HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "There is an endless...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 11:53 PM

"There is an endless supply of paint," vandals paint President Obama,

Marcus Davis is resolute. As many times as vandals paint over a mural of President Barack Obama, he will repair the damage over and over again.

"There is an endless supply of paint," said Davis, 41, who opened The Breakfast Klub in 2001. "This mural is symbolic of the presidency of Barack Obama. He wakes up every day to obstacles and challenges far greater than a doggone mural being defaced. If he has the level of courage and type of character that causes him to continue to go on, I'll be damned if I stop."
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Restaurateur-Obama-mural-is-here-to-stay-4291368.php#photo-4098435
Real Picture here

4 replies, 1334 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply "There is an endless supply of paint," vandals paint President Obama, (Original post)
nmbluesky Feb 2013 OP
NYC_SKP Feb 2013 #1
AtheistCrusader Feb 2013 #2
NYC_SKP Feb 2013 #3
AtheistCrusader Feb 2013 #4

Response to nmbluesky (Original post)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 12:01 AM

1. I support Marcus Davis, the owner, and wish him and his family nothing but success!

Fucking haters. I call hate crime.

"The first time it happened, I was very disturbed," he said. "What went on through my mind was this is the world in which I have to raise my seven-year-old son, an African-American male. Nothing will fix this problem outside of us deliberately changing how we think, how we act and how we interact with one another as brothers and sisters of one blood, as one nation."

Go Marcus!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 01:49 AM

2. Do you support his right to carry that AR on his back?

There are people out there completely unhinged with rage, and the people who take a stand like Marcus are the ones that take the brunt of the backlash when the lunatics finally flip out and attack. So, in all honestly, he probably needs his a hell of a lot more than I need mine. Hopefully the local police are keeping an eye out and a protective wing over his business.

Reply to this post

Response to AtheistCrusader (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 09:39 AM

3. Yes, I do. (nt)

Reply to this post

Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:46 AM

4. High-5

I don't mean to make a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be, but I think it helps, in the current climate, that people see GOOD hearted people who use firearms for mature and reasonable reasons, and this article included that, so I'm super-impressed.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread