HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Nevada Assemblyman Brooks...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 08:24 PM

Nevada Assemblyman Brooks is denied access to firearms for one year

Source: Las Vegas Sun

Assemblyman Steven Brooks, D-North Las Vegas, has been placed on a federal list prohibiting him from buying a firearm for one year, a state public safety official confirmed Monday.

Brooks attempted to buy a rifle at a Sparks sporting goods store Friday, sparking a criminal background check required for gun purchases.

... Brooks has been arrested twice in the past two months, once on allegations he threatened Speaker Marilyn Kirkpatrick, D-North Las Vegas, and once on allegations of domestic battery. He also was detained for a psychiatric evaluation last month following a domestic disturbance with a sword.

Brooks is on paid leave from the Assembly and has been banned from entering the Legislative Building. The Assembly has also convened a select committee to determine whether Brooks is fit to continue serving in the Legislature.

Read more: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/feb/25/brooks-denied-access-firearms-one-year/

2 replies, 359 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nevada Assemblyman Brooks is denied access to firearms for one year (Original post)
Newsjock Feb 2013 OP
mokawanis Feb 2013 #1
Loudly Feb 2013 #2

Response to Newsjock (Original post)

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 08:33 PM

1. Domestic disturbance with a sword?

plus two serious allegations against him in the past two months? I'm glad he's been prohibited from buying a gun, and disturbed to consider he can probably easily get one through other means.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Newsjock (Original post)

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 08:56 PM

2. What about guns and ammo he already OWNS?

Too bad so sad for whomever he decides he wants to shoot I guess.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread