HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The pope stole my Makerís...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 07:38 AM

The pope stole my Makerís Mark, Mark Morford

Rumor! I just read somewhere and I think it was BuzzFeed squirting out one of its patented, smarts-destroying headlines, such as 27 Hilarious Exploding Puppies or 42 Awesome Star Trek-Themed Suicides or 17 Pictures of Ryan Gosling Looking at Cheese, I just read a rumor that says if you eat six of Taco Bellís new Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos and then immediately chase them with three of Mountain Dewís new Kick Start breakfast drinks that taste like radiator fluid mixed with artificially sweetened humiliation, you will go blind.

Have you heard? Did you read the latest? Alcohol causes cancer. I mean, obviously. I mean, no kidding, right?

You already knew. Who didnít already know? Who didnít suspect that alcohol, despite what we love to believe, canít possibly be good for you, canít possibly be soaked up by all those delicate blood vessels with glee and happiness, especially given how the body treats all alcohol as a poison, the liver hates every sip and the rumor that one or two glasses of wine or beer a day is actually good for you is total ridiculous bullsĖt akin to 4 out of 5 doctors smoke Camels?

But, well, who the hell cares? Have you tried Casa Nobles? Have you tried Bookerís? Have you tried sucking some dry rosť off a loversí lips at sunset overlooking the Sea of Cortez while the dolphins romp and Surya licks Chandra with a wink and a sigh while the mountains march quietly toward eternity? I might be OK dying a few years early, just for that.

The rest: http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2013/02/19/the-pope-stole-my-maker%E2%80%99s-mark/

3 replies, 536 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The pope stole my Makerís Mark, Mark Morford (Original post)
madokie Feb 2013 OP
OneGrassRoot Feb 2013 #1
madokie Feb 2013 #2
madokie Feb 2013 #3

Response to madokie (Original post)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 07:46 AM

1. Absolutely delicious. I adore him. K&R n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to OneGrassRoot (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 09:58 AM

2. I always enjoy reading his work