HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Former Republican Senator...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:47 PM

Former Republican Senator Knocks Up Fellow Senator's Daughter. But Just The One Time!

Former New Mexico Sen. Pete Domenici told the Journal on Tuesday he fathered a son outside of his marriage over 30 years ago, revealing a secret kept for decades.

Statements given to the Journal by Domenici and the son’s mother, Michelle Laxalt of Alexandria, Va., identified the son as Adam Paul Laxalt, a Nevada lawyer. Michelle Laxalt formerly was a prominent government relations consultant and television political commentator in Washington, D.C. She is a daughter of former U.S. senator and Nevada Gov. Paul Laxalt.

Michelle Laxalt said “one night’s mistake led to pregnancy” and she chose to raise the son as a single parent.

MORE...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/20/1188529/-Former-Republican-senator-knocks-up-fellow-senator-s-daughter-But-just-the-one-time

Oh heck...one more article on this matter can't hurt can it? Besides I loved the title...

7 replies, 824 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Former Republican Senator Knocks Up Fellow Senator's Daughter. But Just The One Time! (Original post)
Purveyor Feb 2013 OP
KansDem Feb 2013 #1
oldhippydude Feb 2013 #2
Purveyor Feb 2013 #3
patrice Feb 2013 #4
oldhippydude Feb 2013 #5
patrice Feb 2013 #7
sad-cafe Feb 2013 #6

Response to Purveyor (Original post)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:50 PM

1. "All in the Family!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:51 PM

2. more than one time.......... would be a re pete n/t

Reply to this post

Response to oldhippydude (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:54 PM

3. LOL. Indeed! eom

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:59 PM

4. Holy cats all of those political and media/PR connections, why didn't this make Pete subject to

political extortion?

Wasn't he mentioned in something to d with Justice Department cronyism (a.k.a. "capture") back in 2004 or '08?

Reply to this post

Response to patrice (Reply #4)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 11:17 PM

5. i was wondering the same thing.....

it's not that he is in a sensitive situation now... if he wanted to be involved with lobbying I would not have thought it to be a big deal.. and at this point I don't know anybody here in NM that gives a damn...

you may be thinking of his involvement in the US attorneys scandal in 06.. one of those fired was from New Mexico... Pete was implicated, as was Heather Wilson (Republican house member).... our dear friend Karl Rove was into that up to his eyeballs.. and of course it went nowhere with Alberto Gonzales as A G

Reply to this post

Response to oldhippydude (Reply #5)

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 01:12 AM

7. Thanks for remembering that for me!

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:53 AM

6. do as I say

not as I do

Reply to this post