HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is there something in the...

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 09:58 PM

Is there something in the water in Arizona?

Latest stupidity:

The same woman -- Republican Sen. Judy Burges, R-Hateful Old People (aka Sun City West) -- who sponsored Arizona's notorious birther law is back this session with SB 1403, a bill that would prevent Arizona from participating in any kind of legislation that would support the eeeeevil UN "Agenda 21" plan to destroy America through environmental laws.

“I appear before you to address a United Nations program that is designed to change our way of life, our heritage and our liberties as outlined and protected by our most precious Constitution,” she announced. “I testify to you against the seductive evils contained in the United Nations’ agenda for the 21st Century and more easily stated, Agenda 21.”

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/arizona-republicans-stand-fight-evil

20 replies, 1277 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 20 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is there something in the water in Arizona? (Original post)
Archae Feb 2013 OP
HooptieWagon Feb 2013 #1
NRaleighLiberal Feb 2013 #2
OffWithTheirHeads Feb 2013 #7
awoke_in_2003 Feb 2013 #8
marybourg Feb 2013 #3
Tansy_Gold Feb 2013 #4
marybourg Feb 2013 #5
OffWithTheirHeads Feb 2013 #6
LeftInTX Feb 2013 #9
Egalitarian Thug Feb 2013 #10
marybourg Feb 2013 #11
Lady Freedom Returns Feb 2013 #14
Egalitarian Thug Feb 2013 #20
TM99 Feb 2013 #12
Lady Freedom Returns Feb 2013 #13
TM99 Feb 2013 #15
Lady Freedom Returns Feb 2013 #16
TM99 Feb 2013 #18
grantcart Feb 2013 #17
TM99 Feb 2013 #19

Response to Archae (Original post)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:05 PM

1. Maybe its sunstroke?

There sure is a lot of batshit crazy out there.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:06 PM

2. I've heard it is hot, but it is a dry heat.

Reply to this post

Response to NRaleighLiberal (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:39 PM

7. No, it's a dry hate.

Reply to this post

Response to NRaleighLiberal (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:43 PM

8. Yep, just like an oven. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:14 PM

3. I think it's a little ageist and hateful to call me and my many neighbors

in Sun City West "Hateful Old People". But I'm not hurt. I am old, but not hateful. And I was young and thoughtless too, once.

Reply to this post

Response to marybourg (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:17 PM

4. Ditto from the other end of the Valley. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Tansy_Gold (Reply #4)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:29 PM

5. Thank you. I didn't even mention that if not for the huge

percentage of SCW residents who have been and are WWII vets, including Mr Marybourg, the OP probably would have been posting in German (if alive at all). These are people who were called upon to and performed heroic feats most of us cannot even imagine. Then they came home and quietly got on with their lives. Now in old age they're called hateful old people by someone who probably doesn't have a clue.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:38 PM

6. Don't paint Arizona with a broad red brush.

I'm beginning my third year here in Tucson after spending most of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm so far left on most things that my family nickname is comrade. It was not without some trepidation that I moved here after hearing only of Dick Cheney in drag, Jan Brewer, Ayatollah Joe Arpio, the Depends using idiot John, Snow Snookie Mc cain, etc. We came to help take care of my 90 yo mother in law after I retired. My 90 yo mother in law who I took to the polls and who insisted on voting a straight,Democratic, ticket.

I don't know any teabaggers here. I don't know any Republicans here. Obama bumper stickers in Tucson outnumber NoBama stickers by about 10 to 1. In Sedona, you can get your aura photographed. I don't think you can even get that done on Haight Street in S.F. 4th Street in Tucson ain't Haight Street in the 60's exactly, you can't buy a kilo of weed for $80.00 but it's pretty close.

Arizona is not what it appears to be in the MSM.

