly serious' about cannibalism scheme

An NYPD officer is on trial in a federal case stemming from a bizarre online plan allegedly to kidnap, cook and eat women.

Gilberto Valle, who was suspended without pay after his arrest last fall, hung his head and appeared to wipe away tears Monday as his 27-year-old wife, Kathleen Mangan, became the first witness to testify against him.

Mangan, a former Bronx school teacher, was the one who alerted authorities that her husband was involved in fetish websites that talked about kidnapping, torturing, cooking and killing women. She and the couple's infant daughter moved out of the family's Queens apartment in September.

Valle, 28, was arrested on October 24, and charged with conspiracy to kidnap a woman.

full: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/25/us/new-york-officer-cannibalism/index.html

3 replies, 545 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Prosecutors: NYPD officer was 'deadly serious' about cannibalism scheme (Original post)
alp227 Feb 2013 OP
quinnox Feb 2013 #1
Xipe Totec Feb 2013 #2
PufPuf23 Feb 2013 #3

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 10:31 PM

1. maybe he has some reptilian blood in him

It is weird, there was another bizarre story not too many years ago about a guy, I think from Germany or some European country, who wanted to be eaten and advertised in a newspaper, and some crazy dude replied to the ad, and said ok, I'll do it, and killed him and then ate some parts of him. No kidding.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to quinnox (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 10:33 PM

2. Ameglian major cow

Reply to this post

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Tue Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM

3. Glad that Gilberto Valle was suspended without pay. Whew!

Sarcasm.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread