HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Biden: 'Moral Price to Be...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 04:47 PM

Biden: 'Moral Price to Be Paid for Inaction' on Guns

Speaking just more than 10 miles from Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, Vice President Joe Biden warned Congress that there is a "moral price" that will be paid if action is not taken to prevent gun violence.

"I say to my colleagues who will watch this and listen to this, I say to you: 'If you're concerned about your political survival, you should be concerned about the survival of our children. And, guess what? I believe the price to be paid politically will go to those who refuse to act, who refuse to step forward because America's changed on this issue. You should all know the American people are with us,'" Biden told a conference on gun violence at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, Conn. "There's a moral price to be paid for inaction."

The vice president praised the families who lost loved ones in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., for the courage they have shown in the past two months and cited their tenacity as an example for all officials working on stemming gun violence.

"I can't imagine how you did it," Biden said. "When I think about all the courage you've shown, it's not too much to ask the political establishment in this country, the members of Congress, Democrats and Republicans, state legislators, governors, to show some political courage, too."

http://news.yahoo.com/biden-moral-price-paid-inaction-guns-201929947--abc-news-politics.html;_ylt=A2KJ2UjolCZRm0AAQwvQtDMD

0 replies, 245 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread