HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Gates & Jobs dissing ...

Mon Feb 18, 2013, 11:33 PM

Gates & Jobs dissing each other

A new biography on the life of Steve Jobs is due to go on sale later this month. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs both reveal their true feelings about each other to biography author Walter Isaacson. Gates says that he found Steve Jobs “fundamentally odd” and “weirdly flawed as a human being,” according to The Huffington Post, who obtained a copy ahead of an official release.

Gates also revealed Jobs was “either in the mode of saying you were shit or trying to seduce you.” Gates praised Jobs’ ability to figure out how technology works and bring it to the masses. “He really never knew much about technology, but he had an amazing instinct for what works,” he said.

Steve Jobs was far more blunt about his feelings towards Bill Gates however. He once said that Gates would be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger,” indicating that he felt Gates was different to his “think differently” attitude. Jobs’ most stinging assessment of Gates comes in his biography:

“Bill is basically unimaginative and has never invented anything, which is why I think he’s more comfortable now in philanthropy than technology. He just shamelessly ripped off other people’s ideas.”

http://www.winrumors.com/steve-jobs-biography-reveals-he-thought-bill-gates-ripped-off-other-peoples-ideas/

8 replies, 549 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gates & Jobs dissing each other (Original post)
HiPointDem Feb 2013 OP
white_wolf Feb 2013 #1
DavidDvorkin Feb 2013 #2
HiPointDem Feb 2013 #6
TM99 Feb 2013 #3
derby378 Feb 2013 #4
Dpm12 Feb 2013 #5
joeybee12 Feb 2013 #7
Gormy Cuss Feb 2013 #8

Response to HiPointDem (Original post)

Mon Feb 18, 2013, 11:49 PM

1. I'm sorry, but Jobs is full of shit with that statement.

I may hate M$, but they wouldn't be the largest software company in the world if Gates hadn't created a product (MS Dos and later Windows) that people wanted. Look, I have an Iphone so I'm not anti-apple, but I really don't think Jobs is all he's cracked up to be and honestly I'd never buy an Apple computer because I find them overpriced and they lack a lot of software support.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to white_wolf (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 01:13 AM

2. Gates didn't create MS-DOS, though

He bought it from someone else. But that doesn't constitute "ripping off" someone else's idea.

Reply to this post

Response to DavidDvorkin (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 02:05 PM

6. who said of gates:

"He is divisive. He is manipulative. He is a user. He has taken much from me and the industry." In an appendix he called DOS "plain and simple theft" because its first 26 system calls worked the same as CP/M's. He accused IBM of contriving the price difference between PC-DOS and CP/M-86 in order to marginalize CP/M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kildall

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 09:59 AM

3. Jobs is the classic sociopath.

“Bill is basically unimaginative and has never invented anything, which is why I think he’s more comfortable now in philanthropy than technology. He just shamelessly ripped off other people’s ideas.”

Apple has done nothing but shamelessly rip off other people's ideas, package them up real nice, and sell them at niche prices.

I have little love for either Gates or Jobs. I have come to respect Gates a bit more due to his philanthropic work but not by much.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:03 AM

4. It's PIRATES OF SILICON VALLEY all over again

The two biggest kids on the block, and it's little wonder they had the occasional verbal dust-up.

BTW, if you haven't seen Pirates of Silicon Valley, it's a great flick. I recommend it highly.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 11:21 AM

5. lol n/t

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 02:10 PM

7. Cat fight!

I think Steve is right on about the fraud Gates

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 02:20 PM

8. What does this remind me of? Oh yeah..

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread