HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What's the point of "...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 12:42 AM

What's the point of "Hubris" or any other evidence, they all go free

It's been known for at least a decade what the WMD conspirators, torture camp creators and felonious wire-tapping repug criminals did and NOT ONE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

The credibility of almost all American politicians is completely gone, the only people who even get close to telling the truth are Elizabeth Warren and Alan Grayson. Our system of government has failed, our systems of regulation corrupted, our markets completely collapsed are are only being propped up now and, America continues to fall in every category from education to health care to quality of life.

If we never hold the worst political criminals in our history accountable then nothing will change for the better, we are a country with an elite few whom are above the law, not a democracy.

13 replies, 859 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply What's the point of "Hubris" or any other evidence, they all go free (Original post)
just1voice Feb 2013 OP
mick063 Feb 2013 #1
just1voice Feb 2013 #3
RagAss Feb 2013 #2
mick063 Feb 2013 #4
star113 Feb 2013 #6
mick063 Feb 2013 #7
AnotherMcIntosh Feb 2013 #5
LeftofObama Feb 2013 #8
Bucky Feb 2013 #9
treestar Feb 2013 #10
0zone Feb 2013 #11
Whisp Feb 2013 #12
Grammy23 Feb 2013 #13

Response to just1voice (Original post)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 12:50 AM

1. I can't think of which is worse.

The corporate muguls that looked for a corporate utopia in Iraq.

or

The financial moguls that destroyed our housing market and US economy.

A great deal of pain and suffering caused by both.

And no one is in jail.

I'm seething inside.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mick063 (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 01:01 AM

3. Me too, I've been seething inside for 10 years

That's why I feel like crap when some MSMedia personality like Maddow exploits WMD lies, torture camps and traitors for her own ratings. All the evidence has been in the public domain for a decade already and nobody in power is going to do a damn thing about it, corruption rules.

Now if Maddow or someone else has the guts to say either prosecute these war criminals or I'll never shut up about it then I'd have a little more respect for them.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 12:51 AM

2. It reminds one of the Catholic Church.

Reply to this post

Response to RagAss (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 01:03 AM

4. Yep

Penn State is a microcosm of what is happening on a world wide scale.

The destruction of our children via guns, sex, and money. Meanwhile, everyone in power to stop it is looking away.

And there are those that believe the teaching of early man's coexistence with dinosaurs will make it all go away. The magic wall of faith will protect them from the pure evil that permeates our leadership.

Reply to this post

Response to RagAss (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 01:23 AM

6. Its all the same lineage of rapists and pillagers down through the ages...son following in the steps

of the father...one lifetime after another...

Reply to this post

Response to star113 (Reply #6)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 01:35 AM

7. I'm honored by your reply

Welcome to DU

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 01:20 AM

5. Free, rich, and happy.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 04:48 AM

8. That was my thought when I watched it.

Why now? I couldn't and wouldn't argue with any of the content of the show, but why are they airing it now? What is to be gained from this? Too little, too late imho.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 04:51 AM

9. The point is to tell the truth. Powerful men usually get away with wicked deeds.

But the ability to stop them in the future requires that we keep a constant vigil for the truth.

We won't win 'em all. Throwing in the towel is bullshit.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 02:27 PM

10. That the voters not let the media fool them again

With partial and biased reports.

There is probably nothing that they can be indicted for. War crimes are:

serious violations of the laws applicable in armed conflict (also known as international humanitarian law) giving rise to individual criminal responsibility. Examples of such conduct include "murder, the ill-treatment or deportation of civilian residents of an occupied territory to slave labor camps", "the murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war", the killing of prisoners, "the wanton destruction of cities, towns and villages, and any devastation not justified by military, or civilian necessity".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_crime

So lying is into the war is not included. It is a matter of the conduct of the war once it starts.

We have to elect people who are trustworthy and hold the media accountable. As citizens we hold some accountability and so does the media. DUers were against the war, but not most Americans.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 02:40 PM

11. Too big to serve anytime in prison

The small guy always takes the fall for the rich overpaid leader. Just look at the Catholic church. They have a Pope going into retirement who should be in prison. HE should spend the remained of his hours on earth in prison telling everyone that HE is infallible. But that would never happen. The Pope is too holy for prison. Same with all our politicians. They do no wrong.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 02:42 PM

12. it's so nbc can pretend they are real reporters.

just that time machine thing isn't working quite right, they should have been reporters when it made a difference.

piss on them all.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 03:03 PM

13. When Rachel did a promo for this show last week, I wondered why now?

Glad to have it presented again, just in case anyone has forgotten what they did to our military and the citizens of this country. I don't think I learned anything new from it, but still it was breath taking to see it all presented in one hour of almost unbelievable facts and evidence of how they pulled it off. Deception barely begins to explain it.

So at the end of it, I kind of had the feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop. Would there be a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT to follow that informed us that at last these criminals and liars will soon be in court to be held accountable? I really hoped that would be the next thing that we were told.

Not so. As of this moment, I have heard nothing about any major break through and that pretty soon we'll see someone held accountable for what they did. If this had happened in any other place, people in this country would be demanding that something be done about it. Why is that not happening when they did this to us and smiled while they lied and plotted to have war with Iraq? Oh, and while this was not mentioned in the documentary, some of them made a ton of money from connections to vendors and businesses associated with the war in Iraq. When do we get to see them lose those ill gotten gains???

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread