HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » GOP'S Trolls & Moles ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:23 AM

GOP'S Trolls & Moles Killing Government From Within

GOP administrations have had a lot of time to salt most federal agencies with saboteurs and obstructors. The end result is agencies that no longer respond or respond in a timely manner. As a result the GOP mantra that "government is the problem' becomes credible to the public.

Many of the failures at the federal level seem to be more than coincidental. Glaring failures and oversights do not add up. Executive decisions are made that are totally out of character come up all the time. Delays in VA benefits and backlogs are a product of lack of staff, but they are also a product of obstruction and sabotage. It is easy to lose files or alter them.

When I worked at DOL there were a lot of GOP workers who went out of their way to deny or delay benefits by bending rules, ignoring rules or using other subtle means to clog up the works. One would have to be naive to think that the Bush and previous administrations did not install its moles in our federal organizations. If I remember right Reagan bragged that he was appointing agency heads to dismantle agencies he did no like.

One only has to remember the GOP appointees to the Cabinet put into place to stop enforcement and policy administration.
That is why I believe Obama finds it difficult to govern. The fact that we have NO ATF director and have no had one since 2008 should tell you something. Soon we will not have and NLRB Board as the last commissioner will have their term expire. And the GOP will not approve any new ones.

We may have won the election but the GOP and its billionaires are still dismantling our country. Like the snakes they are all the GOP has to do is wait until the prey dies.

Our country is in critical condition. Remember even as the Chinese are hacking our computers the GOP voted to reduce funding to combat cyber hacking.

4 replies, 849 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP'S Trolls & Moles Killing Government From Within (Original post)
TheMastersNemesis Feb 2013 OP
2naSalit Feb 2013 #1
TheMastersNemesis Feb 2013 #2
2naSalit Feb 2013 #4
enough Feb 2013 #3

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Original post)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 01:31 AM

1. And it was well known

at the time of his departure that BCheney were positioning these moles and hacks in roles where they couldn't simply be replaced by the incoming administration. They are still there sabotaging as you said.

People need to wake up and smell their asses ablaze, maybe the sequester would serve that purpose. Whatever happens to the country in the near future will be telling. Yesterday my former graduate advisor, a political scientist, was wondering if we would still be a country next year.

Time will tell, not sure I'm all that willing to be watching at this point. I do what I can to educate my friends and neighbors but that's all I can do with no resources available.

But you are absolutely correct about this.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 2naSalit (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 02:03 AM

2. The GOP Influence Is Most Obvious In Certain Places.

When I look at what has been happening at NPR and on Public broadcasting it becomes obvious how far reaching the negative effects are. Even though a hard right winger was ousted at PBS their programming has moved a bit to the right. We have two PBS stations in Denver. One has gotten very conservative by the standards that used to prevail. The other younger one has a lot of left wing programming. There is a lot of left programming on the older PBS channel that is non existent anymore.

One program that has really gotten compromised was Lehrer News Hour. It seems like he got a lot like regular media. Their stories have been much softer on the GOP and conservatives and some of their investigative stuff has been lame. And some of the rhetoric on NPR is so right wing.

The FCC has recently made decisions that definitely favor hate radio and television recently. And the FAA as I have mentioned has become no more than a shill for the airlines.

Compared to even when I retired a lot of federal and state agencies have gone pretty much lame. My take on my own agency is that if you are in enforcement and take strong action you will get slapped down.

The advent of drug testing to get benefits that a person has a right to under the law based on eligibility is just terrible cruel policy. To me such policies are the most significant element of a "police state".

So even though the Democrats have won the election, a lot of the GOP and ultra conservative policy moves forward behind the scenes.

It may sound outrageous, but the Benghazi affair was caused by an erosion of security that was caused by under funding and contracting security. What most people do not realize is that the GOP had undermined our security long before Obama won. The embassies security systems were turned over to essentially "soldier of fortune" corporate operations. Our military used to protect our diplomatic corp. Cheney and Rumsfeld turned a lot of that over to private contractors and fragmented the system. Civilian contractors cannot really call in military units and weak local military in places like Libya are NOT capable of protecting our interests because their forces tend to be militias or tribal militias.

Reply to this post

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 11:48 AM

4. Notice how the

multitudes of contractor mercenaries are never mentioned anymore? And with pentagon cuts, ya think the funds that flush into that ugly-demon-nightmare-dirty-little-secret-from-hell would be reduced at all? Probably not.

I agree with what you're saying here. I have been watching the decline of NPR/PBS since sNewt was screamer of the House. He was the one who initiated the decline by attacking them in the contract on America back in '93. Thats' when they incorporated for protection but they've sold their souls to stay in the game. I live in Mormonland and ALL of the TeeVee and radio is dominated by their skewed values. The only NPR station I can access on the actual radio is based in an LDS university and so they have church all day Sunday, with one hour of news at 6am and that's it, the rest is church stuff. And two hours of church on Tuesdays. The local/regional news they report is totally RWNJ stuff, and all you heard about during the last election was how everyone is wrongly characterizing RMoney's intentions. They were all salivating about the prospect of him being pres. so they could push their agenda down our throats. They already dominate the state legislatures of ID, UT, NV, WY and MT... and perhaps the Dakotas too. It's obvious to those of us who are not part of the cult that there's no such thing as separation of church and state in this part of the country. But I digress...

To those of us who are paying attention to the stuff that's under the radar, it's not a good scene at all. I trained for senior executive service but was "listed" because by the time I was done with my master's degree, shrub was in office and I had been a long time registered Dem... not on their side of the fence so to speak.

Anyway, glad you brought that up, more citizens need to be aware of this stuff.

Reply to this post

Response to TheMastersNemesis (Original post)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 08:02 AM

3. k&r (nt)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread