HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Thing X Apologizes
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 05:58 PM

Thing X Apologizes

Excerpt:

In addition, let me take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who's ever been offended by anything at any point throughout time. To be challenged in any way, or made to feel an emotion that is not immediately recognizable, is the worst thing in the world, and something for which the incredible human gift of language should never, ever be used. We are sorry if your feelings were ever hurt about anything.

To that end, we're sorry to the people of Pompeii, JonBenet Ramsey, the people of Afghanistan, the people of Iraq, the people of Rochester, New York, those who were unhappy with their last meal, the world's retarded people, the victims of the tsunami thing, anyone who was offended just now by the term "retarded people," Jimmy Spivey, whom I made fun of in high school for his big fat head, Armenians, and, most importantly, victims everywhere—especially our advertisers.

Rest assured that from this day forward, nothing will matter to us more than your comfort, now and after we are dead. Moreover, we have taken immediate action and murdered every intern involved with these incidents.

I feel like such a c*nt right now.

Yours,

Steve Banannah
Thing X CEO

http://www.thingx.tv/articles/thing-x-apologizes-2287/

Spoof of The Onion CEO apology by former Onion writers. The asterisk was added by me to avoid spelling out the word in question.

2 replies, 561 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thing X Apologizes (Original post)
oberliner Feb 2013 OP
monmouth3 Feb 2013 #1
oberliner Feb 2013 #2

Response to oberliner (Original post)

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 06:12 PM

1. The Onion offered a very sincere apology. I hope this is the end of it..n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to monmouth3 (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 07:01 PM

2. These folks are saying they should not have apologized

What do you think?