HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tom Teves: "I Have V...

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 07:06 AM

Tom Teves: "I Have VOTED Republican My Whole Life,...“I’ll NEVER Vote Republican Again — EVER!"

Caren and Tom Teves, who live in Phoenix, said they have supported McCain in the past, including his last campaign. “I have voted Republican my whole life,” Tom Teves told TPM. “I’ll never vote Republican again — ever.”

The mother of a young man killed in the Aurora, Colo. movie theater massacre told TPM on Thursday she was appalled at the way Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) handled her question about an assault weapons ban at a town hall event in Phoenix. “I was very surprised that a senator, who has been in office for over 30 years, would address a grieving mother, who just lost her son exactly seven months prior — yesterday was the 20th, I lost my son on 7-20-2012 — to tell me that I needed ‘some straight talk,’” Caren Teves said by phone.

At Wednesday’s town hall, Teves told McCain that her son, Alex, was killed in the massacre, and she urged the senator to support a ban on assault weapons. McCain responded: “I can tell you right now you need some straight talk. That assault weapons ban will not pass the Congress of the United States.” The crowd, many of whom appeared to be pro-gun, burst into cheers and applause at McCain’s comments. But Teves said she wasn’t phased by that, and those cheers, as captured by a local TV news crew, were only part of the story.

“I wasn’t surprised,” Teves said. “It’s a large, divided issue. I did start my sentence with — and I believe this — ‘I am a supporter of the Second Amendment.’ What they did not show you in that clip was after I did say that the military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines don’t belong on our streets, there was also some huge support and applause that unfortunately was cut out of that clip.” Teves was accompanied at the town hall event by Patricia Maisch, the woman who helped stop shooter Jared Lee Loughner in the Tucson, Ariz., massacre in January 2011. Maisch also recorded McCain’s comments on video, and later told TPM she was disappointed by the senator’s response. “I always wish there was a more positive outcome after those events,” Maisch said.

Teves said her husband recently wrote McCain a letter addressing the Aurora shooting, which took the lives of their son and 11 other people. But she said McCain’s office responded with a impersonal form letter that focused on an an entirely different massacre: the elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn. Neither McCain nor his staff approached her after the town hall event, she added.

cont'

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/02/mccain-gun-control-aurora-mother.php?ref=fpa

78 replies, 13422 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 78 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tom Teves: "I Have VOTED Republican My Whole Life,...“I’ll NEVER Vote Republican Again — EVER!" (Original post)
Segami Feb 2013 OP
Stuart G Feb 2013 #1
Mojorabbit Feb 2013 #42
John2 Feb 2013 #46
Mojorabbit Feb 2013 #50
D Gary Grady Feb 2013 #74
Mojorabbit Feb 2013 #75
catbyte Feb 2013 #2
truebluegreen Feb 2013 #12
Jade Fox Feb 2013 #40
hopemountain Feb 2013 #60
calimary Feb 2013 #62
mwb970 Feb 2013 #13
pangaia Feb 2013 #24
vlyons Feb 2013 #27
SheilaT Feb 2013 #34
calimary Feb 2013 #63
truebluegreen Feb 2013 #41
devilgrrl Feb 2013 #54
City Lights Feb 2013 #61
treestar Feb 2013 #15
jollyreaper2112 Feb 2013 #16
jollyreaper2112 Feb 2013 #17
pangaia Feb 2013 #25
AlbertCat Feb 2013 #28
zipplewrath Feb 2013 #37
Rider3 Feb 2013 #47
WinkyDink Feb 2013 #66
frylock Feb 2013 #68
nikto Feb 2013 #77
Zoeisright Feb 2013 #78
Berlum Feb 2013 #3
demwing Feb 2013 #4
bread_and_roses Feb 2013 #5
reflection Feb 2013 #18
vlyons Feb 2013 #29
Plucketeer Feb 2013 #35
Jade Fox Feb 2013 #38
LongTomH Feb 2013 #53
wilt the stilt Feb 2013 #6
AlbertCat Feb 2013 #30
Segami Feb 2013 #32
PatSeg Feb 2013 #7
sad-cafe Feb 2013 #44
PatSeg Feb 2013 #49
sad-cafe Feb 2013 #58
frylock Feb 2013 #69
Locrian Feb 2013 #8
CJCRANE Feb 2013 #11
hue Feb 2013 #33
CanonRay Feb 2013 #9
cantbeserious Feb 2013 #10
treestar Feb 2013 #14
AndyA Feb 2013 #19
Jennicut Feb 2013 #20
reflection Feb 2013 #21
tanyev Feb 2013 #22
perdita9 Feb 2013 #23
pangaia Feb 2013 #26
hue Feb 2013 #31
kimbutgar Feb 2013 #36
yellowcanine Feb 2013 #39
still_one Feb 2013 #43
yellerpup Feb 2013 #45
Historic NY Feb 2013 #48
VA_Jill Feb 2013 #51
Squaredeal Feb 2013 #52
frylock Feb 2013 #70
Demobrat Feb 2013 #72
ailsagirl Feb 2013 #55
Cha Feb 2013 #56
Downtown Hound Feb 2013 #57
Politicub Feb 2013 #59
UnrepentantLiberal Feb 2013 #64
harun Feb 2013 #65
frylock Feb 2013 #67
Smll_Ax3 Feb 2013 #71
Third Doctor Feb 2013 #73
nikto Feb 2013 #76

Response to Segami (Original post)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 07:14 AM

1. As noted before...Here Mc Cain shows for all..what an asshole he really is..

When pressed, he needed to give her.."straight talk".. just think about that...Mc Cain needs to "straight talk" people from Araizona who
were involved in a gun attack that killed this woman's son..
....no matter what else he says...that is who he is....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Stuart G (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:23 AM

42. He should have showed some empathy

While he was being honest in that it is doubtful the house will pass any meaningful gun control, he handled this situation horribly.

Reply to this post

Response to Mojorabbit (Reply #42)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:29 PM

46. Ok, if I was

a U.S. senator, doesn't it depends on what you do? How will he vote and would he try to persuade others in his Party? That is why he is in the Senate. So doesn't he fight for this issue the with the same vigor about Benghazi? So he carries very little weight in his Party? So there were differing views in that crowd but the only views mattered were from probably the people that were against gun laws. He didn't seem to have a problem standing his ground for immigration reform but I guess only when an issue becomes politically expedient for him it becomes important.

Reply to this post

Response to John2 (Reply #46)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 01:01 PM

50. Perhaps he is looking at it from what he can do in the senate?

he could further it there but The house is in the hands of the right wing and that is where most reform will go to die. He knows this.. so perhaps was letting her know it was not going to happen. He could still, as you said, make eloquent speeches and use persuasion in DC trying to move it along within his party.He did not offer her that as best as I can see. He showed zero empathy though and his method of responding was horrible. I am amazed he has got where he is. His people skills are negligible.

Reply to this post

Response to Mojorabbit (Reply #42)

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 12:28 AM

74. McCain's expression of sympathy edited out

I'm not a McCain fan, but in the interest of accuracy, it's worth noting that what he said was seriously distorted by some Breitbart-style editing. McCain's full response was: "Well first of all could I say thank you, and God bless, and thank you for your service and sacrifice you've made. Our hearts and our prayers go out to you and your family. And I just had a town hall meeting yesterday in Tucson, and there were people there who were affected by this terrible tragedy of the shooting there. I met with Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords in my office last week on this issue. As you know, they are becoming, understandably, great advocates on this issue. And I will continue that conversation. I can tell you right now you need some straight talk. That assault weapons ban will not pass the Congress of the United States. it won't."

See http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/mccain-aide-pushes-back-on-selective-editing-of

Reply to this post

Response to D Gary Grady (Reply #74)

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 12:50 AM

75. I am surprised that an edited version was posted here

of his response. Thank you for posting the entire clip. I am disappointed that it was misrepresented . I expect it of the other side not here.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 07:32 AM

2. It's a shame that Republicans have to personally experience GOP evil in order

for them to realize what they have been supporting. I guess that's what those brain studies are all about, sigh.

Reply to this post

Response to catbyte (Reply #2)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:20 AM

12. Yup.

Their inability to identify with others without personal experience has got to be a part of that, and why they are what they are.

They used to say a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. I'd say a liberal is a conservative who has been shot (or gotten sick, or is unemployed)(not that they will admit it).

Reply to this post

Response to truebluegreen (Reply #12)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:13 AM

40. Your first sentence: Exactly

There seems to be a major difference between people who can imaginatively connect with the experience of others, and feel empathy, and people who understand only what they've experienced directly.

I've thought for years that this is a major difference between those who lean liberal, and those who lean conservative.

As a young teen I remember hearing Phil Ochs' song "There But For Fortune". Hearing the song had a major impact on my political development. It made me think about the possibility that bad stuff happening to others could happen to me too.

Reply to this post

Response to Jade Fox (Reply #40)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:10 PM

60. except for some, empathy

is our perceived weakness and achilles / bullseye.

attacking our empathic humaness is worthy of great honor for the hard hearted and mean spirited. but what the attackers do not understand is that such attacks fuel our passion and do not break us.

Reply to this post

Response to Jade Fox (Reply #40)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:22 PM

62. Dang - that line - "There But For Fortune." INDEED.

Years ago I worked for a guy who used that phrase once in a conversation describing conditions that were turning harsh for some of his friends. And that just stuck. Just bored into my brain. And regardless how deep in there it is, it still keeps popping up to the surface. It made a tremendous impression on me.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:20 AM

13. I have noticed this too.

There is something defective in the conservative brain that makes them unable to feel any empathy for anyone except themselves or immediate family members.

We all know that republicans hate gays, right? Not dick cheney. Why not? BECAUSE HIS DAUGHTER IS GAY.

We all know that republicans consider waterboarding to be a mere annoyance, and certainly not torture, right? Yet every right-winger who subjected himself to it to prove how benign it was came out saying "I was wrong, it IS torture." Why? BECAUSE IT HAPPENED TO THEM PERSONALLY. (And, the minds of other conservatives were not changed one bit as a result. After all, it didn't happen to THEM.)

Now we have the guy in this article, who apparently was fine with all the horrors and vileness of republicans for years, but now must immediately leave the party forever. Why? Because the meanness and cruelty of the party WAS DIRECTED AT HIS OWN WIFE instead of at some abstract, non-existent "taker" woman!

This all suggests that the only way to get conservatives to see the truth is to expose it to each right-wing nutjob individually in terms of someone he truly cares about, specifically himself. But this will take too long! I think just waiting for them to die off is still the better course.

Reply to this post

Response to mwb970 (Reply #13)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:07 AM

24. Absolutely 100% correct.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:17 AM

27. After the sequester hits,

and they lose their jobs, a lot of them will change their tune.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:36 AM

34. You expressed it perfectly.

I am constantly outraged at the almost daily reports of some idiot who has supported Republicans until they go after his union, or start trashing teachers big time and she's a teacher. And so on and so forth.

I'm old enough to remember Eisenhower as President. Back then, not only were the Democrats the party of racism and bigotry -- although I'd argue no where near as vile as certain Republican factions are today -- but Republican values were ones almost everyone could understand, identify with, and support. It remained that way pretty much until Reagan became President, and then there was a steady and not very slow march to the right, to destroying unions, to crushing the working class (which has since morphed into crushing the middle class), support of policies that actively harm people, and a complete lack of compassion for everyone.

So, it took YOUR son being murdered and only AFTER that the callousness of John McCain for you to finally see the light? I wonder how many more murdered children will it take.

Reply to this post

Response to SheilaT (Reply #34)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:42 PM

63. Well said, Sheila T. VERY well said. And completely true.

And the default position always seems to be sneering at the whole idea of being empathetic. Of genuinely sympathizing with someone else's plight. Of really embracing the - "shit, what if it happened to me?" I was watching MSNBC today and the woman who knocked the magazine out of the hands of the Tucson shooter while he was trying to reload said something really stark. ANOTHER of those statements that just sort of bores into your brain for a good long stay. "Take the name of one of those victims who was shot, and substitute the name of someone you care about. Imagine that was YOUR daughter, or grandmother, or the neighbor who lives down the street from you."

Really sad. And these assholes vote. And some of 'em even get voted into Congress and the Senate.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:17 AM

41. Exactly right. nt

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:13 PM

61. Well said!

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:24 AM

15. thought that first too

Like, what broke the camel's back? One single issue, with personal experience, and if Gramps had spoken kindly, the switch wouldn't have occurred.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:26 AM

16. Yup

Exactly precisely what I was about to type. That's the way though, isn't it? The only reason Cheney has an enlightened view in gays is because of his daughter. And that may well be because his wife would give him too much shit if he didn't.

You couldn't figure out the republicans were a bad idea with all the other evidence? He has to take a shit in your mouth before you notice? And if he'd been polite that day you'd still be a republican? You're only upset because he personally offended you.

Thanks for your vote but it ain't for the right reasons, lady.

Reply to this post

Response to jollyreaper2112 (Reply #16)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:27 AM

17. Ha

And I see other posters also echoed my thoughts.

Reply to this post

Response to jollyreaper2112 (Reply #17)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:09 AM

25. Echo Echo Echo

until the end of time.

Reply to this post

Response to jollyreaper2112 (Reply #16)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:18 AM

28. You couldn't figure out the republicans were a bad idea with all the other evidence?

They haven't changed.

He will never vote Republican again FOR REVENGE.... not because of some epiphany. Nothing's changed in him.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:02 AM

37. Old joke

You want to turn a democrat into a republican, rob 'em.

You wanna turn a republican into a democrat, fire 'em.

Unfortunately they're ruining the joke. Now even crime victims are turning democrat.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:32 PM

47. You are so right

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:50 PM

66. Exactly. The comment cooled my ire, to be honest.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 01:19 AM

68. indeed..

Kinda selfish of this guy that it would take something that personally affects him so deeply to open his eyes. But hey, whatever it takes.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 02:11 AM

77. Being slow-on-the-uptake is a trait of nearly all Conservatives.

It takes a true crisis to make them finally break-through to reality.

Suffering has a way of curing political "uncertainty" (i.e. obstinacy).

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 05:35 PM

78. Yup. Nothing really happens until it happens to THEM.

I don't know if they're incredibly selfish, self-involved, or can't see beyond their own turned up noses, but they are really stupid.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 07:34 AM

3. Republicans are again crapping all over American mothers and fathers

No respect. No wonder Republicans are circling the drain. Now they are crapping all over the people they have -- in the past -- been able to sucker into supporting them.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 07:52 AM

4. Senator McCain needs some straight talk

1. shut the fuck up
2. go the hell home.
3. retire your sorry ass

Reply to this post

Response to demwing (Reply #4)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 07:59 AM

5. amen to that (n/t)

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:28 AM

18. Preach it brother!

(or sister, whichever applies)

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:18 AM

29. Option 3 is the best

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:44 AM

35. Hear here! Well put.

I send this cranky artifact at least one angry post card a month. Crash might just be validation of the notion that dinosaurs walk with humans - him being a living example of a DIPlodicus.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:05 AM

38. McCain is such a sorry excuse for a public servant. n/t

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 02:42 PM

53. What will happen to McCain is that, he will be primaried by a Tea Party opponent.....

.....because he's not crazy....er, conservative.....enough. That will leave an opening for a Democratic challenger, if the AZ Democratic party can put up a strong candidate.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:01 AM

6. It is sad that a tragedy

like this is how a family finds out how demented a party has become.

Reply to this post

Response to wilt the stilt (Reply #6)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:21 AM

30. a family finds out how demented a party has become.

I repeat:

Nothing's changed.... it's REVENGE! He won't EVER vote Repug again (even in the unlikely event that it might be good to vote Repug) because of some epiphany, but simply for REVENGE.

They learned nothing.

Reply to this post

Response to AlbertCat (Reply #30)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:24 AM

32. +1

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:02 AM

7. That was shocking, even for McCain

He was completely tone death, no sensitivity or compassion whatsoever. Then people applauded? What kind of society do we live in? And why is that befuddled old man stll in the Senate?

Reply to this post

Response to PatSeg (Reply #7)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 11:55 AM

44. he has been there too long

he needs to retire

Reply to this post

Response to sad-cafe (Reply #44)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:51 PM

49. And take his buddy Lindsay with him

I can't stand their pal Joe Lieberman, but at least he knew when to exit gracefully. These two have to be the center of attention all the time, even if the attention is negative. Its embarrassing to watch adults act like pre-schoolers.

Reply to this post

Response to PatSeg (Reply #49)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:02 PM

58. totally agree

yes it is

Reply to this post

Response to sad-cafe (Reply #44)

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 01:28 AM

69. he's not going anywhere until he's six feet under

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:09 AM

8. its that lack of empathy and compassion

Even if they *think* they have a point, they simply cannot seem to engage the empathy and compassion 'gear' in their brains. Which of course, maybe they just dont *have*.

Reply to this post

Response to Locrian (Reply #8)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:15 AM

11. "There but for the grace of God go I"

is not in their vocabulary.

Reply to this post

Response to Locrian (Reply #8)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:27 AM

33. This nails it---the hallmark of the Re/Teapukes--Ayn Rand's legacy--lack of empathy!

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:10 AM

9. John McCain is now 100% pure ego

there is nothing else left of the man. No heart, no soul, no brain, no courage.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:13 AM

10. The Depravity Of America's Gun Culture For All To See

eom

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:23 AM

14. I got a letter back like that, once

I wrote Congressman Michael Castle (R-Del) a letter on an issue and got back a form letter with his (opposing to mine) views on the subject. Thereafter I got many letters on that subject that presumed that I supported his view, not mine. It was a big "F You I don't listen to my constituents, I tell them what they think." I never had any respect for the guy after that.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:32 AM

19. McCain was very disrespectful to this Mother, and showed no empathy whatsoever

Time for him to go.

The Gun Manufacturer's Profit Lobby (aka National Rifle Association) has compromised so many politicians. It's time to get the MONEY out of politics.

In a world where corporations (which aren't living, breathing things) are people, whoever has the most money gets what they want, and more guns more guns more guns is the only way to survive in a supposedly civil society, money seems to be the root of the problem.

McCain should have retired years ago. He is not intelligent, as an intelligent person would have never chosen a nit wit like Sarah Palin as a running mate.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:34 AM

20. McCain and Republicans in general have no ability to feel empathy for others.

Mr. Teves saw it finally with his own eyes. I feel for this woman. I live in CT. Our state has been through hell these last two months since the Newtown shooting. But we have had amazing responses from our Governor, Senators and the entire Congressional delegation. One huge difference? They are all Democrats! And not conservadems. Nope. Not one in the bunch. They are not much better.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:35 AM

21. The video that accompanies the article

features McCain calling one of his constituents a "jerk" for asking "where's the dang fence?"

The next day a reporter asked McCain if he regretted calling the man a jerk and he said "of course not. I call people jerks all the time. They call me jerks all the time. This is supposed to be fun. Lighten up!"

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:43 AM

22. The GOP can't see that this is a greater problem for them than demographics.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:06 AM

23. No Constitutional right to "Bear and Keep Children"

As the NRA is always so quick to remind us.