Reply to this post

Response to OffWithTheirHeads (Reply #6)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:25 PM

9. I was in the Phoenix airport in 2007

It had a fair amount of "hippie - new age" merchandise.
I was surprised.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:33 PM

10. Nice try, but those of us that have lived there know you are intentionally skewing

this as much as possible. Tucson, part of Flagstaff, and a few specks in Phoenix Tempe (each of these places is a college town) constitute 99% of Zonies with even a tenuous grasp of liberalism.

Arizona is exactly what it appears to be in the media and far worse.

Reply to this post

Response to Egalitarian Thug (Reply #10)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:28 AM

11. And those of us who live here NOW may have a clearer

view than you.

Reply to this post

Response to marybourg (Reply #11)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:57 AM

14. +1

If these people that are painting such a wide stroke want bad, go to Missouri. Even better, go to the SW portion. Since I have come here to Tucson, I have found way more liberals than back in Missouri.

Reply to this post

Response to marybourg (Reply #11)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 01:13 PM

20. Considering that my entire family still lives there,

Cave Creek, Scottsdale, & west side Phoenix, I don't think so.

The state did make some party gains in the last election, but even there the Democratic reps generally are far from what any honest person could call liberal. Being somewhat less racist and/or reactionary while still promoting business above all is not going to result in a grand awakening.

I loved that Sinema got in at the federal level, she should be great fun to watch. Hope she gets to stay.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:44 AM

12. I lived in Tucson and

had a long-distance relationship with a woman in Flagstaff. Those two cities are indeed extremely liberal and vote Democratic.

Phoenix, which is larger in population than both those cities combined, is solidly conservative & Republican (despite a dab of blue around ASU) as are the rural areas near Prescott and along CA & NV border.

I have now lived in Phoenix since 1999, and on whole, having lived here in Arizona in total for 21 years, I have indeed seen that it has gotten very bad. The Tea Party has made this state the nightmare that it most definitely is as portrayed on the MSM. You are lucky to live where you do and how you do. But do not be poor, of a minority race, a man or woman in need of medicaid, etc., or you will see just how sick this state and the majority of its population has truly become.

Just because I and my love are not 'bad' does not mean that I do not see how clearly the state on the whole has become that 'bad'. The broad brush here is quite close to the truth, and that is why I am making plans to leave as soon as I can.

Reply to this post

Response to TM99 (Reply #12)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:53 AM

13. Arizona is no where near as bad as Missouri.

That place makes Arizona look like Liberal Central!

Reply to this post

Response to Lady Freedom Returns (Reply #13)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 01:08 AM

15. Wow that is hard to believe

but these days, the swash of red is becoming nauseating.

I have not yet visited Missouri but I will be doing so this year to attend a Zen retreat in Kansas City.

Reply to this post

Response to TM99 (Reply #15)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 01:16 AM

16. Stay very close to KC!

It is the more liberal area of the state. Stay close to there and St. Louis, that is your best bet when you are Dem or Liberal is Missouri.

You head to the southern ( especially SW), keep your political and, in some places, morels to yourself! There are many places that you will find yourself feeling as if you are getting ran out of town.

Reply to this post

Response to Lady Freedom Returns (Reply #16)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 03:40 AM

18. Thanks for the advice.

I will be driving as I can't fly due to my health. So, I will in the city for sure.

Are you in Tucson? If so, yes, it is on the whole much more progressive & liberal. Even when I was a Republican back in the 1990's, I much preferred it to Phoenix & still do. Phoenix has pockets for sure, but it is pervasively tea party conservative.

Sad really as Arizona is a physically beautiful state.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 01:17 AM

17. From a long long long time Tucson resident (123 days) please note

AZ has 6 Democratic Congressman and 5 Republicans.

The Reublicans elected their Republican Senator 49% to 46%

With changing demographics AZ will be a purple state from now on, especially if immigration reform goes thru.

Reply to this post

Response to grantcart (Reply #17)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 03:43 AM

19. Grant that is true on the national level

but on the state level, you know as well as I that Republicans dominate the legislature, the state policies are decidedly Tea Party Libertarian Randian conservative, and have been for some time now. I just don't see that changing any time soon even with an immigration reform in the near future.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread