HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Chinese and hacking....??
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:36 AM

Chinese and hacking....??

Maybe some countries are getting wise to not going broke over military expenditures and in vesting in cheaper financial information terrorism? We have drones, they have hackers. How soon before they start hacking drones??? "Look over here!" "No, look over there!"
While we are fighting in Congress to maintain the military industrial complex, they are planning and developing the electronic implosion complex. Of course, Congress won't invest in big government projects to research and develop counter-hacking. Just no market for it and you can't kill enough people yet with computers.

2 replies, 325 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chinese and hacking....?? (Original post)
kelliekat44 Feb 2013 OP
Gorp Feb 2013 #1
lumberjack_jeff Feb 2013 #2

Response to kelliekat44 (Original post)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 03:31 PM

1. Keep in mind that a MIG will stay flying if an EMP goes off, but our fighters will fall.

The MIG still uses vacuum tubes. Electronics in our fighters will go dead. We spent millions to develop a pen that could write in zero gravity. The Russians used pencils. The more advanced technology is not always the best.

Don't underestimate what China can pull off. Our government hardly bothers with defensive cyber-security measures. They're more interested in taking on small-time hackers and poor people who owe the IRS money. Our military industrial complex is all about hardware. The electronics are antiquated and often from foreign sources, as are many of the physical hardware parts. Security? I don't think so. It's just a way to feed the MIC companies like Halliburton.

Anyone who doesn't comprehend that we are vulnerable doesn't understand the matter at hand. It isn't just the Chinese, it's anyone with half a brain and an Internet connection. Hacking into a system really isn't that difficult. Once upon a time, that was my label - "hacker". I can still do it but rarely find any reason to now. I find it boring, but will when I feel a need to. Curiously, it is actually easier now than it was 35 years ago. Go figure. Then again, I don't have to use a Bell-212A accoustic coupler to do it now. Single-duplex sucked.

"Do-da-doo-doo-da-doo-doo" - Gotta love Hamster Dance.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kelliekat44 (Original post)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 03:33 PM

2. No kidding.

If it's cheaper to hack your enemy's weapons than to develop your own...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread