HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Welcome to the Hotel Cali...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 09:49 PM

Welcome to the Hotel California

Residents disgusted after woman's body found in hotel water tank

Residents of a downtown L.A. hotel expressed shock after police said the body of a woman was found inside a rooftop water tank.

Police said that a Canadian woman who was last seen at a downtown Los Angeles hotel almost three weeks ago might be the victim.

A worker at the Cecil Hotel on Main Street discovered the body -- believed to be that of Elisa Lam, 21 -- about 10 a.m. while responding to a complaint about low water pressure, sources said.

Annette Suzuki, a San Francisco resident staying at the hotel, was revolted by the discovery of the body.

"I heard there that on the roof there was a dead body in the water tank. I'm really disgusted," she said. "Wouldn't you be if there was a dead body in the water tank you're drinking from."

Police said the body had not officially been identified. That will be done by the Los Angeles County coronerís office.

And you thought the Carnival Cruise was a bit off putting.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/residents-disgusted-after-womans-body-found-in-hotel-water-tank.html

8 replies, 938 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Leslie Valley (Original post)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 09:54 PM

1. how does a body get inside a rooftop water tank that supplies drinking water? is it just

wide open so that dirt, pollutants and bodies can get into it?

man, they may have been drinking rats, cockroaches and dead birds for years.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:04 PM

2. Should have included this

It appears that the tanks are covered so somebody must have dumped the body through an access panel.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef017d412a7a8d970c-640wi

Reply to this post

Response to Leslie Valley (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:08 PM

3. those barrels are the tanks? are the access panels left unsecured, so that anyone can get

into them? lots of terrorism potential there.

makes me wonder what the point of putting bombs in your shoe is when you could just poison hundreds of people through hotel water supplies.

i know you don't know the answer, it just surprises me.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:14 PM

5. Any unsecured and un-monitored hatch on any tank that provides solids or liquids for

consumption is just bad management practice. The hotel should have it's shorts sued off.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:11 PM

4. Those tanks are there to make water pressure so the water can flow through the system.

They are covered and someone would have to open up the tank in order to put anything in to that tank...

Reply to this post

Response to WCGreen (Reply #4)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:16 PM

6. Openings should be secured by routinely monitored locking devices. There is no excuse for

what happened. It will be beyond tragic if her autopsy reveals that the young woman drowned.

Reply to this post

Response to Leslie Valley (Original post)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:23 PM

7. Oh God , no

Her disappearance was a mystery to family and friends.

Then she was identified in a security cam video on an elevator acting strangely as if she was being followed. I can't find the video.

There's a whole lot more to this story. This wasn't just some poor innocent woman alone for the first time in a big city.

http://www.chinasmack.com/2013/videos/elisa-lam-strange-behavior-in-elevator-netizen-reactions.html

Edited to add creepy video

Reply to this post

Response to Canuckistanian (Reply #7)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 11:24 PM

8. Here's a Youtube link to the same video.

Looks to me like she is tripping out on drugs, or is having some kind of psychotic episode.

" target="_blank">

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread