HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This message was self-del...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:32 AM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (dkf) on Thu Feb 21, 2013, 11:01 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

6 replies, 355 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to dkf (Original post)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:36 AM

1. " ‘Whose Side Are You On?’ Columbine Survivor Blasts Obama "

More Stupid Political and Anti-Gun Arguments

Women in Combat = Victories for Our Enemies

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/category/constitution/#ixzz2LcCW5LVL

This website smells pretty right wing to me. Am I wrong ?

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to steve2470 (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:42 AM

2. I have no idea. This is all new to me.

We don't have game wardens here that I know of, I just found the info interesting. Found it via the twitter, so no it's not an endorsement of the site, just a shout out to game wardens.

Response to dkf (Reply #2)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:46 AM

3. The site is crap, and any posts there are dubious

What corroborating info do you have for this?

Response to pinboy3niner (Reply #3)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:50 AM

4. Looks to be correct...they are law enforcement

The Enforcement Division of the Department of Fish and Game is proud to be the very first State Law Enforcement Agency enacted in California for over 124 years of service.

The role of a Game Warden has evolved with the times, with the men and woman serving to protect the life and property of it's citizens and those who visit and enjoy California's Resources.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/enforcement/history.aspx

Being a California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) Wildlife Officer is a great career. It offers individuals interested in law enforcement a lifetime of challenges, diverse assignments, and opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. Wardens have Statewide jurisdiction and although their primary funtion is to enforce Fish and Game code, they may be called upon to enforce any of California's laws.

Wildlife Officers provide the public with hunting and fishing information and protect California's diverse resources from poaching and overuse. They are required to carry and use firearms; they usually work alone and on weekends and holidays; and often work during the night. Wildlife officers patrol on foot, on horseback, by plane, boats, and in a variety of vehicles. They investigate reports of violations, collect and preserve evidence, write reports, and testify in court.

Wildlife officers are also expected to promote and coordinate hunter education programs, collect and report information on the conditions of fish and wildlife and their habitat, and represent the CDFW at local schools and meetings of special interest groups, e.g., hunting and fishing clubs, Lions Club, Rotary, Audubon, etc.

Wildlife officers have assignnments in both rural and urban areas of the State. They are typically assigned to and responsible for enforcing the law in a specific geographical area of the State. They enforce all Fish and Game laws related to hunting, recreational and commercial fishing, trapping, pollution, falconry, and exotic animal laws. Following is a list of some of the specialized duties and assignments that are available for both limited term and permanent assignment:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/enforcement/career/

Response to dkf (Original post)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:55 AM

5. Google "game wardens Dorner" and you'll find plenty of articles citing the role game wardens

played in stopping that madman. No need for rw sources.

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #5)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 04:00 AM

6. I didn't realize they were called upon as law enforcement.

Oh for goodness sakes screw their role then. I'll delete to protect us all from this site.