The Founding Fathers must be appalled at what the priorities of this country. We spend more energy protecting guns from law then we do protecting children from bullets.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:14 AM

26. McCain has always been, and still is,,

a little boy who never grew up. A child. He has never matured past adolescence, never looked deeply into himself, as one must do to become an adult.
THIS is another of those 'general' characteristics of republicans.

Evan as a pilot he was a hot dogger (and rather incompetent, apparently). Daddy issues I would guess.. but..

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:24 AM

31. K&R

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:57 AM

36. In a couple of years I bet this guy and his wife will vote republican again

I also would bet they watch Fox and listen to Rush and will go back to being indoctrinated in their hateful gun loving rhetoric.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:13 AM

39. “I can tell you right now you need some straight talk....."

Apparently McGrumpy doesn't know that declarative statements that start with "you need" will never be well received. "Straight talk" doesn't need to be rude and that is just rude.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 11:50 AM

43. from the person who would not support a day honoring Martin Luther King, this should come as no

surprise

He is a JERK

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:04 PM

45. Many thanks to John McCain.

Every vote counts! One more for our side!

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:41 PM

48. Senator have you no decency?

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 02:32 PM

51. One at a time

Just one. That's how it's done.

How can we expect our elected officials to represent us when they are already being paid to represent someone else?

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 02:38 PM

52. People like Teves caused the problem in the first place

...by voting Republican "all their lives". It's only when the mayhem becomes personal do they realize the error of their ways.

Reply to this post

Response to Squaredeal (Reply #52)

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 01:32 AM

70. word up

Reply to this post

Response to Squaredeal (Reply #52)

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 09:17 PM

72. Yep. When it was other people's kids being gunned down

that was just fine. When gun violence was something that happened to black kids in the ghetto, it was their problem, not his. Now the evil has affected him personally, and he'll never, ever, ever, vote for them again? Sounds like a case of too little, too late to me.

Sorry for the kid. The parents, well, they brought it on themselves.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:41 PM

55. KICK

Send article to any repuke friends/family members you may have

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:43 PM

56. We all knew what a giant runaway asshole john mccain

is. Who is mccain destroying here? Himself.. the bugger is self imploding.

This f***** wanted to be president of the USA.. with palin as his VP?

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 04:12 PM

57. You gotta love Republicans

I'm very sorry for these people's loss, but I can't help but notice how the only time they stop voting Republican are when their shit policies affect them personally. They didn't stop voting Republican when over a million people were butchered in the Middle East thanks to Republicans. They didn't stop voting Republican when thousands of other Americans perished from gunfire. They didn't stop voting Republican when Republicans fought tooth and nail to ensure that 40,,000 Americans kept dying every every year from lack of health insurance.

No, it was only when they lost somebody close to them that they stopped voting Republican. Everybody else just didn't matter.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:02 PM

59. So he'll insult a grieving mother before confronting his party?

What a chicken shit. I despise him in so many ways. He's the embodiment of dishonor.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 06:42 PM

64. John McCain is a dick.

Always has been.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 PM

65. McCain knows better than anyone who owns Congress and he was being honest

with this woman. That both sides have sold out on this issue long ago, no way it passes Congress.

I understand the anger, but when it is against the truth I cannot understand the hate towards McCain here.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 01:16 AM

67. you get what pay for dood..

It's sad that it took grampy mcfiveplane's absolute insensitivity to open your eyes, but welcome to reality.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 09:47 AM

71. Now?!

after all that the right wing has done, Now, he see's the light?
what took so damn long?

i will never understand the right wing mind!

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 11:13 PM

73. Mccain showed much of a asshole he was

what's worse is that this couple was surrounded by a room full of applauding assholes. The hardcore repugs lack empathy and sympathy.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 02:04 AM

76. Losing The Country, 1 vote at a time

Keep it going, GOP!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread